That sickening feeling in your stomach

sainthawk29

Reaction score
After the results of the Hawks and 9ers game this last weekend, I was so confident that we would win this game.

Everything is pointing in our direction: momentum, the injury situation, the emergence of a offense.

But as the game keeps drawing near. I feeling keeps growing that this is a perfect let down game.

I hope this team comes out like a house of fire, and puts those feeling to rest, but man, I am starting to doubt this game.

Please .net slap some sense into me.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's called a Seahawks road game. You SHOULD feel that way or you haven't been a Seahawks fan for very long.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I'm the opposite with this one. I am feeling very confident. I don't know why...I just am.

I think it's going to be a brutal/close/at times ugly battle. I think our defense is going to play it's ass off and keep us close, and we will find a way to make just enough plays.

Look for either a pick six, returned fumble or special teams TD.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's game #7 dude, no need to throw up over nerves just yet.

We'd still be 4-3 and going into the weaker part of our schedule for the home stretch. Any of us would have taken 5-2 or 4-3 when the schedule came out.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I understand that feeling... and it's worse today knowing if there's one game it'd be great to win this year - it's this one.

hawker84

Reaction score
why be worried, only pressure on us is loosing a division game ... no one is picking us to win tonight, and as much as i'm hoping for a victory, actually i want to pummel this team and make a huge statement. But as long as we go in there and play good hard nosed football, and put up an epic fight, i'm good win or lose... this game is about are we ready to play with the so called big boys, win or lose, i want to come out of there with our heads high and proud.. so yes i'll be screaming and cussing for a victory the whole way, but as long as they at least show up and put up a fight, i'm good with the outcome.. remember there is still a whole lotta games left after this, and our schedule get substantially easier after this game... so no worries.

go hawks , snap their little necks and take the west....... i have a feeling this team will continue to suprise us week after week. just get that vibe from this group this year....

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20qfyg0y said:

We'd still be 4-3 and going into the weaker part of our schedule for the home stretch. Any of us would have taken 5-2 or 4-3 when the schedule came out.

Well, to be fair its the 49ers - who have owned us lately. We want this one bad.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I am both confident we can win, and pooping myself due to nerves at the same time.

Oops! I just did it again...

:-(

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2yoybrts said:
Sgt. Largent":2yoybrts said:

Well, to be fair its the 49ers - who have owned us lately. We want this one bad.

You can't want it badly without being sick to your stomach? I'm confused.

Just saying it's not like we're 2-4 and on the brink of being irrelevant for the rest of the season. 4-2 means this is not a must win game so early in the season.

cvcahawk

Reaction score
I feel very positive for this game. It is going to be so tight that it is going to rip our guts out. The Hawks will be down at least once in the second half but our D will keep us in it and, with a chance to win it at the end, the team comes through again. I don't know that it will be a grinding 6 minute drive to close them out, a special special teams play, a pick 6 or a Wilson lightning strike, but the Seahawks will be victorious and
I will, once again, be without a voice.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I was feeling great untill i read this post LOL now i got that feeling in my stomach!!

just have to think of one thing and it goes away
OUR DEFENSE !!!!! GOO SEAAAHAWWWWKKSSSS

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":27otlg9g said:
FlyingGreg":27otlg9g said:
Sgt. Largent":27otlg9g said:

You can't want it badly without being sick to your stomach? I'm confused.

Just saying it's not like we're 2-4 and on the brink of being irrelevant for the rest of the season. 4-2 means this is not a must win game so early in the season.

Not sure what's confusing you - it's just how sainthawk29 feels. Let him! :th2thumbs:

The point is, regardless of overall record, I can't think of a win I'd like to have more than this one. I agree, it won't make or break our season...other than the fact that going 0-3 in the division is not optimal. I'm sure the majority of the fan base agrees...

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Ideally, I would love for them to win BOTH of the upcoming road games. I would hate it if they win this and let us down in Detroit while I am in attendance.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
sainthawk29":gbxspx1r said:
After the results of the Hawks and 9ers game this last weekend, I was so confident that we would win this game.

Everything is pointing in our direction: momentum, the injury situation, the emergence of a offense.

But as the game keeps drawing near. I feeling keeps growing that this is a perfect let down game.

I hope this team comes out like a house of fire, and puts those feeling to rest, but man, I am starting to doubt this game.

Please .net slap some sense into me.

Sainthawk29 let me give you a few tid bits of advice I've learned recently.... ;)

(Spoken in my best RW impersonation)

Nervousness and doubt are what your feel when you’re not fully prepared. I think the biggest thing is to really focus in on the "now". Pay close attention to every detail… take constant notes. Keep improving. This game can really humble you, so you never want to get too high or too low. Just take one play at a time. That’s really the challenge about this league and this game. It's something you really have to prepare yourself for… if you want to be great.

Sainthawk29....Don't be afraid to be great!!!

Oh and... GO HAWKS!

Latest posts