I've watched this about 20 times now but it doesn't get old

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• OK, 40 times now. I can't help it. I'm normally a very kind person, but something about watching Brady's face bounce off the turf gives me warm fuzzy feelings :)
    bluengreen
    NET Veteran

• 41 :)
    hawksmode
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Does anyone seem to get this call as much as Tom Brady? Don't kid yourselves, Pats fans.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd feel like a pussy if the refs were being that overprotective of me. NO ONE gets that called roughing in the NFL...except Brady, maybe Peyton.

And Jordan didn't destroy the game by constantly travelling and not getting it called. Whatever. God weren't those replacement refs awful, except, you know, they weren't.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• This doesn't get old, either.

"I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• Hawken-Dazs wrote:This doesn't get old, either.

Hahaha :lol:

I haven't seen that before. He's just so precious.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• My favorite:

Nothing screams Tom Brady is a huge wuss better than this.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

haha if you watch Clemons and Irvin after the play they walk the same way.
    Hawkaholic
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• he'll get a fine for that, be surprised if he doesn't.
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• It might not have been quite as bad had he not gotten pushed in the back just prior to making the tackle. Where was the flag for that?
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• bluengreen wrote:Tom Brady gets smacked

now that I see it, its not the hit from Jones, but his helmet hitting the turf was what he was what the ref saw and called Clemons for it.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

• I don't get the discussion about how it is not an illegal hit. It is very clearly helmet to helmet regardless of how many links saying otherwise while showing it clearly people post. It was a stupid play, late and helmet to helmet. 15 yard penalty instead of 4th and 2 or something like that
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• That's one of those penalties that is worth risking. It could have just as easily not been called but either way, it rattled Brady and we all know how well that works after watching the Giants game plan vs Tom.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• mikeak wrote:I don't get the discussion about how it is not an illegal hit. It is very clearly helmet to helmet regardless of how many links saying otherwise while showing it clearly people post. It was a stupid play, late and helmet to helmet. 15 yard penalty instead of 4th and 2 or something like that

I agree with you that it was a legitimate call. I don't agree with you that it was stupid. Yes, it cost us 15 yards and it extended the drive, but it is exactly the sort of call you expect to get occasionally with this defense. I don't want them backing off or slowing down at all. And in this particular case, Brady was never the same after the hit -- in that respect, it was a well invested 15 yard penalty.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• Brady wouldn't have lasted 30 seconds in the "Pre-Sarcastaball" era of today...

chawx
    NET Veteran

• Bluetalon - he goes lower and gets a late hit penalty I would have been ok with it. He gets a better push with his hands and accidentaly gets helmet to helmet I am ok with it.

3rd and 7 and this hit - I don't like it one bit. 1st down, 2nd down fine whatever you give them a few yards. You are down and need a stop no way this is a good hit no matter how much you rattle your opponent
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• seahawks08 wrote:
    bluengreen wrote:Tom Brady gets smacked

now that I see it, its not the hit from Jones, but his helmet hitting the turf was what he was what the ref saw and called Clemons for it.

BS, almost every single QB that gets sacked hits the ground with their helmets, watch other sacks and tell me that it isn't the case almost every single time.
    That was a well earned sack, and a pussee call.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:I don't get the discussion about how it is not an illegal hit. It is very clearly helmet to helmet regardless of how many links saying otherwise while showing it clearly people post. It was a stupid play, late and helmet to helmet. 15 yard penalty instead of 4th and 2 or something like that

the helmet to helmet as you put it was because of a Patriot shoving the Seahawk player hard in the back, and right into Brady, and if ANYONE was responsible for that collision, it was Bradys O-lineman,,and HE should be fined for it,,That was a bad call against the Seahawks.
    Watch the film of the play over and over and over, and you will have to agree that the ref. screwed the pooch on that play.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• From what I could tell, shortly after that hit, all his passes started bouncing off the field in front of his receivers.

I think it rattled him a touch.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information