Back at work in the morning

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Back at work in the morning
Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:23 am
  • Are you the "designated Seahawk fan" at your office? You know what I mean ... Seahawks lose and you get six kinds of grief about it. Seahawks win and everyone's pretty quiet about it.

Hey, I don't play the game, I just root for them. If I could catch the damn ball I would be out there.
    * NET Staff *

Re: Back at work in the morning
Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:31 am
  • Yes, I am that guy. I am just glad we don't have a 49er guy here.

Lots of Cowboys, Redskins, Steelers. We have a random colts guy and a ran a random Dolphins guy, so I am sure they feel the same way I do.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:42 am
  • Yup...I am the ONLY Seahawks fan where I work. There is one REAL Niner fan, one Dolphin fan, One Pats fan and the rest are bandwagon Niner fans.

Funny, the Niner fan and I talk football a lot. He's the one guy who is into the game as much as I am, but this week, after their loss (eerily similar to this board) I didn't hear a word from him. I think if he even attempts to talk about the game today I might have to hurt him :) I'm good with letting it settle til Monday at least
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:45 am
  • Yes I am...but strangely they are not piling on, actually very complimentary of our D.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:50 am
  • I work from home but my dogs are 49er fans. Its been a rough morning.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:48 am
  • Hawkstorian wrote:If I could catch the damn ball I would be out there.

You obviously don't need to be able to catch to be on this team.

I am definitely the Seahawks guy in my office. Fortunately, after a loss everyone pretty much leaves me alone. After a win, everyone is talkin' it up.
    Jase
    NET Starter

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:07 am
  • Living in WI I'm basically the only Seahawks fan everywhere I go, but the office is the worst. Probably because I wear Seahawks gear like 2-3 days a week. Luckily nobody here cared enough to stay up and watch the game so I'm not taking too much heat.
    WI-Hawkfan
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:09 am
  • I live in St. Louis, where nobody cares about pro football, so I haven't heard anything.

As usual, all the talk has been about baseball.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:12 am
  • Hawkstorian wrote:Are you the "designated Seahawk fan" at your office? You know what I mean ... Seahawks lose and you get six kinds of grief about it. Seahawks win and everyone's pretty quiet about it.

Hey, I don't play the game, I just root for them. If I could catch the damn ball I would be out there.

This is the first time you've ever been funny, sugarpants. Very true and funny. I've been that guy since elementary school.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:13 am
  • T-Sizzle wrote:I work from home but my dogs are 49er fans. Its been a ruff morning.

fixed it for my terrible sense of humour
    soohawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:18 am
  • abuse over being a Seahawks fan is just part of life.....starting around age 7. However my Arch Nemesis and good buddy at work is a 49er fan, I brought him one of these this morning for the victory!

m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:18 am
  • I work from home so I don't get grief.

I am not looking forward to tonight though. I have a gig tonight and the lead singers husband is a 9'ers fan. The drummer is also a Seahawks fan and they made a bet on this game. I am sure we will hear about the money he won during every break tonight.
    Harbaugh is a lunatic and he'll either die on the sideline while trying to challenge the coin toss, or get into a filthy divorce from the 49ers that will end up with him getting $27 million a year from Michigan to fist fight the entire state of Ohio.

-- Some Random 49er Fan
    Jiggy
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:39 am
  • WI-Hawkfan wrote:Living in WI I'm basically the only Seahawks fan everywhere I go, but the office is the worst. Probably because I wear Seahawks gear like 2-3 days a week. Luckily nobody here cared enough to stay up and watch the game so I'm not taking too much heat.

This pretty well sums it up, except for me it is school not the office.
    Proudly backing the Seahawks from the Frozen Tundra since 1987
    Ampedhawk
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:35 pm
  • I am and I am surrounded by the 49er fans
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:48 pm
  • I had someone cover me for the duration of the game, so I had to go back right after. I got crap ALL night about it.. Someone even put up fliers all around my area while I was at one of my breaks haha. Worst part is that my supervisor is a huge 9ers' fan.. So I'm sure that I will hear about it Monday. I told him that I was going to decorate his desk with Seahawks decor after we beat them in their house.. Oops.
    ruffENrowdy
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:07 pm
  • I travel to various business' during each day and everyone that is a football fan knows I am a Seahawk fan.This year I have been given several compliments and props even after losses.Today 3 people said the same thing......"dropped balls killed ya".Russell Wilson has a lot of peoples attention,they love this kid.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:13 pm
  • T-Sizzle wrote:I work from home but my dogs are 49er fans. Its been a rough morning.

Take em to the pound!! Remind em that you have the number to the vet on the fridge and if they know what's good for them..
    Sgt Largent
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:16 pm
  • I'm a substitute teacher. Taught elementary school PE today and played a version of dodge ball with the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. A 5th grader showed up in a 49ers t'shirt, needless to say he was targeted a few times by the teacher.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:20 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I'm a substitute teacher. Taught elementary school PE today and played a version of dodge ball with the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. A 5th grader showed up in a 49ers t'shirt, needless to say he was targeted a few times by the teacher.

LMAO!
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:21 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I'm a substitute teacher. Taught elementary school PE today and played a version of dodge ball with the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. A 5th grader showed up in a 49ers t'shirt, needless to say he was targeted a few times by the teacher.

Lol i'm an elemantary PE teacher and have been known to participate in this practive from time to time. :twisted:
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:44 pm
  • Wiseguy wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I'm a substitute teacher. Taught elementary school PE today and played a version of dodge ball with the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. A 5th grader showed up in a 49ers t'shirt, needless to say he was targeted a few times by the teacher.

Lol i'm an elemantary PE teacher and have been known to participate in this practive from time to time. :twisted:

Ha! That's funny you guys. I'm an elementary school teacher as well. I'm always messing with the kids about their favorite football teams. I always joke with them and tell them if they wear a Stealers jersey to school, they get an "F" for the day. On Fridays, I always wear a Seahawks jersey. Most of the kids are Stealers fans because of their parents. I live kind of close to Pittsburgh so it's hard enough dealing with the fans, now I have to deal with the kids too, lol. I have even gotten some of them to ask their dads about the Super Bowl debacle. Some of them have came back and said their parents actually thought Seattle got cheated, lol. Pretty honest people around here actually.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:47 pm
  • This is off-topic but I have been thinking of moving back to the Northwest. I have family in Scio, Oregon and have been thinking of applying for teaching positions there. Do any of you know the area and how much they pay for permanent positions or subs? How's the job market for teachers there? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was going to start a thread about it (I still will probably), but was just wondering since I saw these posts.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:12 pm
  • Hawksfanohio, check your PM's.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:35 pm
  • Thanks JSeahawks, I appreciate the good info! I might send you more messages asking about teaching and the area if you don't mind.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information