Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Still seeing 10 wins with this team
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:48 am 
* NET Starfish *

Next 4 games are all very winnable. Will we win all of them? probably not, but I think we can win 3 out of the 4 fairly handily.

Then we play the Bears in Soldier field. it's ALWAYS in soldier field with them. Ugh. I don't feel too good about that one, but you never know. I'd say we're due, and we could rattle ol' Cutler into throwing a few picks possibly.

After the Bears, the last 4 are all also very winnable. Will we win all of them? Probably not, but I can see 3 wins, and all three could come against our division foes. 10-6 and 3-3 in the division may well be enough to get to the tournament this year. I like our chances.

Post subject: Re: Still seeing 10 wins with this team
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:52 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Honestly, I just don't know what to think with this team...I keep going back and forth and think we can win as many as 12 games this season, or as few as 8....The second half of the season seems MUCH easier, especially considering, after Detroit (the halfway game) we only have 3 away games.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:58 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

We are so inconsisent on offense it's hard to tell. I HOPE that settles out in the second half.

We always seem to play the Bears well in Chicago, the playoff game a few years ago the exception. We killed them last season, although that was without Cutler.

Detroit will be a tough game, they are starting to get it together. Minnesota and the Jets are at C Link, so I like those. I hate the Miami game, we always lay an egg down there for some reason although the D will keep us in it.

10 seems to be about right. I like the fact that we get the division rematches all at C Link.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:01 am 
* NET Starfish *

FlyingGreg wrote:
We are so inconsisent on offense it's hard to tell. I HOPE that settles out in the second half.

We always seem to play the Bears well in Chicago, the playoff game a few years ago the exception. We killed them last season, although that was without Cutler.

Detroit will be a tough game, they are starting to get it together. Minnesota and the Jets are at C Link, so I like those. I hate the Miami game, we always lay an egg down there for some reason although the D will keep us in it.

10 seems to be about right. I like the fact that we get the division rematches all at C Link.

Yep. Just feels like a 10-win team to me. Not quite elite, but not mediocre either. A good team. that's what we have. Could we catch fire in the postseason and go on an improbable run? Of course. The Giants twice and the Cardinals in just the last 5 years have done that.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:05 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

I don't care how many we win, but I would like to see a better showing on the road before I die. Since 1976 the history for this team away is dreadful and until it gets fixed it does not matter how many we win as a total.

Best thing to do is try and enjoy the games as were almost at the halfway mark already. Wearing a Hawks jersey today to show all the people out there I am proud of my team.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:09 am 
NET Veteran

In the predictions thread (now in the archives), I had us at 4-3 at this point in the season... and still finishing 10-6.

I even had us losing the next game in Detroit... but I had the Hawks winning the last four games in a row to go into the playoffs with momentum.

10-6 seems very doable at this point. But in the NFC this year, that may not be enuf to make the playoffs.

We're still a very good team but the offense needs some tweaking for us to move up into the top 8 teams in the NFL.

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:14 am 
* NET Starfish *

Well, The offense needs a big time playmaker at WR. A guy that can consistently get open and consistently make big catches. I know everyone's down on Tate, but I think he's done better this year, just had a monstrously bad game last night. He's not the guy, but is a valuable piece of the offense. Same with Rice. We have a great RB, but we're lucky if we get maybe 2 more seasons out of Lynch. We need to improve the right side of the O-line. Wilson is going to get better with experience.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:28 am 
NET Veteran

Until our offense can get their shit together on a consistent basis, this is an 8-8 team.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:32 am 
* NET Starfish *

Sgt. Largent wrote:
Until our offense can get their shit together on a consistent basis, this is an 8-8 team.

Thanks, man. I'll just delete this thread now.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:33 am 
NET Starter

Im seeing 13 - 3

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

peachesenregalia wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:

Lol

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:39 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:

Oh sorry, I wasn't hyper technical with my analysis like you.......using professional football terminology like "fairly handly"......."rattling ol' Cutler"......and "enough to get us into the tournament."

Wow, you really broke it down. Next time you're dropping this kind of in depth knowledge on us, dumb it down OK? I had to Google some of your terms.

PS. It's called "The Playoffs", not tournament. This is football, not tennis.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:07 am 
* NET Starfish *

Sgt. Largent wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:

Oh sorry, I wasn't hyper technical with my analysis like you.......using professional football terminology like "fairly handly"......."rattling ol' Cutler"......and "enough to get us into the tournament."

Wow, you really broke it down. Next time you're dropping this kind of in depth knowledge on us, dumb it down OK? I had to Google some of your terms.

PS. It's called "The Playoffs", not tournament. This is football, not tennis.

Ha, really? Alright then.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:15 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Ha, really? Alright then.

Sorry, I apologize.....I'm extra cranky this morning after another frustrating offensive performance.

My point is that when EVERY game comes down to the last drive, it's a 50/50 deal........that's where I came up with 8-8. With how poor our offense moves the ball and scores in the red zone, I don't see any easy wins on the schedule.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:18 am 
* NET Starfish *

We moved the ball pretty well against Dallas, Carolina and the Pats. the offense just needs a little time to jel and work out the bugs. Last night, we played a legit SB contender in their house on a short week of rest after a massive emotional come-from-behind win. All that and we STILL had multiple chances. Our receivers had some drops. That won't happen every week. I feel - as do many others - that last night was by far the most difficult game on our schedule. after the Lions, the brutal first part of our schedule is over and we can start imposing ourselves on the easier half.

10 wins. if I'm wrong, you can lambast me 'til Kingdome come.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:36 am 
NET Veteran

Just took a peek at the standings and it seems like 10-6 has a pretty good chance of getting it done. If somehow we can take out BOTH the Bears and Vikings, 10-6 looks like a wildcard lock.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:51 am 
NET Veteran

I'll say 13-3. I don't see a game left on that schedule that I'll predict as a loss. Currently I'm 4-3 in picking Hawks games this year.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]