Sidney Rice Outburst

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Anybody else see that? Irritated, body language, throwing his mouthpiece....

So what I want to know is, was he upset with SF defense, or RW not throwing him the ball? Or maybe just frustrated with himself? I really like Rice, but I'd be upset if he was acting like some prima donna. I'd also be upset if he were dead-on right to be frustrated with Wilson, bud bad chemistry we don't need. Just sayin'

Schadie001

Reaction score
PC said in the press conf. that it was because he thought he had been illegally contacted and didn't get a call.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I saw that too and was curious as to why. My initial reaction was that he probably thought he was open and was mad it didn't come his way. I have no idea though, hard to say. He could have just been pissed that we didn't convert the play, who knows. I don't get the impression that he has an attitude problem, doesn't seem that way to me. As a matter of fact, he actually seems a little low-keyed to me personality-wise.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Schadie001":nvt4emxq said:
PC said in the press conf. that it was because he thought he had been illegally contacted and didn't get a call.

Ahh, and there it is. Thanks man.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I would be pissed at that pass offense too. How could you not? It doesn't matter where the blame goes, corrections need to be made this week. I got the feeling a lot of guys simply did not show up for war. Maybe Sidney started to notice it too and had a lapse of leadership for a brief moment? ***Saw the comment about the PC comments and I retract previous question***

To be honest I'd like to see SOMEONE on the offense rounded guys up on the sideline and rallying them up. It's something I (personally) haven't seen a lot of this year. SOMEONE/ANYONE needs to grab this offense by the horns and will it to become great.

Harbaugg outscores his opponents after a loss by a count of 93-11!!! I'd say the 'hawks did a pretty good job of not falling victim like most unfortunate teams have. That game had loss written all over it, and it fit perfectly into this pattern of Loss/Win/Win Seattle has going!

Whatever though, it's a new week and I'm looking forward to seeing wins against MN and DET. Maybe even get that third win in a row against...ugggh...the jets...going into the BYE.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
It's better than him walking off the field with a shrug and laughing on the sidelines; whatever the motivation.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Schadie001":1zs0i2j5 said:

This is 100 percent pure crap and damage control by Pete. He was in Wilson's ear something FIERCE about the ball not coming his way. I will have to say that Rice was WIDE open on the play that he was pissed off about, and it ended up in an interception for Edwards. However, there is a better way to handle that situation than what Rice did. Heat of the moment in my opinion.

kidhawk

Reaction score
If he were saying in the press that they need to get him the ball more, there could be some controversy here, but to be frustrated in a game where the offense is struggling yet again, is what I want to see from these guys. They need to all play better. I think Rice realizes they just aren't up to par yet on the offensive side of the ball....this isn't just due to a single outburst on the field, but from his comments I've heard so far this year. The comments have pretty much been how they need to get better offensively to help out the defense. I've never heard him call anyone out or say any single person is to blame, but that the entire offense just needs to play better as a whole.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Russell Wilson on twitter, "The weak look at adversity and crumble... The strong keep working, fighting, and know adversity simply is opportunity."

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2mhhawdp said:
Russell Wilson on twitter, "The weak look at adversity and crumble... The strong keep working, fighting, and know adversity simply is opportunity."

Aaron Curry had cool inspirational quotes too, where did that get him?

vongstaTHEmonsta

Reaction score
Schadie001":wx57fva4 said:

Could be many things. Could be that he was open and was mad that Wilson didn't throw him the ball. Then when PC asked him, he came with this answer to diverge controversy. Who knows, happens all the time.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":m5zs1odk said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":m5zs1odk said:

A Wilson-Curry comparison....cool, we haven't had that yet.

:spaz:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":z03ze8a1 said:

He's a great kid and a great leader.

That doesn't win games in this league. I give him a pass for last night because the game is much different if passes aren't dropped, but he's been missing open guys all year. Hard to blame anyone else but him for that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":1dkmgece said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":1dkmgece said:

A job playing football for an NFL team making pretty good money? :Dunno:

Bipolar

Reaction score
I happen to like when all players challenge themselves to do better and point each other's mistakes, as long as it is done in a friendly and a constructive manner.

NFL players are not exactly the brightest bulbs on the planet, no athletes are, so it is only natural that they are handling themselves in a less than perfect/gentlemanly fashion when things dont go their way.

Rice screaming and throwing a mouth piece on the ground is an example of those type of occasions. that said, he is a seasoned veteran who is a leader among the recieving corps, and I believe that he does have a right to yell at a rookie quarterback (we may never know what exactly happened - flag or frustration or QB not throwing to him or all the above). as long as they both respect each other and act as a true team, this stuff will iron itself out.

The Radish

Reaction score
I remember last season with Jackson the wideouts getting frustrated with him for not seeing receivers that were wide open.

I suspect that is beginning to happen again, especially with the short/mid range routes. Wilson had success with the long ball for a couple of weeks and now appears to be keying on it.

He is not seeing the entire field for whatever reason. Something he did do early in the year. If its feeling the pressure or what I don't know.

Short/nid range passes get out quickly so the defenses can't react to them. that is not happening right now. He is waiting for longer routes to open up and looking right past open receivers.

:les: