Pat Kirwan on my local espn radio station today.

VHawk

Reaction score
I got to hear a lil snippet while I was working of Pat Kirwan who comes on our local ESPN radio station every wed. during football season.He said that Russell Wilson has proven he can throw for over 300 yds in a game if needed but wont in the San Fran game and also said that he believes that Pete specifically built our team to beat the 49ers.I guess it is a fair assumption that Pete really does not like Jim Harbaugh.

drdiags

Reaction score
I saw some tweets from some fans listening to Sirius Radio today with John Schneider. Sounds like that interview was loaded with good stuff. If anyone has a summary, I would appreciate. I am going to go grab the stuff I saw. There were some killer quotes listed.

On Baldwin "we told Doug when we recruited him that we weren't re-signing Stokley because we believe toucan be our 3rd down guy"

JS sounds very comfortable with the WRs...that's my interpretation of him talking WRs

Said that Sherman's ceiling is "just so high" & doesn't ever keep his mouth up...

JS is really excited about Maxwell, Gorrer, & Lane...says people haven't seen them but they're coming along

All the DBs call Browner grampa...they were attracted to him because they are "a pure press team"...

Kam was a top 2 ST'er yr 1, and emerged as the vocal leader of the group...learned under Milloy how to be a thumper...

JS on building the 'Legion of Boom' - "Earl is all football and very loyal to his teammates"

JS on A Smith "he is a great athlete" talked about how well he has handled his early years

Rich Gannon just told JS he respects his evaluation of QBs more than any other GM in the league...wow

And the money quote

Adam Schein ‏@AdamSchein

Schneider on Richard Sherman: "He's the guy you play hoops with who misses 6 3's in a row and is talking smack the entire time." LOL.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
If that is true.... that is amazing.
To start building a team a year before your nemesis is even hired, let only 2 years before you knew it would be any good.
Coach Carroll must be a fortune teller, I wonder if he could tell us before the games so we can all stop having heart attacks in the fourth quarter.

The Radish

Reaction score
I've never seen Pete suggest he might do or condone actions showing dislike for the ninners or their coach.

Hell, I've never even seen him swear, something I can't say about Mike Holmgren. lol

I think that's all media talk. Our coaching staff is building a team to beat ALL other teams not just ones in Northern California. I'm glad to say I don't think he's that simplistic.

:141847_bnono:

And for one other point, Baldwin hasn't shown me yet he's even a tiny part of Brandon Stokely who I wish we still had. I watched him in Denver still as great as ever and rarely misses a game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Pete has occasionally been caught on camera swearing (including this past Sunday), but based on what I've read I'd say it's not something he does all the time.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
You can find some clips on youtube of Pete throwing F bombs around, especially one against Mike Belliotti.

The beautiful and hilarious thing about Holmgren was that he'd just explode with these torrential assaults of vulgarities on the sideline and then, after the game, feel genuinely bad because his wife would give him crap about it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I like the high praise of our FO.

I would agree with the Radish....Stokley is still better at this point in his career, and I'd rather have him, although I do really like Baldwin. If he can stay healthy, I hope he can keep improving.

irocdave

Reaction score
PC is no dummy and I dont think he has recieved the credit he is due. He knew coming back to the NFL that he had to drasticaly improve the play of the team and the easiest way to do it is with young guys. They are cheaper and the less invested in aquiring= cheaper to get rid of. Defense is reactive. Speed and instinct can rule over less physically gifted but better prepared offensive players.

Look at how Holmy put his teams together. Great offense that took years to become dominate. The D was an after thought. It was built to play from the lead. Get behind in a game and the wilted.

PC has built a great defensive team. Just hope that JS can peice together the O to give us another shot at the SB. I see this happening in the next couple of years, the D just has so much potential.

niveky

Reaction score
drdiags":3o2n8eip said:
I saw some tweets from some fans listening to Sirius Radio today with John Schneider. Sounds like that interview was loaded with good stuff. If anyone has a summary, I would appreciate. I am going to go grab the stuff I saw. There were some killer quotes listed.

On Baldwin "we told Doug when we recruited him that we weren't re-signing Stokley because we believe toucan be our 3rd down guy"

JS sounds very comfortable with the WRs...that's my interpretation of him talking WRs

Said that Sherman's ceiling is "just so high" & doesn't ever keep his mouth up...

JS is really excited about Maxwell, Gorrer, & Lane...says people haven't seen them but they're coming along

All the DBs call Browner grampa...they were attracted to him because they are "a pure press team"...

Kam was a top 2 ST'er yr 1, and emerged as the vocal leader of the group...learned under Milloy how to be a thumper...

JS on building the 'Legion of Boom' - "Earl is all football and very loyal to his teammates"

JS on A Smith "he is a great athlete" talked about how well he has handled his early years

Rich Gannon just told JS he respects his evaluation of QBs more than any other GM in the league...wow

And the money quote

Adam Schein ‏@AdamSchein

Schneider on Richard Sherman: "He's the guy you play hoops with who misses 6 3's in a row and is talking smack the entire time." LOL.

It was really awesome because they had Pete Carroll on awhile later as well. It was great to hear so much from both of them. I really love how this team is being put together and the synergy it seems there is between Carroll and Schnieder on what they want to do. I will say that just from the way Schnieder talked. He just really seemed to be full of knowledge and that he has done his homework on all the teams in the league..just from how he talked about some other teams. He seems really on top of things. I just wish that I could have caught both of the interviews in full along with the one they had done with Wilson. I am expecting a lot of airtime about the seahawks tomorrow on Siriusxm. Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin seem to really have a lot of respect for what is going on up in Seattle on Moving the Chains, and I really have enjoyed Rich Gannon's insights as it seems he is in that same boat as well.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Re: Baldwin and Stokley

After Baldwin's performance last year, JS had every reason to have that opinion. Baldwin's off to a rough start from nagging injuries and getting his teeth knocked out. His performance against the Pat's gave me hope that he'll continue to progress. Dude is a baller.

Stokley was great, and is a proven vet. When we first signed him, someone called him Wes Welker before there was a Wes Welker. Pretty accurate.