Before you give up on a NFCW crown.........remember...

rjdriver

Reaction score
That although we have lost three division games on the road, NONE of the other NFCW west teams have won on the road either. Every single in-division win in the NFCW has been at home, no road victories. Our opponents have done nothing but hold court at home, we have yet to play a division game at home. It is conceivable (yes, unlikely) that all four of us end up 3-3 in-division. I feel comfortable we will sweep our three games at home. Arizona and STL are strong at home this year, this division is in play until someone loses a home game!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Have a better record than all and this whole thing is moot.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
True that Glove. Although that is statistically unlikely right now as well. Digits are in the drivers seat now but they have some opponents left. ( of course, we do as well)

BlueTalon

Reaction score
rjdriver":2j6apqph said:
That although we have lost three division games on the road, NONE of the other NFCW west teams have won on the road either. Every single in-division win in the NFCW has been at home, no road victories. Our opponents have done nothing but hold court at home, we have yet to play a division game at home. It is conceivable (yes, unlikely) that all four of us end up 3-3 in-division.
I have a weird feeling that that's exactly what's going to happen.

manders2600

Reaction score
The Seahawks got burned by playing Arizona in Arizona in week 1. They seem like a team on the decline with the number of injuries they've had.

gohawks12

Reaction score
I believe two years ago the raiders went undefeated in their division and missed the playoffs...but I'm too lazy to check if my memory serves me correctly. We are fine, we just went blow for blow with a legit contender and with some help from some fundamentals we would have won. God bless Pete

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
gohawks12":17gapn2h said:
I believe two years ago the raiders went undefeated in their division and missed the playoffs...but I'm too lazy to check if my memory serves me correctly.......
Your memory does serve you correctly. 6-0 in division and 8-8 overall and missed the playoffs.

NorCal

Reaction score
Just want to point out that last night was the Niner's first divisional game. They haven't even played a road division game yet. They play @AZ next monday night.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Got to stay healthy and rebound with some wins.

When it gets colder and tougher to throw the ball, you need a strong running game and defense. We have both of those so a lot of things can happen in 2 months.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
we are now through our hardest part of the schedule i believe i think it is very much still in play

sa_seahawker

Reaction score
Improve the pass game, or they are screwed. 31st in the NFL passing ain't gonna cut it. I'm ready for Flynn. Wilson held his own, but if you can't score, you can't win.

Chapow

Reaction score
sa_seahawker":2ir5n4mm said:
Improve the pass game, or they are screwed. 31st in the NFL passing ain't gonna cut it. I'm ready for Flynn. Wilson held his own, but if you can't score, you can't win.

If you can't catch an absolutely perfect, beautiful pass that hits you right in the hands you can't score.

But I'm sure that if all those perfect passes had been thrown by Flynn instead of Wilson, they all would have been caught instead of dropped.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
This seemed to be the best thread to post this...

If SF WERE to go 3-3 in the division, that gives them 3 more losses and 11-5 best possible record. And if we are to go 3-3 in the division, that gives us 7 wins with 4 others needed (out of 6) for 11 wins.

This means we are rooting for Az to take out the Niners in Az a week from Monday. TALL order, but you never know, COULD happen. So realistically, if SF wins that Az game, we are looking at the wild card with already some h2h tie breakers in place. Hope we can get to our bye 7-3!

Go Hawks!

nanomoz

Reaction score
It gets easier from here, I keep telling myself that. And a late bye should help with nicks and bruises at exactly the right time. I don't remember the last time the Hawks had a late bye.

I could realistically see the Hawks winning 6 or 7 of the next 8 games. A strong performance in Detroit wouldn't hurt. I think this team matches up well with them.