Anyone else feeling really excited for Turbin?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
I know this sounds crazy (and Kearly only says it's because of scheme fit), but I'm starting to get that feeling that Turbin (in his limited carries) is looking BETTER than Lynch. I just LOVE this kids speed. One thing you gotta take with Lynch is that he doesn't break the big one often, but what you get is that he gets a good gain pretty much every time, and breaks tackles. Well, when Turbin runs, I feel like we get Lynch (seriously, he goes from breaking no tackles in the preseason, to breaking them all the time now. Rated tops in PFF's tackle breaking numbers per run) and some. He just cuts back and runs so much faster....... I feel like Turbin just cuts back extremely fast, and he is fast, especially for a big back.

I can't wait for this guy to play! C'mon Turbin!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Turbin gets downfield real quick and runs with a great deal of north south momentum, he is the perfect compliment to Lynch, You never know which way Marshawn is going to cut, and they can both truck you... in the face.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hendo66":182d2f1u said:
Yes. Get him more plays.

I agree! Marshawn did not look 100% last Sunday. We are going to need a balanced attack to defeat the Niners......plus some "take-aways". Turbin has good hands as well; however, our half-back screens haven't been very successful.....so far.

Giblien

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2mvf1eb4 said:
One thing you gotta take with Lynch is that he doesn't break the big one often, but what you get is that he gets a good gain pretty much every time, and breaks tackles. Well, when Turbin runs, I feel like we get Lynch (seriously, he goes from breaking no tackles in the preseason, to breaking them all the time now. Rated tops in PFF's tackle breaking numbers per run) and some. He just cuts back and runs so much faster....... I feel like Turbin just cuts back extremely fast, and he is fast, especially for a big back.

I can't wait for this guy to play! C'mon Turbin!

Agreed. I gotta tell you though, I feel MUCH better with back who might have a lower MEAN average and higher MEDIANS. Consistent gains are HUGE. Remember when we had Julius Jones and we had to hope and pray for positive yardage? Now we know with Marshawn it's at LEAST a 3 yard gain. Minus a complete Oline breakdown, when was the last time Marshawn had a run for less than two yards.

So, yeah I agree, but I will take a consistent work horse over an inconsistent "fire-cracker" back every time.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
SNDavidson":18b6m7wx said:
... in the face.
2469173_o.gif

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Agreed that I am very excited about turbins future and he has tons of speed and can be a great RB, the only thing I dont agree with is saying that he is "BETTER" than Lynch. True Turbin has been running tough and does have the breakaway speed that Lynch doesn't, but I don't think Turbin can handle consistently fighting for 4 YAC like Lynch does. Is turbin becoming a tough runner? Yes. Does he have the speed and cut back ability to break big runs more than Lynch? Yes. I just don't see Turbin replacing Lynch completely and still having the tough running and big play breaking without Lynch. I am in no way saying one is better than the other but that they really complement each other well. I think Turbin could be a GREAT back for us in the future if our passing game gets to the level that we all hope. If the D is scared of RW and our WR's then Turbin will be lights out, Until that time we need the "you know we are going to run it but you cant stop us" running game that Lynch gives us with some Turbin sprinkled in.

damn that was alot of Lynch and Turbin typing.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Turbins got some great hands . But Lynch is on a different scale.

I won't be surprised for him to get a series like he did sunday but Lynch is the workhorse.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2f5tp2g7 said:
Turbins got some great hands . But Lynch is on a different scale.

I won't be surprised for him to get a series like he did sunday but Lynch is the workhorse.

Honestly I think Turbin is better. Maybe Lynch when he gets in the pile, but we need Turbin when there's a 2 yard gain straight ahead, but a lightning fast cutback will get you 6 on 3rd and 3.

And his hands are so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

largenutz

Reaction score
Glad this thread was started. . . Now we can watvh lynch destroy the niners, to remind everyone who's boss. Or beast.

Love me some turbin too.

dunceface

Reaction score
Lynch put on a show on them last year so add a lil Turbin to that!
they may not stack the box as much either after RW3's showing...

ivotuk

Reaction score
Turbin could be a primary back on any other team. He is very decisive and hits the hole faster than Lynch and has the speed to go the distance. But he can't get the tough yards that just kill a defense the way Marshawn can.

Defenses wimper when they see Beast Mode coming!

themunn

Reaction score
part of turbin's success comes directly from Lynch's tough running style that tires out D-Linemen and Linebackers, allowing Turbin to use his speed to take advantage.
He's like a "lightning back", except he's got the size to add a little bit of thunder on his own

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I too really like Turbo. I like his current role because he really is a change of pace back that can plow people if needed. I just want to see less shoe string tackles. I remember a lot a times he looked like he could bust a 20 yard run then gets tripped up after a couple.
I too am really happy we have him. He should get better too.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I think Turbin is learning from Lynch. I think Turbin is breaking more tackles due to following Lynch and realizing that if you keep your feet farther apart in traffic you slip less and it's hard to tackle you. I agree that I'm very excited for Turbin but I in no way think he is better than Lynch. You have to earn that, this is waaaay to early to say. If you can still break those tackles in the 4th quarter by yourself that's good, but keep in mind Lynch is also wearing these defenses down for Turbin.

kearly

Reaction score
You are not crazy, but your avatar IS crazy awesome. Where did you find that anyway? Fieldgulls?

I have Marshawn Lynch on my fantasy team and even I want to see Turbin splitting the carries more. Turbin looks more prone to short gains than Lynch, but he has that "pop" that allows him to gain over 5 yards with more consistency. It feels like it's just a matter of time before Turbin breaks one.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I like the young man. He catches the ball well and seems to improve every game. He runs well and he is quicker than I thought from his blocky build.

ProckHawks

Reaction score
Its like our version of smash and dash. Turbin is Smash and Dash himself with Lynch being Pound and Gash. Never had we had two running backs this scary and young on our team at once.

roiyair

Reaction score
I love how fast he adjusted to Cable's system. Obviously we got something good in him for years to come.
But Lynch is MVP material. He's the foundation of this offense. Play action passes wouldn't be nearly as effective if you didn't need 8 guys to bring him down.
The only situation I would favor Turbin right now are third and longs (which we may see a lot tonight), like you said due to his "home run" ability. Also we didn't really establish a screen game, which could come in very handy if the niners are going to bring pressure up the middle the same way the Cards did the first week (I an quite surprised we haven't seen a lot of it since then, considering how well it went for them). Turbin and also Leon would be better suited for these kind of plays.