For those claiming a lack of national coverage...

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Right now on NFL.com....

- The headline article is 'Wilson vs Griffin', a piece by Daniel Jeremiah comparing the two quarterbacks. I don't agree with his final assessment (Griffin III was great, but beating an over rated Minnesota at home is hardly a great event... especially with Christian Ponder throwing two of the most ridiculous interceptions you'll ever see). Wilson beating New England in the 4th quarter is a greater achievement, surely? Can't have it all, I guess.

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/performance/2012/REG/6

- The second headline article is the latest Power Rankings piece... with Seattle ranked #7 in the NFL. Above both Green Bay and New England.

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... le=HP11_cp

- Scroll down past the Beyonce non-news and you'll see a video feature on the latest Madden rankings update. The blurb reads: "Find out how much Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson improved his "Madden NFL 13" rating following his three-touchdown performance in this exclusive preview of Week 7's roster update."

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-pac ... gs-preview

- Just below the Madden piece is a detailed article on the Seahawks by Booky Brooks praising the defense: "Seattle Seahawks' defense has speed, size and plenty of swagger." Brooks breaks down tape, goes through the X's and O's.

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... of-swagger

Basically, they might as well call it 'Seahawks.com'.

Escamillo

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":233imkqc said:
- Scroll down past the Beyonce non-news and you'll see a video feature on the latest Madden rankings update. The blurb reads: "Find out how much Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson improved his "Madden NFL 13" rating following his three-touchdown performance in this exclusive preview of Week 7's roster update."

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-pac ... gs-preview

haha, at the end of the Madden vid, they have the "U Mad Bro" pic. That thing's really gone viral. :)

By the way, also at nfl.com is a video of a debate of whether the Seahawks are in the same class as the niners.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seaha ... -the-49ers

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
its only because one of our players called em out , and we are featured on the NFLN this Thursday night which is probably moreso the reason.

ivotuk

Reaction score
MMinnesota gave that game away. RGIII is electric and an amazingly accurate thrower, but Russell did more to get a win than Griff did.

debevemos

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":ool5dws2 said:
Right now on NFL.com....

- Just below the Madden piece is a detailed article on the Seahawks by Booky Brooks praising the defense: "Seattle Seahawks' defense has speed, size and plenty of swagger." Brooks breaks down tape, goes through the X's and O's.

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... of-swagger

Basically, they might as well call it 'Seahawks.com'.

You shouldn't be able to author an article on the Seahawks defense without once mentioning Brandon Mebane or Red Bryant ...

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the main reason for the coverage on NfL.com is because of the Thursday might game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually NFL.com has been consistent in their coverage of the Seahawks this year. Much more favorable coverage unlike the garbage that spews forth from ESPN.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
It sucked being in Ohio for this game. Had to watch the NYFBGIANTS destroy the Niners instead of watch the Hawks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Seahawks have had featured articles and stories about them MUCH more this year. It's not just because of Thursday. You can find an article about Wilson or our Defense every week this year.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I live in Oklahoma, so the only coverage I get is national. Every win we've had this season was against a good team- a team expected to be better than we were expected to be. It's a study in sociology. We're Seattle. We have relatively little winning tradition, we're not on the East Coast. We probably have a bigger fan base than the Jets- they split 15 million people- and probably not 50-50 in their favor. But they get more run...we serve WA, ORE, ID, MT, AK...I'd say there are probably as many Hawk fans in this nation as Jets fans. Maybe not. More importantly, though, is we don't have Joe Namath in our pedigree. We don't have Montana and Young, Staubach and Aikman, Eli or Peyton, any Superbowls, we don't have Halas and Ditka, don't have Lombardi and Favre, don't have Brady and Belichick, no Theisman and Riggins, no Elway, no Don Shula or Marino, no Bradshaw/Steel curtain or Roethlisberger...we flat out don't have the tradition that demands coverage. And we don't have the geography.

We went 9-7 in 1983 and we beat the Raiders both times in the regular season. We played in the AFC Championship...and lost to the RAIDERS. Until we can finish the job, we'll be right where we are right now- viewed as pretenders (because that's what we are doing- we're pretending that we're relevant in the NATIONAL Football League).

That being said...and all things considered...I think we're getting a decent amount of respect nationally. Lack of coverage is due to the above- that's not a respect issue, it's a demand issue. We're getting a lot of talk on the radio- not much of which is bad.

I CANNOT STAND the "disrespect card" that people play on this board. It is so tired, so old. We don't deserve much more than what we are getting, nationally. Which is actually a fair amount. We flat out haven't forced their hand and made them deal with us as equals. Nobody should "crown our ass". The fact that Rome pimped us as much as he did yesterday in his opening hour is enough for me.

In the end, we'll get exactly what we deserve on Friday morning, win or lose.

Basis4day

Reaction score
If we call the analysts morons for not covering us, do we really want the same morons calling us good in a month?

There is plenty of coverage of us out there, if you enjoy reading rather than watching TV.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Love it. I want everyone to know who we are, and to fear us. I want us to be the next NFL dynasty. It's starting now.