First Qtr scramble and passing

Ruminator

Reaction score
I thought Wilson's crazy scramble in the first quarter with about 3 minutes remaining (see below, scramble starts at about 0:28) was absolutely awe-inspiring -- a demonstration of guts, intelligence, and sheer determination. His quick and instinctive defender-eluding spin during the scramble was huge because it got us a first down (plus an additional five yards). So in my view, that scramble emphatically underscored RW as a complete package and as a legitimate NFL QB who absolutely has to be a starter for years to come. To my recollection, no other Seahawk QB has ever managed a scramble quite like that; only Dave Krieg and Jim Zorn come close.

I also thought Wilson threw some of his most beautiful passes in the first quarter, despite everyone talking about those to Tate, Edwards, and Rice in the fourth. I never tire of watching the first quarter Wilson-to-Baldwin completions, including the TD catch.

[youtube]n7AAMaDAT4E[/youtube]

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
The best part of the scramble was Okung mauling two Pats and then Carp getting out in front of Wilson to try and provide some protection. The OL is learning the QB tendencies and it is starting to show. With more familiarity between all the guys on O things like this will become more and more common...

The Radish

Reaction score
I still don't see Edwards pushing off on the TD catch no matter what asshole Pieria says.

:141847_bnono:

OceanRaptor

Reaction score
The Radish":rs1vs0ot said:
I still don't see Edwards pushing off on the TD catch no matter what asshole Pieria says.

Yeah, looks to me like the DB just got turned around and his momentum carried him off balance. If anything, I'd say Edwards used his hand to guide the defender in the direction his momentum was already carrying him by shielding him from the ball, but certainly no push, and I'm not sure I want to watch an NFL where that's pass interference. Good call by the refs.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The Radish":1wpa2sfe said:

Perriera still thinks Super Bowl XL* was called fairly, so it's not like the guy's objective about Seattle.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
It was a great scramble. However, I'm not sure that it proves he's starter material for years to come. The overall game, passes, clock management, pocket presence, leadership, scrambles, and converting red-zone opportunities.....those are what will indicate he's the man for the long haul. So far, he adds a little more to his completeness each game.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2olbqkac said:
It was a great scramble. However, I'm not sure that it proves he's starter material for years to come. The overall game, passes, clock management, pocket presence, leadership, scrambles, and converting red-zone opportunities.....those are what will indicate he's the man for the long haul. So far, he adds a little more to his completeness each game.

Your right Jazz but having the ability to scramble is a nice thing to have in your pocket when you need it. To me it's a weapon just are much as RBs and WRs. Teams have to account for it which means your other weapons can be more effective. Guys like Manning make up for not having the ability to scramble to a degree with a quick but that does not have the same effect as having to dedicate players to cover a possible scramble. But of course this is just my opinion and I have been wrong before, just ask the wife.

CANHawk

Reaction score
My favorite thing about that run was how he avoided the tackle. Yes, it was good that he simply broke the tackle, but he managed to do it in such a way that he protected himself from taking an unnecessary thumping in the process. He didn't lead with his face like Bob Griffen seems to like doing.

I love how he has thus far been able to avoid taking damage. He's not a running back nor is he our primary running threat and he knows that. He takes what he can get on the ground and shuts it down before he gets broken. Smart kid.