The most important thing Richard Sherman said

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Jerry Brewer of the Seattle Times quoted Richard Sherman in talking about the offense taking the charge

But the offense, which produced a season-high 368 yards, led the rally. Braylon Edwards resurfaced and caught a 10-yard touchdown pass on a fade route to trim the deficit to 23-17 with 7:21 remaining. The Seahawks forced a punt, but then had to punt themselves with 3:14 left. Carroll made the risky decision to give it back to the Patriots and trust his defense. It worked. The defense held before Wilson's game-winning pass to Rice.

"We had no doubt," Sherman said. "We trust our offense."

I think this team grew yesterday on levels we may not have imagined.

Red Bryant nearly gave Russell Wilson a hug after that game winning touchdown. Sherman, the guy who could be pointed to for possibly "putting it out there" with any frustrations between the O and the D is now the guy who has "trust" in the kid and I love it. I think Brewers right, this is now a complete team.

what do you guys think?
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• Rebuild over.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• ...until the next loss?
    Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
    VaporHawk
    NET Veteran

Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• 12th_Bob wrote:Rebuild over.

Yep, close the lid.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• Rebuild over.

Not quite. Wilson needed the space afforded by bad defenses to work on his timing and chemistry, but these last two victories did happen against awful pass defenses. He might revert a bit vs SF (#6 pass defense per DVOA).

I think we'll need some time (and some more reloading on offense) to finish becoming a consistent offense that will play together for years. But we're definitely getting there. Rice, Miller, and Baldwin will be part of it.
    Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Not quite. Wilson needed the space afforded by bad defenses to work on his timing and chemistry, but these last two victories did happen against awful pass defenses. I think we'll need some time (and some more reloading on offense) to finish becoming a consistent offense. But we're definitely getting there.

Their run defense was stellar though. They made us pretty one dimensional. It's not like we gashed them for 5 yards per clip 5 times in a row, then Wilson hucked it deep. More like we ran the ball for 2, and then Wilson threw deep despite a whole bunch of pressure.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• VaporHawk wrote:...until the next loss?

yup, IF we lose next week, "start flynn?" "season over" "back to last place in division" "Is the defense really that good?"
    "Our WR's cant get open" "NO PASS RUSH!!!" "how long do we give carroll?"
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

• GoldenIsThyTate wrote:
    VaporHawk wrote:...until the next loss?

yup, IF we lose next week, "start flynn?" "season over" "back to last place in division" "Is the defense really that good?"
    "Our WR's cant get open" "NO PASS RUSH!!!" "how long do we give carroll?"

Only the weakest of fans with no perspective will spout such drivel.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• Thursday we play the #1 ranked defense. It is SF now right? Time for the offense to shred the 49rs D and put ours back on top where it belongs! Synergy baby. It's building in Seattle. Go Hawks!
    Brockhawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Seeker wrote:Jerry Brewer of the Seattle Times quoted Richard Sherman in talking about the offense taking the charge

But the offense, which produced a season-high 368 yards, led the rally. Braylon Edwards resurfaced and caught a 10-yard touchdown pass on a fade route to trim the deficit to 23-17 with 7:21 remaining. The Seahawks forced a punt, but then had to punt themselves with 3:14 left. Carroll made the risky decision to give it back to the Patriots and trust his defense. It worked. The defense held before Wilson's game-winning pass to Rice.

Red Bryant nearly gave Russell Wilson a hug after that game winning touchdown. Sherman, the guy who could be pointed to for possibly "putting it out there" with any frustrations between the O and the D is now the guy who has "trust" in the kid and I love it. I think Brewers right, this is now a complete team.

what do you guys think?

What is this about "putting it out there" by Sherm regarding frustrations with the offense? Am I missing something? I don't recall anything he has said that points to him being frustrated with the offense. When was this?
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• nategreat wrote:
    Seeker wrote:Jerry Brewer of the Seattle Times quoted Richard Sherman in talking about the offense taking the charge

what do you guys think?

What is this about "putting it out there" by Sherm regarding frustrations with the offense? Am I missing something? I don't recall anything he has said that points to him being frustrated with the offense. When was this?

Neither have I. Maybe he's referring to his outspoken nature and if anyone would speak out about the offensive woes, it would be Sherm. I don't see it. Sherms always talking about "US" and he clearly is a great team mate and intelligent.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• VaporHawk wrote:...until the next loss?

Ding ding ding ding

:179422:
    My Tapatalk for Ipad is bigger than yours. Size matters.
    MeanBlueGreen
    NET Veteran

• Message boards were created to be inhabited by the "self delusional". We just happen to have more than our share. There are some personalities that simply cannot tolerate "success"....because it is "too subjective".
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• nategreat wrote: What is this about "putting it out there" by Sherm regarding frustrations with the offense? Am I missing something? I don't recall anything he has said that points to him being frustrated with the offense. When was this?

i believe it was during week 4 against the rams sherman made a comment post interview saying the defense only gave up 6 points and did everything they needed but the offense needed to step it up. some people said he was throwing them under the bus but he was just "puting it out there"
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information