The most important thing Richard Sherman said

Seeker

Reaction score
Jerry Brewer of the Seattle Times quoted Richard Sherman in talking about the offense taking the charge

But the offense, which produced a season-high 368 yards, led the rally. Braylon Edwards resurfaced and caught a 10-yard touchdown pass on a fade route to trim the deficit to 23-17 with 7:21 remaining. The Seahawks forced a punt, but then had to punt themselves with 3:14 left. Carroll made the risky decision to give it back to the Patriots and trust his defense. It worked. The defense held before Wilson's game-winning pass to Rice.

"We had no doubt," Sherman said. "We trust our offense."

I think this team grew yesterday on levels we may not have imagined.

Red Bryant nearly gave Russell Wilson a hug after that game winning touchdown. Sherman, the guy who could be pointed to for possibly "putting it out there" with any frustrations between the O and the D is now the guy who has "trust" in the kid and I love it. I think Brewers right, this is now a complete team.

what do you guys think?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rebuild over.
Not quite. Wilson needed the space afforded by bad defenses to work on his timing and chemistry, but these last two victories did happen against awful pass defenses. He might revert a bit vs SF (#6 pass defense per DVOA).

I think we'll need some time (and some more reloading on offense) to finish becoming a consistent offense that will play together for years. But we're definitely getting there. Rice, Miller, and Baldwin will be part of it.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3l6g8j0y said:
Not quite. Wilson needed the space afforded by bad defenses to work on his timing and chemistry, but these last two victories did happen against awful pass defenses. I think we'll need some time (and some more reloading on offense) to finish becoming a consistent offense. But we're definitely getting there.

Their run defense was stellar though. They made us pretty one dimensional. It's not like we gashed them for 5 yards per clip 5 times in a row, then Wilson hucked it deep. More like we ran the ball for 2, and then Wilson threw deep despite a whole bunch of pressure.

Lithium

Reaction score
VaporHawk":1nw0tal8 said:
...until the next loss?

yup, IF we lose next week, "start flynn?" "season over" "back to last place in division" "Is the defense really that good?"
"Our WR's cant get open" "NO PASS RUSH!!!" "how long do we give carroll?"

VHawk

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":1ir2jsvj said:
VaporHawk":1ir2jsvj said:
...until the next loss?

yup, IF we lose next week, "start flynn?" "season over" "back to last place in division" "Is the defense really that good?"
"Our WR's cant get open" "NO PASS RUSH!!!" "how long do we give carroll?"

Only the weakest of fans with no perspective will spout such drivel.

Brockhawk

Reaction score
Thursday we play the #1 ranked defense. It is SF now right? Time for the offense to shred the 49rs D and put ours back on top where it belongs! Synergy baby. It's building in Seattle. Go Hawks!

nategreat

Reaction score
Seeker":21yravao said:
Jerry Brewer of the Seattle Times quoted Richard Sherman in talking about the offense taking the charge

But the offense, which produced a season-high 368 yards, led the rally. Braylon Edwards resurfaced and caught a 10-yard touchdown pass on a fade route to trim the deficit to 23-17 with 7:21 remaining. The Seahawks forced a punt, but then had to punt themselves with 3:14 left. Carroll made the risky decision to give it back to the Patriots and trust his defense. It worked. The defense held before Wilson's game-winning pass to Rice.

Red Bryant nearly gave Russell Wilson a hug after that game winning touchdown. Sherman, the guy who could be pointed to for possibly "putting it out there" with any frustrations between the O and the D is now the guy who has "trust" in the kid and I love it. I think Brewers right, this is now a complete team.

what do you guys think?

What is this about "putting it out there" by Sherm regarding frustrations with the offense? Am I missing something? I don't recall anything he has said that points to him being frustrated with the offense. When was this?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
nategreat":39mtq9yo said:
Seeker":39mtq9yo said:

what do you guys think?

What is this about "putting it out there" by Sherm regarding frustrations with the offense? Am I missing something? I don't recall anything he has said that points to him being frustrated with the offense. When was this?
Neither have I. Maybe he's referring to his outspoken nature and if anyone would speak out about the offensive woes, it would be Sherm. I don't see it. Sherms always talking about "US" and he clearly is a great team mate and intelligent.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Message boards were created to be inhabited by the "self delusional". We just happen to have more than our share. There are some personalities that simply cannot tolerate "success"....because it is "too subjective".

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
nategreat":2ubdoab9 said:

i believe it was during week 4 against the rams sherman made a comment post interview saying the defense only gave up 6 points and did everything they needed but the offense needed to step it up. some people said he was throwing them under the bus but he was just "puting it out there"