Did Seattle win, or did the Patriots just have an off day.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
For whatever reason Rodgers, Newton, Romo, and now Brady just seem to have off days when they played us. Typical huh?

As I was pondering that, I thought of something and if it has been brought up I appologize.

Of course this game featured the #1 D vs the #1 O. Much has been said about Sherm/Brady, Welker, TE's, Clock management, blah blah blah.

I prefer to bring the scope of the game down to the final 3 minutes, with the winner and loser still undecided.

My recap:
With 3 minutes left in regulation looking at 4th and 3 deep in Seattle territory, Pete elects to trust his defense and punt the ball away. Highly risky, but the best call.

The #1 O in the NFL really needed just 1 First Down to close out the game. 1 lousy First down. Our D hadn't forced one 3 and out yet and New England was known for only having (3) 3 and outs so far this season.

We all know New England failed to get the 1st down, the 1st 3 and out of the game for us.

We score, kick it off again, and then New England went 4 and out, turning the ball over on downs.

Back to back, no 1st down allowed. Victory fair and square to Seattle as when it was money time, we rose to the top as our opponent was unable to move the ball.

Let no one disrespect this win. The Seahawks are for real and I predict a Seattle victory Thursday.

grizbob

Reaction score
Well, they had bad day and Seattle gave it to em. :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Seahawks won. NE played well, planned well for our running game, and they had us on the ropes up until 8 mins left. The Hawks D once again came up with the stops needed, Washington gets another big return, RW had his best season game yet, and our receivers burned them up.
We won (and it's even better the talking heads ignore the proper props or credit).

sutz

Reaction score
You know, it's very similar to what we did to the Packers. We 3 and outed them with 2 minutes left, then concocted the game winning score. IIRC, GB was the #1 offense at the time.

Funny how it's beginning to seem like we can win any game, if we just keep it close until closing time.

Gotta love it.

nsport

Reaction score
Every day is an off day for Alex Smith.

Not sure how this guy gets so many accolades. Watch his throws to the WR's. They truly stink. The only throws he can make are crossing patterns, cover-2 beaters, and deep seams to VD. (eww that sounds gross). In any case he HAS had success against Seattle - mainly for 2 things: 1) He's proven to scramble then break a solid play on us. 2) He has always had VD (ew gross!) and Frank Gore.

Is there any wonder they tried like hell to fix their WR issues? They are only marginally improved over last year; Crabtree is the only real difference on that team, aside from some basic experience improvements on the OL and some on defense.

They were exposed again last week. Our team was built to beat the NFC West opponents... it will be a hard fought battle. Alex WILL have an off day.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":21thehz9 said:
For whatever reason Rodgers, Newton, Romo, and now Brady just seem to have off days when they played us. Typical huh?

As I was pondering that, I thought of something and if it has been brought up I appologize.

Of course this game featured the #1 D vs the #1 O. Much has been said about Sherm/Brady, Welker, TE's, Clock management, blah blah blah.

I prefer to bring the scope of the game down to the final 3 minutes, with the winner and loser still undecided.

My recap:
With 3 minutes left in regulation looking at 4th and 3 deep in Seattle territory, Pete elects to trust his defense and punt the ball away. Highly risky, but the best call.

The #1 O in the NFL really needed just 1 First Down to close out the game. 1 lousy First down. Our D hadn't forced one 3 and out yet and New England was known for only having (3) 3 and outs so far this season.

We all know New England failed to get the 1st down, the 1st 3 and out of the game for us.

We score, kick it off again, and then New England went 4 and out, turning the ball over on downs.

Back to back, no 1st down allowed. Victory fair and square to Seattle as when it was money time, we rose to the top as our opponent was unable to move the ball.

Let no one disrespect this win. The Seahawks are for real and I predict a Seattle victory Thursday.
While we are in a quest for the truth?, Tommy, CHOKED.
He was flagged for intentional grounding, he was doing a Tarvarus Jackson imitatation by throwing the ball into the ground right in front of his Receivers at the time when great Quarterbacks are suppose to be able to force Defenses to respect his come from behind expertise.....He CHOKED :17:

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
We are winning games in the fourth quarter, as opposed to fumbling them away like we did last year.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This is what I think happened.

I think that Brady got away with a few picks that our DB's dropped. Two of which were for scores. That the game could have been a bigger win very easily.

I also think Brady got tired, along with the rest of the NE offense. That they wanted to run it at a faster pace, but the Seahawks D outlasted them and it showed on Brady's throws. From the stands you could see they were tired.

PC said earlier in the week, that the Hawks were ready to play that kind of game. That wasn't just talk. Look at these guys, they are all young and the few that aren't are in exceptional shape and their conditioning must be crazy.

Our defense looks line an advertisement for performance enhancing drugs tested out on a track team except for Red, Branch and Mebane who are unique in their own way. I think the defense outlasted them in the end at it showed. That game could have easily been over in the 3rd if a few picks weren't dropped (wet ball)

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Smith was awful Sunday, he looked like Singletary-Alex Smith. Amazing what a pass rush can do to a composed QB.

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":20v1qadm said:
This is what I think happened.

I think that Brady got away with a few picks that our DB's dropped. Two of which were for scores. That the game could have been a bigger win very easily.

I also think Brady got tired, along with the rest of the NE offense. That they wanted to run it at a faster pace, but the Seahawks D outlasted them and it showed on Brady's throws. From the stands you could see they were tired.

PC said earlier in the week, that the Hawks were ready to play that kind of game. That wasn't just talk. Look at these guys, they are all young and the few that aren't are in exceptional shape and their conditioning must be crazy.

Our defense looks line an advertisement for performance enhancing drugs tested out on a track team except for Red, Branch and Mebane who are unique in their own way. I think the defense outlasted them in the end at it showed. That game could have easily been over in the 3rd if a few picks weren't dropped (wet ball)

I agree with your observation.
We wore them out and beat the crap out of them.

Gifted1

Reaction score
Whoever plays us will automatically have an 'off' day :th2thumbs:

BigMeach

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1j38q1k6 said:

My recap:

I actually thought you were going a different way with this, which made me think of something I hadn't before.

This was #1 D vs. #1 O and when it came down to the wire our coach trusted our D by punting it , but on 4th down when they were still up by 6 they elected to punt it. Obviously this is the usual and most likely correct call, but they are the #1 O.

Food for thought.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":272tsmdi said:
Smith will probably have the next off day. No big deal.
I hope so, I even think so. But this is a road game so my Missouri show me tendencies are full on this week .....:)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Well, Y'all have been looking for a name for this D. How about the 'off-day' defense. So far we've made 4 high-powered offenses come up with excuses for their poor performances.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
"Off Day?"

Sure, whatever floats your boat. One of these days perhaps you may in fact acknowledge the ability to hang around causes many opportunities to cause opponents to have an off day.

Perhaps even at the end of the year look at the number of off days for the opponents compared to those experienced by the Seahawks.

Maybe then you might ask yourself, is this team improved? Maybe even at that time acknowledging they actually won a few games.

Reaction score
I get so tired of our wins against good teams being acknowledged as losses to the other team instead. Pisses me off. Hopefully when us winning becomes expected, that will shift.

Wow, I think BigMeach is my lost twin.

Bigmeach

Me (left, back row, with my wife in front of me)

Wedding

Weird eh?

Latest posts