Carroll's Week 7 Press Conference

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Opens up saying they are using the same type of player schedule they've used successfully in past Thursday game(s)

Same ol' Same ol' praising the opponent and talking about how difficult they are to game plan and play against

Says we need to be sure not to make mistakes on the road as they are tougher to overcome

Says Chancellor is ready to go and WILL play on Thursday

Moffit is out...Maxwell is doubtful

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2u824psl said:
Man, Moffit. McQuistan had a bad game against the pats, and I don't really trust him going up against the interior rushers of the 9ers, either. I'm not sure that Moffit is a HUGE upgrade, but I sure would like to see him on the field, he was a 2nd round pick after all.

He said in his Monday Press conference, that it looked like Moffit may be ready to go for Detroit, so keep your fingers crossed.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3nu5uozj said:
Man, Moffit. McQuistan had a bad game against the pats, and I don't really trust him going up against the interior rushers of the 9ers, either. I'm not sure that Moffit is a HUGE upgrade, but I sure would like to see him on the field, he was a 2nd round pick after all.

Actually he was a 3rd round pick in 2011. But I hear you, I would like to see Moffitt back healthy I think he could give Mcquistan some good competition. For next year I'd would LOVE to see Sweezy fighting Breno for the RT job. Sweezy is young and just as nasty as Breno but more athletic. I think he could develop into a good RT.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I was on the Niner website and they are all worried that with Staley hurt Boone may be overmatched at LT against Clemons. So both sides have their injury issues.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Add me to the wanting Moffit back list. McQ got used pretty badly this past week due in large part to not recognizing the correct man to block. I do believe Moffit will be an upgrade.

kf3339

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1lf9pp40 said:
peachesenregalia":1lf9pp40 said:

Actually he was a 3rd round pick in 2011. But I hear you, I would like to see Moffitt back healthy I think he could give Mcquistan some good competition. For next year I'd would LOVE to see Sweezy fighting Breno for the RT job. Sweezy is young and just as nasty as Breno but more athletic. I think he could develop into a good RT.

I didn't even think about the potential of Sweezy to play the RT spot. We know that Cable has the O-line learn multiple positions, so perhaps Sweezy is being trained for the RT position as Breno's backup for now, and later who knows?