Really NFL AM?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Really NFL AM?
Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:27 pm
  • I just look at DVOA rankings. They seem to be the most scientific. After 6 weeks the top 3 defenses are:

1: Chicago
    2: Seattle
    3: San Francisco
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:31 pm
  • ^ Yep, and we've had a tougher slate than the Bears and 49ers as far as offenses faced.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:38 pm
  • Our defense was #1 in points allowed last week, so I don't really understand the whole disconnect of "people were on the #1 defense bandwagon last week".

I would've thought we were going to be #1 this week, and the Niners would be #2, since the Giants hung significantly more points on the Niners than the Patriots hung on us, but guess it didn't average out that way. I also am not real fond of yardage statistics being used for total defense. I do think stuff like Yards per Rush allowed is pertinent, but a lot of passing stats are inflated by the pass friendly rules in the NFL today, so I don't think all of them are always valid.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:47 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:I would've thought we were going to be #1 this week, and the Niners would be #2, since the Giants hung significantly more points on the Niners than the Patriots hung on us, but guess it didn't average out that way. I also am not real fond of yardage statistics being used for total defense. I do think stuff like Yards per Rush allowed is pertinent, but a lot of passing stats are inflated by the pass friendly rules in the NFL today, so I don't think all of them are always valid.

Giants only scored 3 more points on the Niners than the Pats scored on us. The Niners gave up a lot less yardage too.

Also, Chicago only has the best DVOA because they had a bye this week (I think).
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information