The Hawks CAN win tomorrow, comfortably...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Thinking out loud here....

    Since preseason I've been trying to rein in my enthusiasm. I'm a Hawks fan, it's the emotionally prudent way to react. But, I REALLY think the Hawks can win this game, fairly comfortably.

    SF's going to have to respect the pass. They just have to. I know it was still cool to question Wilson as early as post-Carolina, but, that was misguided. In that game, the passing attack was an inch or penalty away from going from "work n progress" to "arrived".

    While the passing attack looked shaky at times against the Patriots, it at minimum earned respect. Yes the Pats secondary is lackluster, but it's still NE. Offensively, I'm going to assume the safe bet, more growth. That's kind of a given. I think the Hawks will move the ball, just fine.

    Defensively, can Alex Smith REALLY make the quick reads and throws required to beat the Hawks? He's playing well, and has always been underrated IMO. But, quick and sound decisions aren’t his specialty. Anything longer than a quick read and Alex will have all sorts of pressure, especially with Staley out. Gore doesn't scare me too terribly much.

    The Hawks offense can, and will most likely be, the most dynamic. The defenses MAY BE a push. I'm feeling a win and statement.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10209
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • Great post dude!Love the confidence my brotha,I am with ya' brotha!!
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    User avatar
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


  • we need to get ahead by at least 10 , and force A.Smith to throw and TRY to make a comeback. Then its a rap!!!
    Darrenv17
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 193
    Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:51 pm
    Location: new york,ny


  • Darrenv17 wrote:we need to get ahead by at least 10 , and force A.Smith to throw and TRY to make a comeback. Then its a rap!!!



    Don't discredit Alex. Some of his best games were games he played form behind. Eagles, Lions, Saints, Giants, and that is just a few. Last week, was a bad week, but every QB has an off day. Seeing as Alex hasnt thrown 3 ints in one game since the Eagles game in 2010, Alex rarely gives up the ball. Remember they did go 13-3 last season behind Alex
    kbreitkreutz
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:08 pm


  • Good post pe, I especially agree with the offense being the most dynamic thanks to Cables coaching and Wilson's progression as a QB :th2thumbs: :3:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    User avatar
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2334
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am
    Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George


  • All we need to do is play Seahawk football and punch these nancies in the mouth just like the Giants did.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    User avatar
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


  • VHawk wrote:All we need to do is play Seahawk football and punch these nancies in the mouth just like the Giants did.


    this, and right when they're trying to get up punch them in the mouth again....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4053
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • I think comfortably is a really bad description.
    What happened to them against the giants is a mystery but just like no one is going to "comfortably" beat us, we aren't gonna do this to them.
    This is one tough defense that specializes in stopping the run. They are one of the only teams in the league that can "respect the pass" and still be able to stop the run consistently. We're going to have to battle for every yard in the running game. And I really think they can force us into many third and long situations. This is going to be a huge challenge for Wilson.
    On D I agree that we have what it takes to stop them. The only threat I see is Vernon Davies getting open for a lot of plays down the middle. I think that may be the only somewhat soft spot on our D. I'm totally with you though on stopping Gore and the running game. It just feels like it would take something really really special to establish a solid ground game against our D.
    User avatar
    roiyair
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 66
    Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:27 am
    Location: Israel


  • Both teams want to run the ball first pass second. Whatever team yields the most on the ground more than likely will win. We have played like garbage there for the last 3 years. This Hawk team appears to be a lot better than any of those previous 3 so, we definitely have a chance.

    Protect that ball at all costs, but don't be afraid to air it out.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24216
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


  • roiyair wrote:I think comfortably is a really bad description.
    What happened to them against the giants is a mystery but just like no one is going to "comfortably" beat us, we aren't gonna do this to them.
    This is one tough defense that specializes in stopping the run. They are one of the only teams in the league that can "respect the pass" and still be able to stop the run consistently. We're going to have to battle for every yard in the running game. And I really think they can force us into many third and long situations. This is going to be a huge challenge for Wilson.
    On D I agree that we have what it takes to stop them. The only threat I see is Vernon Davies getting open for a lot of plays down the middle. I think that may be the only somewhat soft spot on our D. I'm totally with you though on stopping Gore and the running game. It just feels like it would take something really really special to establish a solid ground game against our D.





