Pete Prisco's nice breakdown of Seattle's "D"

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Nice video and article of breaking down Seattle's D and big props to Mebane. In one part of the article he says this about the play of Mebane.

"It was one of the best plays I've seen a defensive tackle make since I've been watching tape. Special stuff. "

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2058 ... have-spark
    Waterhawk1
    NET Rookie

• Hmmmm....

Doesn't change a thing. Prisco still hates the 'Hawks, and I still hate him.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Name three Seahawks starters on defense. Anybody?

Prisco is just showing how totally ignorant he is about sports. Translation: Well, gee, until the big Sherman brewhaha and the Seahawks beating the Patriots I never paid a rats ass attention to them. How am I supposed to know who they are? None of my east coast media buddies know who they are?

@Prisco: Here's three names you should have already heard of you lazy east coast joke for a journalist: Browner, Thomas, Chancellor. Hint: all three went to the Pro Bowl last year. I bet you've heard of Sherman now huh? Tell Vanna you need to buy a clue.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• I used to think Prisco was a big time Seahawks hater. My opinion changed when he posted a link on his twitter to the Q13 footage and said it looked like the refs might have got the simultaneous catch call right.
    thebanjodude
    NET Starter

• I'm guessing Prisco likes Seattle right now because they're getting him page-clicks.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• SalishHawkFan wrote:
    Name three Seahawks starters on defense. Anybody?

Prisco is just showing how totally ignorant he is about sports. Translation: Well, gee, until the big Sherman brewhaha and the Seahawks beating the Patriots I never paid a rats ass attention to them. How am I supposed to know who they are? None of my east coast media buddies know who they are?

@Prisco: Here's three names you should have already heard of you lazy east coast joke for a journalist: Browner, Thomas, Chancellor. Hint: all three went to the Pro Bowl last year. I bet you've heard of Sherman now huh? Tell Vanna you need to buy a clue.

The dude is giving our defense props, what exactly are you mad about?

It's true, no one outside Seattle knows their names. You don't have to go any further than Zolak having to look at his player notes to even call the damn game on Patriot's radio.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• I actually don't mind him all that much. I think he has a bias toward defensive teams more than most people who tend to woo over QBs. That is why he never liked us all that much in our Hass years.

I mean this year he ranked us ahead of GB and NE this week in his power rankings - not many people have us ahead of both those teams.

In the past, we sucked and he ranked us low. That isn't hate - it's reality.

The name three starters thing is obviously a little bit of hyperbole though, unrelated to Prisco, I was surprised how few people knew Sherman in the media. Seeing as Prisco broke down game tape - I am sure he can name three players.

I actually liked the write-up.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

• SalishHawkFan wrote:

I don't think Prisco is wrong. If you asked most casual NFL fans (the kind who probably make up most of Prisco's readers), I'd bet that well under half could name three players on our defense. Heck, I live in a city of a division rival, and hardly anyone I talk to about the Seahawks can even name three players on the entire team, let alone the defense.

It's kind of like asking who plays for the Orioles. They've been a very bad team in recent years, but really made themselves known this year. They're extremely well managed and play great as a team, but are young and their players still aren't well known on an individual level. It's not like the Yankees, where everyone knows who Jeter, A-Rod, Sabathia, Swisher, Texiera, Cano, Rivera, etc are. I follow baseball (not as hardcore as football, but I still like it), but prior to the postseason, if I were asked who plays for the Orioles, I could have mentioned Adam Jones, Manny Muchado, and Jim Johnson, and that's about it.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• SalishHawkFan wrote:

Dude, he's talking about household names! He's asking the readers if they can name 3. Some Hawks fans are too damn sensitive. You say you don't care about the media then cry when you feel slighted.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Guys, we're all the way on the opposite coast of the country... by ourselves... simply put, we're out of sight, out of mind. That's my take on the east coast bias.

That, and we haven't established ourselves as a historically winning franchise (think NE, Dallas, Pittsburgh, SF, etc.). We don't have a long history. We haven't won a SB. We haven't had an elite franchise QB that everybody associates with the Seattle Seahawks. MH had a couple of close to elite years buy that's it. We haven't had an identity that people outside of the PNW can relate to. Thank goodness that is starting to change. RW will be the poster child for the Hawks.

Let's admit it, until we win it all and establish the identity that we are just starting to realize... and sustain it for several years, we're not getting the national respect we all believe that we deserve.

Being in, and winning, a SB or two over the next five years will change everything about "east coast bias".
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Rat wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:

I don't think Prisco is wrong. If you asked most casual NFL fans (the kind who probably make up most of Prisco's readers), I'd bet that well under half could name three players on our defense. Heck, I live in a city of a division rival, and hardly anyone I talk to about the Seahawks can even name three players on the entire team, let alone the defense.

It's kind of like asking who plays for the Orioles. They've been a very bad team in recent years, but really made themselves known this year. They're extremely well managed and play great as a team, but are young and their players still aren't well known on an individual level. It's not like the Yankees, where everyone knows who Jeter, A-Rod, Sabathia, Swisher, Texiera, Cano, Rivera, etc are. I follow baseball (not as hardcore as football, but I still like it), but prior to the postseason, if I were asked who plays for the Orioles, I could have mentioned Adam Jones, Manny Muchado, and Jim Johnson, and that's about it.

Adam Jones is the only guy I know from the Orioles. Never heard of Swisher or Cano, but obviously I know those other Yankees. I loved baseball in the 90's, the Mariners were fun and I also liked the Braves. But the last decade ever since the M's won 120 games and then followed it up with crap year after crap year my baseball interest has waned significantly.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

• onanygivensunday wrote:Guys, we're all the way on the opposite coast of the country... by ourselves... simply put, we're out of sight, out of mind. That's my take on the east coast bias.

That, and we haven't established ourselves as a historically winning franchise (think NE, Dallas, Pittsburgh, SF, etc.). We don't have a long history. We haven't won a SB. We haven't had an elite franchise QB that everybody associates with the Seattle Seahawks. MH had a couple of close to elite years buy that's it. We haven't had an identity that people outside of the PNW can relate to. Thank goodness that is starting to change. RW will be the poster child for the Hawks.

Let's admit it, until we win it all and establish the identity that we are just starting to realize... and sustain it for several years, we're not getting the national respect we all believe that we deserve.

Being in, and winning, a SB or two over the next five years will change everything about "east coast bias".

You're using way too much logic and reason. This thread is for freaking out and being outraged over non-existent slights against our team! BURN THIS MOTHER DOWN!!!!!
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• This is the 7th straight week Prisco has picked the Hawks to lose, both straight up and against the spread.

Yes, there have only been seven weeks so far.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information