Still seeing 10 wins with this team

kidhawk

Reaction score
Honestly, I just don't know what to think with this team...I keep going back and forth and think we can win as many as 12 games this season, or as few as 8....The second half of the season seems MUCH easier, especially considering, after Detroit (the halfway game) we only have 3 away games.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
We are so inconsisent on offense it's hard to tell. I HOPE that settles out in the second half.

We always seem to play the Bears well in Chicago, the playoff game a few years ago the exception. We killed them last season, although that was without Cutler.

Detroit will be a tough game, they are starting to get it together. Minnesota and the Jets are at C Link, so I like those. I hate the Miami game, we always lay an egg down there for some reason although the D will keep us in it.

10 seems to be about right. I like the fact that we get the division rematches all at C Link.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't care how many we win, but I would like to see a better showing on the road before I die. Since 1976 the history for this team away is dreadful and until it gets fixed it does not matter how many we win as a total.

Best thing to do is try and enjoy the games as were almost at the halfway mark already. Wearing a Hawks jersey today to show all the people out there I am proud of my team.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
In the predictions thread (now in the archives), I had us at 4-3 at this point in the season... and still finishing 10-6.

I even had us losing the next game in Detroit... but I had the Hawks winning the last four games in a row to go into the playoffs with momentum.

10-6 seems very doable at this point. But in the NFC this year, that may not be enuf to make the playoffs.

We're still a very good team but the offense needs some tweaking for us to move up into the top 8 teams in the NFL.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Until our offense can get their shit together on a consistent basis, this is an 8-8 team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":145pd2ik said:
Sgt. Largent":145pd2ik said:
Until our offense can get their shit together on a consistent basis, this is an 8-8 team.

Thanks, man. I'll just delete this thread now.

Oh sorry, I wasn't hyper technical with my analysis like you.......using professional football terminology like "fairly handly"......."rattling ol' Cutler"......and "enough to get us into the tournament."

Wow, you really broke it down. Next time you're dropping this kind of in depth knowledge on us, dumb it down OK? I had to Google some of your terms.

PS. It's called "The Playoffs", not tournament. This is football, not tennis.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":sdfnxqza said:
Ha, really? Alright then.

Sorry, I apologize.....I'm extra cranky this morning after another frustrating offensive performance.

My point is that when EVERY game comes down to the last drive, it's a 50/50 deal........that's where I came up with 8-8. With how poor our offense moves the ball and scores in the red zone, I don't see any easy wins on the schedule.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Just took a peek at the standings and it seems like 10-6 has a pretty good chance of getting it done. If somehow we can take out BOTH the Bears and Vikings, 10-6 looks like a wildcard lock.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I'll say 13-3. I don't see a game left on that schedule that I'll predict as a loss. Currently I'm 4-3 in picking Hawks games this year.