Chances E. Moore gets cut?

pehawk

Reaction score
Dude can barely get on the field anyways.

This isn't knee-jerk either, just may become a reality now.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Whole reason we got him was to stretch the field against slower, smaller linebackers. In theory it was a good idea, but he can't get open or catch the ball. I guess this is why the Browns weren't too upset losing him.

ensett

Reaction score
I've never thought highly of Moore, but I believe the team still does. If he cuts get I don't think it would be until the after the season is over.

aku

Reaction score
Eh, I don't know about that. If they were going to cut him after 6 games, they never should have signed him. He's only 27 years old. Even if he can't do much this season, his sheer size makes him a valuable guy to try to develop for the next few seasons. He's not exactly expensive.

kmedic

Reaction score
That's an extremely hard catch to make for a TE to make, down the sideline, arms streched out. It would have been his first explosive catch of the season too for his new team. Give the guy a break. If you really want to see what this guy can do then let him get a few easy catches under his belt, get his confidence up, and then give him a play like that to make.

Cutting or trading all our receivers isn't going to improve this team. Our offense will go as Russell Wilson gains more experience. Expect growing pains.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Aight.

I just REALLY like the roster churn guys this regime picks up. And, he seems to be failing. So far.

ensett

Reaction score
aku":23n9f6qb said:
Eh, I don't know about that. If they were going to cut him after 6 games, they never should have signed him. He's only 27 years old. Even if he can't do much this season, his sheer size makes him a valuable guy to try to develop for the next few seasons. He's not exactly expensive.

Eh, he's a TE. TEs are all big, it's the nature of the position, his size isn't noteworthy enough to keep him.

And that was no where near a hard catch, maybe for a Pee Wee player. If you're a pro you have to make that 100 out of 100 times

-The Glove-

Reaction score
kmedic":ro68x63c said:
That's an extremely hard catch to make for a TE to make, down the sideline, arms streched out. It would have been his first explosive catch of the season too for his new team. Give the guy a break. If you really want to see what this guy can do then let him get a few easy catches under his belt, get his confidence up, and then give him a play like that to make.

Cutting or trading all our receivers isn't going to improve this team. Our offense will go as Russell Wilson gains more experience. Expect growing pains.
If its the same catch I'm thinking about, it was not at all. I make harder catches every Saturday and that's not just BS. You're a professional. Catch the damn ball!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
kmedic":f9ihw8f3 said:

It's not knee-jerk, honest. I just dont see what he's contributing.

ensett

Reaction score
If you think about it though, Moore seems to be purely a receiving TE, and that seems to be how the Seahawks want to use him. Sean McGrath had excellent hands in his preseason time, why not call him up form the PS?

rjdriver

Reaction score
I see rarely any TE contribution from anyone at all. Watching Gronk in person last week was opening to me in seeing how a effective a quality TE can be.

aku

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":ogelhkos said:
What exactly are we getting out of him?
I mean, honestly, how much of that is his fault and how much of it is the fact that Bevell apparently hates TEs? McCoy was Wilson's favorite preseason target – he was averaging 2.33 targets per game going into this week. He had 1 against the Niners. Miller is a Pro Bowl receiving TE. He was averaging 2.66 targets per game. He had 2 this week.

In the earlier games, I think Moore had two targets, both overthrown. I just don't think we can really judge him based on how he's being used so far. He can't block, but that's not why he's on the team. We can call him a receiver if it makes it more palatable. One thing everyone said about him before he got here is that he had great hands and just wasn't being used correctly. I'm not really sure anything has changed. Sure, he dropped a ball. If we cut every player who dropped a ball tonight we'd have to call Owens back. I think he could still be really valuable as a redzone target at the very least. Maybe we cut him in the offseason, but right now, I just don't see that we'd use anyone else any more than we've used him.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Since MH and his offense left, Seattle is where all TE's, no matter how talented go to rot and mold. For the most part, it makes me wonder why we even have them on the roster. Might as well just have 3 more tackles.

Bipolar

Reaction score
100% disagree. Moore is a really talented guy and a big red zone target. I am not positive we are using him in a right manner, in order to give him a legitimate chance to succeed.

hell, if Golden Tate dropped 3 passes, why should we expect nothing but perfection from a 3rd string TE? you guys are definitely overreacting.

Miller - same thing! a REALLY SOLID TE, as good as they come, but is not put in the position to succeed. instead of being a major part of our offense (Jimmy Graham-style), he is put in place to block, block again and then block some more. yawn.

anthony4r

Reaction score
how can people keep saying its the oc fault he doesnt throw the ball

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Bipolar":2o4cv9h4 said:
100% disagree. Moore is a really talented guy and a big red zone target. I am not positive we are using him in a right manner, in order to give him a legitimate chance to succeed.

hell, if Golden Tate dropped 3 passes, why should we expect nothing but perfection from a 3rd string TE? you guys are definitely overreacting.

Miller - same thing! a REALLY SOLID TE, as good as they come, but is not put in the position to succeed. instead of being a major part of our offense (Jimmy Graham-style), he is put in place to block, block again and then block some more. yawn.

When we don't leave him to help in the blocking, our RT gets raped. See the last series

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
kmedic":3jqbezf0 said:

Oh lord... First of all it wasnt a hard catch, sorry. It was actually a really easy catch, it hit him right in the hands.

Second of all, baby him logic.. I can understand your points if hes a rookie, but this is like his fourth year in the league. Slowly raise his confidense..? Umm dude hes a fourth year pro if he needs to be babied and brought up slowly to bring his confidence up what does that say about him as a player. Excuses man, thats all I hear.

Largent80

Reaction score
Dude drops a pass and everyone wants to hang him for it?

Tate didn't drop a single pass all of last year. He dropped 3 last night. It was a host of players making, or not making the plays they normally do, and it is as simple as that.

Latest posts