Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: San fran opens as 7 point favs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:07 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2447
FidelisHawk wrote:
The only thing I know for sure is the odds are never in your favor when you walk into a casino


No they're not, but Vegas odds are extremely accurate as far as predicting final scores.

So I'm not sure why everyone's all butthurt over a 7 pt spread, we're going on the road (where we don't play well), on a short week, after a big emotional home win, to play a very good team, a team most experts picked to represent the NFC in the Superbowl.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: San fran opens as 7 point favs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:57 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:39 pm
Posts: 551
nsport wrote:
I am so floored at the naivety of Mr Jewhawk. Your article says precisely what I'm saying but you refuse to support it. I swear I'm talking to the lookalike Jim Harbaugh from the other thread.

This is what you said earlier:
nsport wrote:
Fact (I think we agree on): Money moves the lines.
Fact: "Sharp" money is the same as "amateur" money

And this is what the article I posted says:
Quote:
Virgin lines are moved exclusively because of money. But it's not necessarily the amount of money wagered that determines when and how much a line is moved. Many bookmakers respect the opinions of various sharp players. A $1000 bet from one of these fellows (and, yes, they are almost exclusively men) can move a line before a $10,000 bet from a less respected individual.

Much of what you've said is partially correct. I have only responded to the parts where I believe you're wrong.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: San fran opens as 7 point favs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:12 am 
* NET Sports Handicapper *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:13 am
Posts: 1407
jewhawk wrote:
nsport wrote:
I am so floored at the naivety of Mr Jewhawk. Your article says precisely what I'm saying but you refuse to support it. I swear I'm talking to the lookalike Jim Harbaugh from the other thread.

This is what you said earlier:
nsport wrote:
Fact (I think we agree on): Money moves the lines.
Fact: "Sharp" money is the same as "amateur" money

And this is what the article I posted says:
Quote:
Virgin lines are moved exclusively because of money. But it's not necessarily the amount of money wagered that determines when and how much a line is moved. Many bookmakers respect the opinions of various sharp players. A $1000 bet from one of these fellows (and, yes, they are almost exclusively men) can move a line before a $10,000 bet from a less respected individual.

Much of what you've said is partially correct. I have only responded to the parts where I believe you're wrong.


Here's the problem with your article: they are selling a service that supports that point of view. They want the money of the reader who wants to be an informed bettor. You just conveniently use the very biased article to make a very minor point.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: San fran opens as 7 point favs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:23 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:39 pm
Posts: 551
nsport wrote:
Your article says precisely what I'm saying but you refuse to support it.

nsport wrote:
Here's the problem with your article: they are selling a service that supports that point of view. They want the money of the reader who wants to be an informed bettor. You just conveniently use the very biased article to make a very minor point.

:34853_doh:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: San fran opens as 7 point favs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:29 am 
* NET Sports Handicapper *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:13 am
Posts: 1407
jewhawk wrote:
nsport wrote:
Your article says precisely what I'm saying but you refuse to support it.

nsport wrote:
Here's the problem with your article: they are selling a service that supports that point of view. They want the money of the reader who wants to be an informed bettor. You just conveniently use the very biased article to make a very minor point.

:34853_doh:


Totally agreed. I am going for a long walk off a short pier. I welcome you to join me. Your incessant baiting and twisting is exhausting. How you misinterpret those two paragraphs I will never know. You know beyond a shadow of a doubt that outside of some phraseology that was accidentally misinterpreted, I am 110% on point. Yet the digs continue. I'm done with you fine sir.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: San fran opens as 7 point favs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:56 pm
Posts: 675
regardless of the gambling debate... Im impressed with jewhawk and nsport's knowledge! lol


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: San fran opens as 7 point favs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:53 pm 
* NET Sports Handicapper *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:13 am
Posts: 1407
Thanks - and props to Jewhawk for standing ground. Fun to debate in any case. Next time I won't take it personally - I promise! ;)

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: San fran opens as 7 point favs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 1022
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
blue 22 wrote:
regardless of the gambling debate... Im impressed with jewhawk and nsport's knowledge! lol


I agree. Before those two I thought it was all some big conspiracy...one where the big casinos and gambling rings get together with the commish of the NFL/NBA/etc and tell them, "Hey, we'll win $150 million if this spread isn't covered by Seattle. So, you need to get on the phone with your boys in stripes (or grey shirts, whatever the outfit may be) and make it happen."

Suddenly you start seeing drive killing penalty after drive killing penalty on Seattle, while the other team blatantly and egregiously gets away with holding, PIs, etc, etc, until the Seahawks are deflated and demoralized. Nothing seems to work, and if it does, it's taken back over and over through out the game. The end result is applauded—there's no repercussion for the officials involved in swaying the game—and everyone goes on their merry way, except the select few up at the top that rake in the aforementioned $$.

But, I'm sure that's never happened...ever... especially, not in a super bowl... right? :stirthepot:

_________________
posted by
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: San fran opens as 7 point favs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:10 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:39 am
Posts: 325
No,no,no;
That’s a conspiracy theory…

It’s really done at “Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurants”…
I’ve seen the video evidence… :twisted:

_________________
"Est autem fides credere quod nondum vides; cuius fidei merces est videre quod credis."
Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
(St. Augustine of Hippo)

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."
(“Ovid”)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: San fran opens as 7 point favs
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:14 pm 
* NET Sports Handicapper *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:13 am
Posts: 1407
FidelisHawk wrote:
No,no,no;
That’s a conspiracy theory…

It’s really done at “Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurants”…
I’ve seen the video evidence… :twisted:


Classic!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.