DVOA upgrades Seattle to #2 defense

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
#2 defense...vs both the rush AND the pass...against the NFL's very best quarterbacks. Never thought I'd live to see the day. :mrgreen: :3: :179417: :0190l: :49ersmall:

We're also #13 vs TE and #5 vs RB, vaaaast improvement from last year. Thanks Bobby Wagner.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef2012

Also nice to see that we've climbed to #20 in pass offense (above San Diego and Philly). Finally, someone smart enough to be more impressed with efficiency vs strong opponents than with flash and East Coast media hype.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff2012

12th_Bob

Reaction score
#1 in home field advantage and #1 in trash talk. 8) Oh yeah!

One of the best defensive teams I've ever seen considering starting a rookie and the murders row of QB's we have had to play so far.

TalonHawk

Reaction score
I love rooting/representing these guys. We all we got, We all we need!

kearly

Reaction score
Seems strange that our defense would go up after giving up almost 500 yards. Even to an elite offense, that's a long day. I'm guessing it's because DVOA is more concerned about efficiency, and on a per attempt basis, Brady actually had a below average game compared to the rest of the season.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
I was very worried after the first half. Sucks i couldn't watch but saw what i could on gamecast. Sherm and Earl don't get those ints its a different ball game. The adjustments and plays made by the defense and offense in the second half were great. Hopefully this is just the start of a long winning future which i think is coming. I just hope we can keep all these guys in the future although doubtful =(.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Well we definately will not be able to keep everyone forever but the fact that we are able to find all this talent so well I'm quite confident that as we lose guys we will find replacements to keep us solid.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Kelly.Orr":212vb0qq said:
I was very worried after the first half. Sucks i couldn't watch but saw what i could on gamecast. Sherm and Earl don't get those ints its a different ball game. The adjustments and plays made by the defense and offense in the second half were great. Hopefully this is just the start of a long winning future which i think is coming. I just hope we can keep all these guys in the future although doubtful =(.

If Earl Thomas doesn't drop 2 other INT's including one that was a sure fire 6 points the game would have been completely different as well.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":3vo3mwjq said:
Kelly.Orr":3vo3mwjq said:

If Earl Thomas doesn't drop 2 other INT's including one that was a sure fire 6 points the game would have been completely different as well.

I don't see where everyone is convinced that Earl would have had a pick 6 on that first INT he dropped. He fell down on the play, so even if he caught it he most likely goes to the ground and then get's tackles shortly after getting up. Though I wished he would have caught it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":2ljo88r3 said:
Kelly.Orr":2ljo88r3 said:

I think he falls down because he dropped it. He jumped a little for it and it hit him right where it was supposed to. Clear pick 6 to me.