Fox Sports-Seattle played 5 games in 25 days, 3 on the road

ivotuk

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/...to-san-francisco-more-than-just-struggles-qb/

"Perhaps it should have been expected that if Seattle rookie quarterback Russell Wilson was going to endure an ugly performance early in his first season, it would probably be on the road against San Francisco's stellar defense."

5 games in 25 days, 3 of them on the road at St Louis, Carolina and San Francisco, which came on a short week. 2 home games against probably the best offenses in the NFL. So none of it came easy and they played their asses off in SF, but fatigue catches up to everybody.

I'm proud of this team because prior to this year, they would have been blown out in 2 or 3 of those games if not all of them.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I (and I'm sure many others) actually saw this trouble coming when the schedule first came out. This was a TOUGH part of the schedule. we go from playing at the rams and at the Panthers to coming home to play the Patriots, then a short rest thursday against another top team in the Niners to be followed by another road game in Detroit. This looked like a very ugly portion of the schedule, and honestly, when I think back over my pre season thoughts (even before we knew Wilson was starting), we handled it better than I thought we did.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Yep, I figured that if we came out of this 4-4 we'd have a great shot at the playoffs. I still think we may, but the offense is troubling me. Still, I'm hopeful they may begin to click in the second half.

aku

Reaction score
Over the next 25 days, we'll play two games. What a difference. Even if you include yesterday's game, we'll have played three games in 25 days, with a game on day 1 and a game on day 25.

seanoob

Reaction score
I second the death of TNF. It makes any Friday after a loss feel like a Monday (after a loss). blech.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
I was thinking about it earlier. If they can win in detroit I don't see them with a record less than 10-6. with the second half having 5 of the 8 games at home. Problem is I can't guarantee 10-6 gets the division or a wild card in the NFC. We'll have to wait and see if some this cleans itself up.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
The more wins the Hawks can grab vs. the NFC North, the better the wildcard chances are at 10-6. If they beat both the Bears and the Vikes, I think they're good at 10-6 no matter what happens with Detroit. Sweep all three and the Hawks are golden, IMO.

mikeak

Reaction score
Actually I think TNF can continue but with a change.

Fewer TNF games and only with matchups between two teams that had a bye week the week before. That shortes the time off from a bye week but it is significantly better than what we got now.

In current format the home team in a TNF game should have been on the road the week before and the travelling team should be on the same coast and home the week before.

seanoob

Reaction score
from profootballhof.com -
" Since the Wild Card System began in 1970, only ten wild card teams have advanced all the way to the Super Bowl. Of those, six won the Super Bowl. Only four of those wild card teams -- New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Giants, and Green Bay Packers -- won three games on the road to make it to the Super Bowl."

I would much rather the hawks make it in as the NFC West Champ. They need that 12th man on the field...erm...in the stadium?

justafan

Reaction score
Injury wise, we have held up extremely well.This has been the healthiest I have seen a hawk team since I dont know when