Really NFL AM?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Really NFL AM?
Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:27 pm
  • I just look at DVOA rankings. They seem to be the most scientific. After 6 weeks the top 3 defenses are:

1: Chicago
    2: Seattle
    3: San Francisco
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

I dont care who but just get kapershit outa here.- rlkats
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:31 pm
  • ^ Yep, and we've had a tougher slate than the Bears and 49ers as far as offenses faced.
    Image]
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:38 pm
  • Our defense was #1 in points allowed last week, so I don't really understand the whole disconnect of "people were on the #1 defense bandwagon last week".

I would've thought we were going to be #1 this week, and the Niners would be #2, since the Giants hung significantly more points on the Niners than the Patriots hung on us, but guess it didn't average out that way. I also am not real fond of yardage statistics being used for total defense. I do think stuff like Yards per Rush allowed is pertinent, but a lot of passing stats are inflated by the pass friendly rules in the NFL today, so I don't think all of them are always valid.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:47 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:I would've thought we were going to be #1 this week, and the Niners would be #2, since the Giants hung significantly more points on the Niners than the Patriots hung on us, but guess it didn't average out that way. I also am not real fond of yardage statistics being used for total defense. I do think stuff like Yards per Rush allowed is pertinent, but a lot of passing stats are inflated by the pass friendly rules in the NFL today, so I don't think all of them are always valid.

Giants only scored 3 more points on the Niners than the Pats scored on us. The Niners gave up a lot less yardage too.

Also, Chicago only has the best DVOA because they had a bye this week (I think).
    ..[T]his team is on the verge of...tearing the rest of the NFCW a new one. By the time we get to Arizona, Clark should no longer be the mild mannered version of himself, but instead ripping off body parts and waving then wildly in the air while screaming unintelligibly and spitting fire. Ivotuk
    sam1313
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information