#1 priority in the off season

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Completely start again with our pass catchers. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to tonight, because aside from Sunday these guys aren't getting it done. Too many drops tonight in the biggest game of the season.

- Golden Tate dropping 3-3, wiffing on a key block and then standing there like emotionless afterwards when Obomanu gets slammed into the turf for a two yard loss.

- Sidney Rice complaining at Wilson (on his back) because he didn't get a throw.

- Zach Millier... M.I.A. again and set to earn $11m next season.

- Braylon Edwards... gave up on the pick too easily. Sure, bad decision by RW. But I thought this was 'personal' for Edwards per twitter?

Doug Baldwin is the only guy coming out of tonight with any credit... an UDFA working his tail off for the cause.

If we want Russell Wilson to work, we have to get him reliable receivers. Guys who play with the same attitude as the rest of the team, that are going to go out there and work their asses off to the ball, fight for catches, fight to get open. The single biggest problem with this team begins and ends with the passing game and it's the reason we're 4-3... or more importantly... 0-3 in the NFC West.

Matt Ryan started as a rookie, and Atlanta got him Tony Gonzalez to go with Roddy White, then traded up for Julio Jones. We need to surround our young QB with similar talent if he's going to succeed.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We're relying on Golden Tate, Braylon Edwards, Ben Obomanu, and Charly Martin for our depth. Be honest now people...does that REALLY encourage any of you? And Baldwin's still struggling to stay healthy. I don't care how much Miller and Rice are making - if we're going to the playoffs this year, we need reinforcements.

Tate is not a starter. He's a situational guy and role-player, and he's not even looking good in THAT role. If he has a place on this team, it's with a real offensive guru for an OC behind a much stronger starting corps. This is one example of PC's penchant for "unique characteristics" and "big-play ability" biting him on the ass because he can't handle the bread-and-butter stuff. Not a good choice for a young offense.

razor150

Reaction score
Tate was awful, Edwards had no chance at that ball and is a stretch to blame him and Rice had every right to be mad. Wilson threw into triple coverage instead of making a good decision. Miller didn't suddenly become bad because he came here, play calls or Wilson are to blame for that. I do agree me need to get a receiver.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":d2uvwwfc said:
We're relying on Golden Tate, Braylon Edwards, Ben Obomanu, and Charly Martin for our depth. Be honest now people...does that REALLY encourage any of you? And Baldwin's still struggling to stay healthy.

Not at all. To the point where this isn't a 'one draft pick' type solution. Team has to get creative here, think about a couple of early picks... a trade... maybe even a veteran FA pickup (although those aren't working too well for us so far).

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
No doubt it's the #1 concern. It's weird too because WR is such an odd spot to have an issue with, or at least to me. (Teams overvalue the position) but maybe not the Seahawks.

legend38

Reaction score
4th n 12 and Tate is on the sideline drinking water,what a DOUCHE.

rpmischris

Reaction score
We need BOWE combined with Rice with Tate/Baldwin in the slot. We need a true #1 receiver that can beat double coverages.

Hawks46

Reaction score
agree with razor150.

Wilson should've NEVER thrown that ball. Triple coverage, and oh...my bad, Edwards was supposed to run over 2 guys then the ball was 7 yards away from him ? That was the worst pass I've seen Wilson throw this season.

It was seriously bad enough, that I would've benched him for a series or a quarter and put Flynn in. You can't seriously just let that go as a coach. It was probably one of the worst passes I've seen this season, from any body

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I like how we go from "Oh! I'm so glad we won't have to draft a WR in the first!" last week to "cut 'em all."

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
razor150":1ld2ornr said:
Tate was awful, Edwards had no chance at that ball and is a stretch to blame him and Rice had every right to be mad. Wilson threw into triple coverage instead of making a good decision. Miller didn't suddenly become bad because he came here, play calls or Wilson are to blame for that. I do agree me need to get a receiver.

They broke down the play on English TV (fewer adverts here, we have guys in a studio breaking it down). No way Wilson could've spotted that with pressure to his right. He had two options, take the sack of throw towards the area he did but out of bounds. Instead he tried to make a foolish play. Edwards could've shown more effort though, he kind of skulked away from it as soon as he realised it wasn't heading his way.

VHawk

Reaction score
The season isn't over fellas not even close.These professional WR's just need to step their asses up and make plays.Tate needs to be benched and put Braylon in.I have not given up on this team or the season.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":1k3zp2ae said:
It was seriously bad enough, that I would've benched him for a series or a quarter and put Flynn in. You can't seriously just let that go as a coach. It was probably one of the worst passes I've seen this season, from any body

That's silly, very silly. Imagine if coaches pulled QBs every time they make a mistake! And what was Flynn going to do in those two series coming into a game like this raw? Good grief.

Anyway, for those saying Dwayne Bowe - can I recommend this piece on a possible trade earlier? Would be interested in your take: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/should-the ... wayne-bowe

bruiserwoods

Reaction score
Agreed, we need an absolutely #1 stud who can create separation for himself, and for our other receivers to sneak some stickum onto the field 8)

Receivers did no favors for Russell tonight.

ensett

Reaction score
We could start by not cutting a veteran pro bowl TE for some scrub cut by a bottom tier offense. Evan Moore is so bad that it actually gives me hope that I can make it as a walk on.

rpmischris

Reaction score
I am sooo tired of the dropped passes over the years. Let's fix this before we let this season slip away. Trade for Bowe! There are all sorts of rumors flying around that Bowe might be available for trade. I am not sure what we would have to give up for him but it will be worth it regardless of if he fits our system. With Bowe and Rice as our 1 and 2, we can put Tate/Baldwin in the slot and actually have a formidable WR corp. Also, this will open all sorts of running lanes for the beast.

As a reminder: This is the second game we have let slip away from us this season due to a case of the dropsies.

What Say You?
Perhaps we can get enough fan influence to force the Hawks to do something as this is down right painful to watch.

Here is a well written article on this very subject: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/should-the-seahawks-trade-for-dwayne-bowe

seanoob

Reaction score
That interception was a poor decision to throw into triple coverage, but the ball was tipped by patrick willis which is why it came out like a lame duck.

It was hard watching turbin, moore, tate, yadda yadda drop passes. Just not much room for error facing a much better pass rush, secondary than on Sunday.