Undisciplined

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
After the first three games, we were seeing a very undisciplined team that was tops in the league in penalties. It was costing us big - yards, scores, games.

The last three games, we've committed FIVE, SEVEN, and FOUR penalties, much better than the start of the year. "Undisciplined play comes with young teams" has been the excuse. Looks like that may be something else we're getting under control.

And that's a great thing.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Effect of undisciplined play or replacement officials throwing flags like it was Super Bowl XL for all?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
There was a definite improvement yesterday in this regard. It's not the quantity of the penalties, it's the type of penalties and when they are occurring. Had they played like they did against the Panthers (penalties, etc) or the Rams they would have lost yesterday. They didn't make penalties that killed themselves yesterday and that is good to see. Shows they are taking this seriously.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Nice to see tangible improvement. So sick of seeing nice gains being called back on boneheaded mistakes.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The Huskies play without discipline as well. Perhaps it's a Southern Cal sorta thing. J/K.
I was very pleased with us in this dept yesterday. Even Breno kept it together and I saw nothing cheap or even un-disciplined (on the field). This tells me this young team is very coachable. Sherman might be pushing the envelope a bit but I think we need some of that brand of exposure right now. All good as long as you're walkin the walk. We are doing that.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
It has been said a hundred times already this year. The only ones beating the Seahawks are the Seahawks. Once they rein in the penalties, drops and turnovers this team will be a dynasty! As it stands they are still pretty damn good!