This is a good team.

VHawk

Reaction score
We played a Super Bowl contending team to the wire and actually should have beaten if not for squandered opportunities.This team will continue to maturate and get better.This offense will click on all cylinders as disappointing as it is to watch they are are so close.

12thMode

Reaction score
I agree, This team is a great team and we should be proud of what we have been able to accomplish so far with this tough schedule. I understand emotions run high after a loss, just like it does for all fan bases, but we need to stay positive we still have 9 more games to play and 5 are at home! I don't think the Niners game was end all for us, we had short turn around and had to travel to play against a hard nose team in their house. It's not like the Niners played outstanding football against us, we just had an off day. We will come back from this, come Dec 23rd the Niners are not going home with a W, mark my words!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I agree. This game ended up how I thought it was going to end up, when Turbin dropped that pass, I had the feeling that we had lost one of the few chances we had to get some points. When the FG was missed, I pretty much could see that it was what it was. A very young team, playing a road game against a team that by rights the Hawks should have lost, or at least would be the dog in.

I do believe that this team would be better, right now with a passer like Flynn, but in the long haul, Wilson is developing rapidly and he will only get better.

I expected the Hawks to lose this game, I expected them to lose in AZ.
I even had my doubts about the Rams.

If any of those three division games are played here, they are wins. The Seahawks schedule had them playing all their division games on the road to start their season and they were in all 3 games with a rookie QB. No other NFC west team had to play their first three division games on the road.

As a team, they gave up an average of 17 points a game in those three games.

As a defense, they gave up an average of 15. That is pretty damn good of an average for three road games.

Yes, they had their chances, but I am fine with the Hawks being 4-3 in week 7, considering the number of home games they have coming against division opponents. I like the schedule for this team to be 10-6. I am also not convinced that the Niners are going to win it outright. There is a lot of football left.

This team isn't perfect, but they ARE better as time goes. No loss is fun, but the Hawks could very well be a dangerous team to anyone as this season moves on.

hawker84

Reaction score
I aree for the most part. however that's the second game in a row we could do nothing to stop the run, i'm afraid our defense is not quite at the level we were hoping they were...the secondary was outstanding, our line backers we're constantly out of position, and shooting the wrong gaps, due to the trap plays they were running.. really reminded me that we have a rookie starting linebacker and a second year linebacker in there who's still learning... leroy hill just looks slow and old.... the whole defense looked slow and tired... our D line was man handled all night, what happened to mebane, he was pushed around all night... don't even get me started on our offense or Bevell's play calling... overall in a way i'm glad this game happened, cuz now i see the light, we are a very good team, but we are not quite there.. wilson will be a good qb, but he is still a rook, and he is still learning... i think we're a couple marquee players away from being world beaters... i look to see them improve week after week, our schedule gets a little easier from here on out... just keep getting better hawks, we still love ya and are behind you 100%... tough loss to swollow, but i'm over it, long week to prepare for the lions, let's get it back on track and start getting some of these road games....

ensett

Reaction score
Hawker, I do not agree at all that "for the second game in a row we could not stop the run" because, factually, it's wrong. The Patriots ran for 87 yards with a 3.3 average. Might be bad for the standards our team has set though :p

In the end, we don't have to be worried about our run defense, this is a one time thing.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Take away the dropped passes and this is a completely different game.

That simple.

We have a long break now to recoup and work on catching the ball with their hands and not trap it against their chest which was most of the reasons the balls were dropped.

The D has some things to work on but it's nothing huge.

This team still has lots of time to get the wins they need.

One last thing, about Russel Wilson, with the exception of the INT, and I believe that actually was tipped at the line, almost every one of RW's passes was spot on, it's just that receivers either couldn't come down with the ball or they dropped it.

I'm not worried yet.

GO HAWKS!!!

OP
OP
VHawk

VHawk

Reaction score
12HawkFan":2n17jyhw said:
Take away the dropped passes and this is a completely different game.

That simple.

We have a long break now to recoup and work on catching the ball with their hands and not trap it against their chest which was most of the reasons the balls were dropped.

The D has some things to work on but it's nothing huge.

This team still has lots of time to get the wins they need.

One last thing, about Russel Wilson, with the exception of the INT, and I believe that actually was tipped at the line, almost every one of RW's passes was spot on, it's just that receivers either couldn't come down with the ball or they dropped it.

I'm not worried yet.

GO HAWKS!!!

100%!

Latest posts