    Marshawn ran all over San Frans D last year,what makes you think he cant do it tonight?The O line is much improved and so is the QB play.People do not realize the mental toughness of this team.Seattle has proved they can bounce back with turnovers and being behind in points,I do not think SF can do the same thing especially if Alex Smith struggles.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    User avatar
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


  • pehawk wrote:
    SF's going to have to respect the pass. They just have to.


    I know Wilson had a good game against the Pats, but let's not get all crazy. Until Wilson proves he can be consistent at reading defenses and making throws THROUGHOUT each game, and not just for a quarter or two.........then our opponents are going to continue to emphasize stopping Lynch first.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3456
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • I'm happy Wilson has played better the last 2 weeks than the first 4, but lets be honest here.. no team on our schedule to date compares to the 49ers.. this team is loaded on both sides of the football.

    Do I think we can win? Absolutely.. just saying this is going to be quite the test for the team as a whole.. offense and defense.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 5119
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


  • VHawk wrote:Marshawn ran all over San Frans D last year,what makes you think he cant do it tonight?The O line is much improved and so is the QB play.People do not realize the mental toughness of this team.Seattle has proved they can bounce back with turnovers and being behind in points,I do not think SF can do the same thing especially if Alex Smith struggles.


    At home he did.. on the road against the 49ers he had 33 yards.

    Which Seahawks team shows up tonight? That's the bigger question
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 5119
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


  • Hasselbeck wrote:I'm happy Wilson has played better the last 2 weeks than the first 4, but lets be honest here.. no team on our schedule to date compares to the 49ers.. this team is loaded on both sides of the football.

    Do I think we can win? Absolutely.. just saying this is going to be quite the test for the team as a whole.. offense and defense.


    Yep. I've had this little pair of games circled as the ultimate test of where we are as a team all year. The Pats game to judge where our Defense is and the 9'ers game to judge where our offense is. I'm not at all scared of the 9'ers and I do believe we can beat them on any given Sunday (...er... Thursday) but it's going to be a slobberknocker no matter what.


    ...BTW, I keep seeing this thread title out of the corner of my eye and thinking it's about me. :dummy:
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11430
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • I'm not saying we won't be able to run the football, just that it's gonna be everything but comfortable, a true fight for every yard.
    This is the toughest run defense we've played this year. We're playing away from home against a team that will come to unleash it's anger after a big defeat.
    If Marshawn is to repeat his performance from last season against them we're going to need an A+ effort from him and the entire O-line. Again last season's performance came while he was on a mean streak and at home with no noise bothering our line. This is going to be one hell of a matchup.
    User avatar
    roiyair
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 66
    Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:27 am
    Location: Israel


  • We simply CANNOT commit the stupid offensive penalties on the road. Giacomini, are you listening?
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24216
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


  • The only way we're winning comfortably is if SF turns the ball over a bunch of times like they did against the Giants, which I don't see happening. Harbaugh isn't going to let that happen two weeks in row. My guess is Smith's leash is going to be very very short this week. Their game plan is going to be run Gore and play the field position game.

    We need Leon to step up this week and give us short fields, or better take a couple to the house. SF has been exposed the past couple of weeks on punt returns, let's hope that continues.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3456
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Harbaugh has no control over turnovers. If we take the run away, that plays into our hands in the turnover dept. AND Gore hasn't done squat against us in the last 4 games, and we are even better against the run than in those games.

    That puts the ball into the air where we certainly can get some pics.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24216
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


  • Largent80 wrote:Harbaugh has no control over turnovers.


    Not on the field, but game plan wise he does.

    My guess against the Giants who have a good defense AND a top 5 QB, he thought he needed Smith to air it out more than he would against Wilson and the Hawks passing offense.

    IMO what the Giants did to the 49'er was an aberration more than a blueprint for beating them, especially at home.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3456
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • It would be a lie if I said I was not concerned about our offense against this Niner defense. I have confidence our defense will contain the Niners to 21 or less points, but I have a hard time seeing our O score more than 21 on that D.

    I sure as hell hope it happens though! Go Hawks!
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

    -- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    User avatar
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3371
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA - USA


  • Re: The Hawks CAN win tomorrow, comfortably... if the special teams plays absolutely stellar and we force multiple turnovers and don't turn the ball over ourselves. Otherwise it's gonna be a damn close game.
    User avatar
    JKent82
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3009
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm




It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information