Not to be a wet blanket, but.....

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Wilson executed almost perfectly in this game, and by that I mean there was a game plan for Wilson to follow, as Pete and all the other Coaches had studied the weaknesses in the Patriots Defense, and gave Wilson the heads up on how to exploit those weaknesses ,and he did it almost perfectly.
Every team has some weak areas and that should be the focus, because the deep passes will not work against every opponent.
That's why Belichek said that he'd been outcoached in this game.
I know that Pete & Co. have probably been studying the next team we face looking for any chink in their armor.
I promise you that Pete has more than likely told his players to bask in this win for that good feeling you just earned, but the next game (4 days later) has to be their focus and they need to get prepared.
You can bet that the 9rs are going to throw everything they have at the Seahawks, so's to NOT lose at home against a Division rival, and this is going to be a tough game for BOTH teams.

Basis4day

Reaction score
They'll be ready. As a fan i wish we did have a bit longer to revel in this win.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
How's that a wet blanket...pretty straightforward and mostly accurate. Every game this year we are facing a tough opponent. no let downs on this schedule, so they need to double down and be ready. I guarantee the coaching staff is already on it.

12thMan1

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3duek36m said:
Wilson executed almost perfectly in this game, and by that I mean there was a game plan for Wilson to follow, as Pete and all the other Coaches had studied the weaknesses in the Patriots Defense, and gave Wilson the heads up on how to exploit those weaknesses ,and he did it almost perfectly.
Every team has some weak areas and that should be the focus, because the deep passes will not work against every opponent.
That's why Belichek said that he'd been outcoached in this game.
I know that Pete & Co. have probably been studying the next team we face looking for any chink in their armor.
I promise you that Pete has more than likely told his players to bask in this win for that good feeling you just earned, but the next game (4 days later) has to be their focus and they need to get prepared.
You can bet that the 9rs are going to throw everything they have at the Seahawks, so's to NOT lose at home against a Division rival, and this is going to be a tough game for BOTH teams.

How is this being a wet blanket?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":35zp3lhh said:
How's that a wet blanket...pretty straightforward and mostly accurate. Every game this year we are facing a tough opponent. no let downs on this schedule, so they need to double down and be ready. I guarantee the coaching staff is already on it.
I am with you in your confusion about this being a wet blanket.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Trust me dude, while us fans may still be doing some strutting around and patting each other on the back, the Seahawks are at work today. Aside from some film study, the Pats game is already ancient history and the 9'ers are all that matters.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Thursday night's game is gonna be a straight up brawl......which bodes well for our defense because they're young, which means they should recover a little quicker in time for a short week game.

The downside is the fact that the 49'ers got embarrassed yesterday, so Harbaugh is going to have his players pissed off and ready to play.

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3m9kim5h said:
Jazzhawk":3m9kim5h said:
I am with you in your confusion about this being a wet blanket.
We are all overjoyed with Wilsons breakout game, I'm refering to the Wet blanket because we all saw Wilson put up some great numbers in the Pats game, BUT if he plays the same way against a better secondary, he stands a good chance of getting picked off.
This upcoming game has to be planned and played tactically different, can't get in a rut, we have to show their Defense something different.
We only beat the Pats by 1 point.
Hey, I want to, and will bask in this win, but I'm not counting on the next game to be a gim'me against a PO'd 49rs in their back yard.

Maybe I should have said I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but...

HawkWow

Reaction score
There is absolutely no love between PC and Harbaugh. Cetainly PC wanted to beat Kraft's team yesterday...and his replacement Mr. Bill, but I have to think Pete wants to beat Harbaugh worse than any other coach on the planet...and vice versa. Both teams are aware of this and both want to reward their respective coaches. I doubt it's coincidence that this is a featured game catering to a national audience.

Let's get it on!

Tubafor

Reaction score
I don't think he gets picked off if he plays the same. I don't recall him forcing a lot of passes into tough coverage, more so just took shots that were there. I doubt you'll see so many long shots against the niners given their pass rush and coverage. Hopefully Lynch gets more this Thursday and we have a plan for movement and quick shots.

edogg23

Reaction score
Translation... We can't expect Russell to be able to air it out against the 49ers like he did against the Patriots because there is a night and day difference in secondary talant between the two teams. We will probably have to have a different game plan for Russell to attack.

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":20l28tmb said:
I couldn't find the video with just the part I wanted so you;; have to go to the 24 second mark of this video. Positive waves baby!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... dGmQ#t=24s

Go Hawks!
Oh I'm extreemely positive, but I can't see, that if we don't throw something different at the 9rs than what they've undoubtedly have been seeing on game film, they will figgure out a way to counter our Offense, cuz that's what good teams do

The Seahawks have already lost to two NFC WEST rivals on close games this Season, and how many last Season?,,Look, all I'm saying is, that the Seahawks need to catch them flat footed on a few key plays that they haven't seen before, and nothing like an onside kick if you get my drift.
Does the Seahawks have the players that can beat the 9rs?, hell yeah!, but beings we can't fill the stands with the 12th man, we need to take advantage any way we can.

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
edogg23":2wgjkzlg said:
Translation... We can't expect Russell to be able to air it out against the 49ers like he did against the Patriots because there is a night and day difference in secondary talent between the two teams. We will probably have to have a different game plan for Russell to attack.

>>>> YES <<<<

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seattle has tons of room to grow, they absolutely did not execute the game plan to perfection. 80 yards of offense in quarters 2 and 3 is not executing the gameplan.

You are more of a moist blanket.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
if Lynch can run for a 100 yds we stand a good chance,...if the 49ers stop our run game,..I don't expect a favorable outcome,...

Latest posts