Hypothetical poll: Flynn vs TJack

If we'd never drafted RW, which QB would have given us the best chance to win?

• Matt Flynn

Votes: 48 80.0%
  • Tarvaris Jackson

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Post your reasons why you think one would be better than the other.

JKent82

Reaction score
I think Matt Flynn is better than Tarvaris Jackson in all likelihood. This is a stupid poll.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
JKent82":zfya8r01 said:
I think Matt Flynn is better than Tarvaris Jackson in all likelihood. This is a stupid poll.
Trust me, I'm going somewhere with this.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3sc7r8wc said:
JKent82":3sc7r8wc said:

We gonna compare TJacks first 7 games with Wilson's?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
T-Jack was an almost dead-on .500 QB. Flynn on this offense was a turnover machine waiting to happen. I went with T-Jack.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Throwdown":zoi8f3yq said:
SalishHawkFan":zoi8f3yq said:
JKent82":zoi8f3yq said:

We gonna compare TJacks first 7 games with Wilson's?

I hope so because it's a good comparison.

This is a stupid poll. Nobody knows what Matt Flynn would be like as a starter on this team. There's no way to know.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
This is an OPINION poll Zeb. There doesn't NEED to be a way to know. I'm just asking what people think and WHY.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":34e9032v said:
This is an OPINION poll Zeb. There doesn't NEED to be a way to know. I'm just asking what people think and WHY.

This is a setup. You said yourself you were going somewhere with this. You got me interested, lay it on us.

JKent82

Reaction score
I mean I assume it has something to do with Tarvaris playing better than Russell, but at least from the eyeball test Russell looks a hell of a lot better.

Edit: And for the record, Josh Portis is indeed the correct answer, good call guys :th2thumbs:

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I don't know what the point is getting at either, but I'll play. Flynn, no question about it.

sam1313

Reaction score
Shane Falco":2yrzfn2c said:
I don't know what the point is getting at either, but I'll play. Flynn, no question about it.

This, and it probably isn't even close.

The only thing I would give TJ the edge on is being able to survive. I think we would have at least 2-3 more sacks per game with Flynn or TJ under center (less with Flynn than TJ though), and I think that TJ is tougher than Flynn. Even if Flynn started the season we may very well be running with RW now.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1f7h52wv said:
SalishHawkFan":1f7h52wv said:

This is a setup. You said yourself you were going somewhere with this. You got me interested, lay it on us.
I'm waiting to here some good reasons WHY people think one would be better than the other. I'll "lay it on you" tomorrow after the poll has run its course. Patience paduwan :)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2qst1cz1 said:
Zebulon Dak":2qst1cz1 said:
SalishHawkFan":2qst1cz1 said:

I'm waiting to here some good reasons WHY people think one would be better than the other. I'll "lay it on you" tomorrow after the poll has run its course. Patience paduwan :)

I'm a Jedi, like my father before me.

Anyway, I think Throw already exposed your plot. But it's ok, I'll wait.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
He is simply removing Russell Wilson from the formula or the Wilson vs Flynn bias people have. Then when you can not logically explain WHY w/ factual evidence Flynn would be better than TJax he will prove the Flynn believers forever wrong. He will show people just want to believe in Flynn w/ out any evidence.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I forgot to give my reasons. To play by the rules my reason is that I felt T-Jack has shown his entire ability and there was no upside left. Flynn is still an unknown and therefor the upside is an unknown.

edogg23

Reaction score
Purely my opinion and only my opinion, no facts involved or implied...
Flynn starts and we are 6-1 right now.

Latest posts