Have the Hawks been gameplanning the Patriots all year?

Kamcussion

Reaction score
I realize this is far fetched.. I was reading an article about how Russell Wilson's long tosses have gone from these high arching lazy passes that had me genuinely worried, to these lasers that are able to split defenders 50 yards away..

Yes, it got me thinking either Russell Wilson forgot how to be a QB for a little bit, or maybe Pete had this game circled and took his QB aside and said, "I know you can do these things, but on some plays just mess it up."

Then I start thinking about the game before the Patriots game.. Pete Carroll actually acknowledges that it is an open competition? Seems incredibly shady, I have never seen Pete cast any doubt on any player in the organization.

Maybe this whole thing is set up to just game plan against the Patriots.. It probably isn't.. It just seems that everything clicked on the biggest game of the year for the Hawks. Maybe it is the conspiracy nut in me.. But Russell has been throwing a prettier deep ball ever since he stepped onto the field with the Patriots.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Wilson has always had a nice deep ball. Did you miss the toss to Tate vs Carolina that was called back because of holding? He's had at least 1 of those called back in almost every game...

OP
OP
K

Kamcussion

Reaction score
Like I said friendo.. Far fetched.. And no, his deep ball in the beginning of the year was horrible.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Actually, the short leash that Pete had him on was jerking his head backwards on passing plays, causing those high arching lazy passes that you detest.

He just couldn't follow through properly. Thankfully, that problem is now fixed.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Here's an analogy that you may understand.

Imagine a dog that's about to piss on a fire hydrant.. he raises his leg to piss but his owner has him on a short leash and he applies pressure just about the time the dog's stream starts... causing the stream to cascade into a high arching, almost lazy spray over the top of the hydrant.

It's pretty much the same thing in football.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
It really felt to me that Wilson was still acclimating to the NFL and did not know his WR's yet so he was floating those long balls high worried about getting picked off. As he seemed to get more comfortable and gain confidence as the season progressed his passes kept getting better.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If there was any reason to specifically game plan the Patriots because of a rivalry or because it was a divisional game, I might be willing to listen. But since neither of those two apply, it would be pretty silly to look to week 6 when the games before are much more important in terms of playoff implications. (Divisional and conference records).

Latest posts