Another "The Hawks Didn't Win" Article

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I'm not real big on the "We get no respect card" as we got plenty in 2005. Win... you get it. But this article by Tom Curran is a big old pile of dog crap. Especially this line followed by the biggest load I've ever seen in my life. I knew there was a reason I always thought Branch was a d-bag even when he was a Hawk. The guy is de-f-ing-lusional.

Quote:

This was the Patriots. Screwing up.

"They didn't do nothing," said Deion Branch. "Everything, all the mistakes made on the field were by us. They were self-inflicted mistakes. As the game went on, they really didn't do anything to stop us. The flags, the interceptions, the dropped balls, things of that nature. That's stuff that we control."

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-engla ... eedID=3352

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Well, Branch is right. If he's not 5'9, maybe Sherman doesn't intercept that pass.

Though, in his defense, if he'd tried to cut back for the ball, he would've ripped his ACL into three pieces.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2ni2u50y said:
"They didn't do nothing," said Deion Branch. "Everything, all the mistakes made on the field were by us. They were self-inflicted mistakes. As the game went on, they really didn't do anything to stop us. The flags, the interceptions, the dropped balls, things of that nature. That's stuff that we control."

Self inflicted?

Most of the Pat's offensive mistakes were directly caused by the Hawks D. Both intentional grounding penalties were a result of Brady HAVING to get rid of the ball quickly cause he as about to get his ass sacked. Same goes for the interceptions, rushing the pass due to pressure.

But hey, Deion is great at excuses, God knows we heard plenty of em coming out of his mouth for five years.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
To a degree he is right. A lot of the mistakes the Pats made were self-inflicted, but it takes a good team to capitalize on those mistakes and it may have taken some time to finally do that, but the Hawks did eventually capitalize.

amill87

Reaction score
ehh.

I was pissed after the Green Bay game from the media and players but I just don't care anymore.

Let the media talk. Let the Patriots talk. All that matters is the W. I'm ready for the Niners.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Earlier this morning, I tweeted this:

"Hawks didn't win, Pats lost" Now is not the time for us to gloat. Oh wait, yes it is! Buncha idjits.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Not true about if Branch was taller. Sherman had perfect inside coverage, in fact, he ran the route better than Branch. Bottom lin is, if they made all those mistakes, then the Seahawks were definitely the better team, because good teams don't make those kind of mistakes.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
They had 6 penalties, we had 4. They had 2 turnovers as we did. They made mistakes, we had plenty too.

Maybe if they played a perfect game, they would have won, sure I think that's a fair statement, but..... you don't get to play games in a vacuum. The mistakes, the penalties, the turnovers are all influenced by the players across the line of scrimmage, from the hostile environment on the road.

Saying, "they didn't do nothing" isn't exactly true now is it Deion?

I think more of the truth is Deion, "didn't do nothing", Mr. 1 catch for 5 yards. :lol:

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Meh, no big deal for me. If the Seahawks "Didn't do nothing" then I hope to see more of nothing.

JKent82

Reaction score
"The Seahawks D couldn't stop us!"

Except, ya know, the last three drives off the game where you absolutely had to move the ball.

OP
OP
SharkHawk

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Just the whole article bothers me, because it just is written as this whole idea that the Pats shot themselves in the foot. It wasn't that ET had great coverage in front of him and was in perfect position to pick that ball... it was that Brady threw a ball too hard and it went through a guy's hands. It just irritates me the way the guy wrote it. I know his audience eats this stuff up, but give the Hawks at least a LITTLE credit. I guess more than anything it bothers me that Deion Branch of all people is talking that way. HE got his ass handed to him and millions of free dollars for doing nothing but stripping one ball in his years in Seattle (that's the only good thing anybody can come up with). Yet he still is just as delusional as always. The guy is lucky he has a job.

12thMan1

Reaction score
Poor old Branch. We didn't do anything? What about that beautiful TD pass Wilson made to Rice for the win?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
JKent82":2y9jg98x said:

Except, ya know, the last three drives off the game where you absolutely had to move the ball.

Except 83% of the time when we made it into the redzone!

The Radish

Reaction score
12thMan1":31ev4zhz said:
Poor old Branch. We didn't do anything? What about that beautiful TD pass Wilson made to Rice for the win?

He's just remembering how he played for us when he was here.

:141847_bnono:

kf3339

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":z10wjh1o said:
SharkHawk":z10wjh1o said:

Self inflicted?

Most of the Pat's offensive mistakes were directly caused by the Hawks D. Both intentional grounding penalties were a result of Brady HAVING to get rid of the ball quickly cause he as about to get his ass sacked. Same goes for the interceptions, rushing the pass due to pressure.

But hey, Deion is great at excuses, God knows we heard plenty of em coming out of his mouth for five years.

:13:

SirTed

Reaction score
This is just the way that any athlete, especially high level (regardless of what you think of Branch, he plays in the NFL) athletes. If you so chose, a player could look at every turnover, penalty or mistake as self inflicted. Why didn't I throw it a split second earlier? Why didn't I put more touch on that ball? Etc, etc.

No big deal.

mikeak

Reaction score
In my book we earned the two interceptions and we earned another 1-3 int's that were dropped.

In my book Pats earned one fumble (RW) and were given the other fumble and were given the failed punt (which I count as a third turnover) and besides that they were really not close to any more turnovers.

I don't understand how the takeaway is that the issues were self inflicted...........

CANHawk

Reaction score
No, you forgot to read the rest of the title of that article. It's actually "Hawks didn't win with Deion Branch so they traded his dumb ass".

Latest posts