A shout out to Braylon Edwards

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's still a fantastic mystery to me as to why he disappeared until yesterday, especially how much they were connecting in the preseason.

Nobody that I have heard, whether it's fellow NET members, media, players or coaches has been able to explain it.

Here's to more of him moving forward.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Aros":ue0sb181 said:
It's still a fantastic mystery to me as to why he disappeared until yesterday, especially how much they were connecting in the preseason.

Nobody that I have heard, whether it's fellow NET members, media, players or coaches has been able to explain it.

He had a few catches last week...but he's basically our 5th WR (behind Rice, Tate, Baldwin, and Obo)....although I think he should be ahead of Obo. The edge Obo has is he can play the slot, whereas Edwards is more of a pure split end.

legend38

Reaction score
Hopefully the clutch catch gets the old guy going,so to speak.I think he still has some left in the tank.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
Aros said:

Here's to more of him moving forward.[/quote
i am pretty sure the coaching staff was not happy about him dropping that td in Arizona

The Radish

Reaction score
I've heard the rumor repeated here now and then that he tended to drop catches in crunch time.

Have no ideer if that's true.

:les:

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":afwy2ooc said:
Aros":afwy2ooc said:

He had a few catches last week...but he's basically our 5th WR (behind Rice, Tate, Baldwin, and Obo)....although I think he should be ahead of Obo. The edge Obo has is he can play the slot, whereas Edwards is more of a pure split end.

I agree that Braylon should be ahead of Obomanu. Obo may be able to play slot but he is not doing anything from that spot either.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":21pipj65 said:

The beat writers have been saying that Edwards has been in Carroll's dog house since the beginning of the season. Why or what that means is the mystery.

My guess is Carroll and Bevell need to see Edwards work harder, especially when he has one on one coverage. There's no reason a big strong receiver like him shouldn't beat man coverage MOST of the time.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Obo is worthless, He's done nothing for us this year. Martin is next to worthless, though he's had a few good catches. It's important that Edwards can be that 4th decent WR.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2q4nak49 said:
CANHawk":2q4nak49 said:
Seeker":2q4nak49 said:
Canhawk, are you a girl?

Nope. Just super gay for Braylon Edwards.

Hehehehehehe :lol:

Really, I just do it to piss off Verndog, who hates both Braylon Edwards and alternative lifestyles. I figured being gay for Braylon Edwards was just pissing off two birds with one stone.

Is he even here anymore, or did he get banished to the land of wind and ghosts with Trauma?

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I wonder if it's a playbook issue - Obomanu, Rice, Tate and Baldwin are all returners.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
We have been primarily a running team the entire year (until Sunday). Obo is the vastly superior blocker. So he's gotten the majority of reps. As we move to more of an air it out team then Edwards will step in and get more reps as we go 4 wide or even 5 wide at times. It's a matter of time, and he'll be nice and fresh for the second half of the year. He'll get his. No worries. He's on the roster and doing his job as the offense builds up and so is Obo.

He was begging the coach on the sideline yesterday for more balls, and you could see coach chuckling and telling him basically he'd get more and Braylon nodding and I could read his lips saying, "I know, I know" and laughing. It's gonna happen.