Patriots Quotes

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
“They played better than we did, so congratulations to the Seahawks, Pete (Carroll) -- they did a good job. They outplayed us today, outcoached us. They were better than we were.” - Bill Belichick

Asked if the elements had anything to do with the Patriots [team stats]’ woes, Brady replied, “The opponent was the Seahawks. It wasn’t the crowd or the weather or the refs. It was the Seahawks, and we lost to a good football team.”

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Belichick is nothing if not classy, so long as he's not cheating. It's got to be hard losing one that way, but them's the breaks. He is right about getting outcoached. Our entire gameplan was to slow their team down and take away the deep and intermediate stuff, abandoning their running game, hoping to make them kick FGs in the redzone (a page from the 2004-2008 Seahawks playbook, with better personnel), relying on turnovers and nickel-n-dime defensive play to keep the score within manageable striking distance, while letting our rookie QB with his rocket arm burn them on deep passes, knowing the short stuff would not be there for us.

Great, great game.

seanoob

Reaction score
Never liked the pats (or red sox or the celtics), but have enjoyed my few trips to Boston. Nice city. Folks I've hung out with there are decent people. I take offense to only one comment - "The crowd had NO effect?" PUH LEASE.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I don't have them readily at my disposal, but I thought I read Branch dissing us a bit. Basically implying this was more about the Pats losing and not the Hawks winning. He also felt he was victimized on several PIs that went uncalled. I have no problem with that, he knows better than I, but I saw just the Browner incident, that prevented them from getting a 1st down. That thankfully was not called and I can't figure out why. I mean we're the Seahawks and they're the great Patriots. I held my breath, along with Browner, waiting for that flag...that woulda' been deadly to us, but it never came. I'm sure Roger is writing a letter of apology to Bill and Tom as I type.

LengthMustBe

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3b550ojx said:
Belichick is nothing if not classy, so long as he's not cheating. It's got to be hard losing one that way, but them's the breaks. He is right about getting outcoached. Our entire gameplan was to slow their team down and take away the deep and intermediate stuff, abandoning their running game, hoping to make them kick FGs in the redzone (a page from the 2004-2008 Seahawks playbook, with better personnel), relying on turnovers and nickel-n-dime defensive play to keep the score within manageable striking distance, while letting our rookie QB with his rocket arm burn them on deep passes, knowing the short stuff would not be there for us.

Great, great game.

Are you referring to the (alleged?) taping of opponent's signals, the (sometimes) preferential treatment from the refs, or none of the above?

The Radish

Reaction score
No he was referring to the actual filming of other teams signals documented via the NFL.

Were there other times you know of that haven't been seen yet?

:141847_bnono:

hawkfan333

Reaction score
i have met a lot of nice people from boston but you are for the most part always gonna hear the douche bags lol