If Gus Bradley keeps this up...

Do you see Gus Bradley getting a Head Coaching gig somewhere?

• No

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 61.8%

• Total voters

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Do you see him getting a Head Coaching gig somewhere?

Crazy contrast considering just a couple years ago, many fans (myself included) wanted to see him kicked out of the state of Washington.

nsport

Reaction score
Jeez - great question. He will definitely ride the wave. Assistants sometime do ok after the promotion. I would bet that HC is on his to-do list!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
His name will be mentioned this offseason. Not sure if he will actually land a gig somewhere, but his name will be in conversations.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
I don't see how he is NOT offered at least 3 jobs this offseason. If he wants to crate a dynasty, emphasis on the nasty, he will remain here. If his desire is to be HC, he might strike while the iron is hot.

I don't know if he would be all that successful without PC's mentality, he wasn't anything special until Pete got here. If he recognizes that fact, he will most likely leave before the GM's all figure that out. In that case we will be just fine, b. the next DC will fit in just the same.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Will he get a head coaching job? Possibly, but will he perform well as a head coach? I'm not so sure. His improved skills have coincided with the arrival of a defensive boss and some pro bowl talent. How much is Bradley and how much is Carroll....even if it's all Carroll, how much has Bradley learned from this experience? All valid questions from an outsiders perspective. Personally, I like how him and Pete seem to be on the same page and it's working, so I hope he just stays put.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
As an X's and O's guy for a defensive minded team, I can see him getting a look. However, one has to think his lack of experience with offenses and (probably) scouting is going to make it a harder sell. And that's if he wants to be an HC which isn't a guarantee, either. He's got a pretty good thing going here.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
kidhawk":3cl1u2e2 said:
Will he get a head coaching job? Possibly, but will he perform well as a head coach? I'm not so sure. His improved skills have coincided with the arrival of a defensive boss and some pro bowl talent. How much is Bradley and how much is Carroll....even if it's all Carroll, how much has Bradley learned from this experience? All valid questions from an outsiders perspective. Personally, I like how him and Pete seem to be on the same page and it's working, so I hope he just stays put.

that

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think it's pretty likely he'll get a couple of offers down the road, but not this offseason. I think teams might have cooled off on hiring the "wonderboy" coordinator after the Josh McDaniels and Tod Haley fiascos. But Gus seems to have the right personality for a HC gig. he's clearly football smart and seems to be plenty charismatic. It's just a matter of whether or not he would be the "Pete Carroll pre-USC" kind of coach, or "Pete Carroll Post-USC". Because those are very different things.

But I wish him luck no matter where he goes. He's a good dude and I'm happy to have him now.

chris98251

Reaction score
You giving him credit or is it really Pete, I see Pete talking with players on the bench and coaching them up during games all the time. I still think Pete controls the defense.

Smoke

Reaction score
If Gus left today, Ken Norton Jr would be our DC tomorrow...I would be fine with that.

I am not taking anything away from Gus Bradly, but this D feel like PC's all the way. Gus was a Kiffen disciple, who kinda ran a tampa 2 when Mora was here.

His success has came after we started running the Hybrid 4-3 under here, and got the personnel to run it, to which I give Pete all the credit.

Also, Gus Bradley's play calls on Sunday were killing me. Not manning up Gronk and putting someone on Welker on every 3rd down was making me livid.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Theres just something awesome about the fact that when Pete came with whole new group of management he liked Bradley so much that he chose to keep him around, despite the fact he didnt know him before. Hes a frickin survivor

sutz

Reaction score
Yes, but I would think it would be down the road a bit.

He is still quite young IIRC.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I've never seen anything from him, or in him, that says to me he's a future head coach. But I suppose if we continue having a great defense somebody will give him a shot and i'll wish him luck.

CANHawk

Reaction score
sutz":rqcgga8r said:

I thought so as well, but he's actually in his late 40's. 47 IIRC and been coaching for 20 years. He's been around long enough.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I could see him getting a head coaching job at a mid-major at some point soon. That's about it. I don't expect an NFL team to come calling. The NFL still has the usual round of re-treads and up and coming college coaches to try to steal first.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
sutz":x054i9xn said:

Yep, he still needs to build a body of evidence. I'm counting on that to keep him around.