Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:31 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 pm
Posts: 5301
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Sarlacc83 wrote:
Prepared for a letdown? Not right now.

Maybe on Thursday night if they're down by 20 with 2 minutes left to go, and even then, I'm not sure I'll believe they're out of it until the :00 mark.


EXACTLY. I say it all the time but until the clock strikes 0 I EXPECT to win. Don't care who the opponent is.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm
Posts: 2987
49ers probably got beat up far more than we did. New England is way softer than the Giants.

I'll take the positive energy over the negative energy. The Hawks want to beat SF more than any other team I would think, no way they aren't committed 100% to Thursday.

If they were playing some horrible maybe, but not the 49ers.

The hawks are coming to play!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:11 pm 
* Class Act Hawk Fan *
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:38 pm
Posts: 984
Location: Hayward, California
I think Sherman would have something to say about this…every team along with the media have been put on notice….We are here to play and be taken seriously.

_________________
Image
Beer, Football, Family=A wonderful life.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:19 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:58 pm
Posts: 1159
Location: New Jersey - Site of Super Bowl XLVIII
I don't see a letdown. The team will be up for this game.

Very difficult to play on the road on a short week. The NFL killed us with this schedule. If we lose it won't be because of a 'letdown'. This team hates to lose.

_________________
Image

Win Forever!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:01 pm
Posts: 1847
JonRud wrote:
I don't see a letdown. The team will be up for this game.

Very difficult to play on the road on a short week. The NFL killed us with this schedule. If we lose it won't be because of a 'letdown'. This team hates to lose.


I think every team hates to lose, and im sure SF is up for this game too.

im just saying, i'm really worried that we wont score more than 10 points and we'll be looking like we did in the 3rd quarter of the NE game.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
GoldenIsThyTate wrote:
this week vs. SF?

It wouldn't be much of a let down as SF is a good team, but they just got embarrassed by NY and I'm sure they're going to do whatever than can to fix what went wrong, we just got a nice win (vs. a very suspect defense) and are acting like we are hot shit now (sorta like dallas in week 1, sorta, some people) and are going up against a great defense this week.
We all have seen how bad our offense can sputter against a good D this year. Alex Smith has always played fairly well vs. Seattle with less talent and weapons. Oh and btw, we arent exactly Road Warriors. we did play SF well last year but I am really, really worried about this game.

this feels like the Rams game to me...


huh? are you kidding me? this is the biggest game of the season so far... the answer is no... my message to the niners is, whatcha gonna do about it... watch shermans post game video again, in case you can't tell, seahawks feel they can play with anyone.. best to bring it thursday night SF!!!!!

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:07 pm 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7600
SF will be unable to concentrate after that beat down and will have lost their confidence, especially since we ran on them last year and ruined their quest for a rush defense season best.

The 49ers are the ones that will struggle and we'll do what we do best, intercept, sack, stop the run and run the ball down their throats until we have broken their spirit.

It will be harbaugh at the end of the day saying "what's your deal? how did you field such a good team during a rebuild and since i inherited a talented team?' Well except for the QB."

And Pete will say, I drafted 2 of your players right out from underneath you, that's my deal. :twisted:

_________________
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! (FREE BROWNER!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:01 pm
Posts: 1847
hawker84 wrote:
GoldenIsThyTate wrote:
this week vs. SF?

It wouldn't be much of a let down as SF is a good team, but they just got embarrassed by NY and I'm sure they're going to do whatever than can to fix what went wrong, we just got a nice win (vs. a very suspect defense) and are acting like we are hot shit now (sorta like dallas in week 1, sorta, some people) and are going up against a great defense this week.
We all have seen how bad our offense can sputter against a good D this year. Alex Smith has always played fairly well vs. Seattle with less talent and weapons. Oh and btw, we arent exactly Road Warriors. we did play SF well last year but I am really, really worried about this game.

this feels like the Rams game to me...


huh? are you kidding me? this is the biggest game of the season so far... the answer is no... my message to the niners is, whatcha gonna do about it... watch shermans post game video again, in case you can't tell, seahawks feel they can play with anyone.. best to bring it thursday night SF!!!!!


nope not kidding, Sherman can say whatever he wants, he doesnt play offense. yes, RW stepped up this week, played great in the 4th, it will be extremely difficult to do that against SF

we wont score more than 10pts IMO. only question to me is, will they?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:10 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
GoldenIsThyTate wrote:
hawker84 wrote:
GoldenIsThyTate wrote:
this week vs. SF?

It wouldn't be much of a let down as SF is a good team, but they just got embarrassed by NY and I'm sure they're going to do whatever than can to fix what went wrong, we just got a nice win (vs. a very suspect defense) and are acting like we are hot shit now (sorta like dallas in week 1, sorta, some people) and are going up against a great defense this week.
We all have seen how bad our offense can sputter against a good D this year. Alex Smith has always played fairly well vs. Seattle with less talent and weapons. Oh and btw, we arent exactly Road Warriors. we did play SF well last year but I am really, really worried about this game.

this feels like the Rams game to me...


huh? are you kidding me? this is the biggest game of the season so far... the answer is no... my message to the niners is, whatcha gonna do about it... watch shermans post game video again, in case you can't tell, seahawks feel they can play with anyone.. best to bring it thursday night SF!!!!!


nope not kidding, Sherman can say whatever he wants, he doesnt play offense. yes, RW stepped up this week, played great in the 4th, it will be extremely difficult to do that against SF

we wont score more than 10pts IMO. only question to me is, will they?


Why won't we? We've seen the Wilson is capable of handling a pass heavy game plan, and we still have Marshawn Lynch.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:14 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11083
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
GoldenIsThyTate wrote:
hawker84 wrote:
GoldenIsThyTate wrote:
this week vs. SF?

It wouldn't be much of a let down as SF is a good team, but they just got embarrassed by NY and I'm sure they're going to do whatever than can to fix what went wrong, we just got a nice win (vs. a very suspect defense) and are acting like we are hot shit now (sorta like dallas in week 1, sorta, some people) and are going up against a great defense this week.
We all have seen how bad our offense can sputter against a good D this year. Alex Smith has always played fairly well vs. Seattle with less talent and weapons. Oh and btw, we arent exactly Road Warriors. we did play SF well last year but I am really, really worried about this game.

this feels like the Rams game to me...


huh? are you kidding me? this is the biggest game of the season so far... the answer is no... my message to the niners is, whatcha gonna do about it... watch shermans post game video again, in case you can't tell, seahawks feel they can play with anyone.. best to bring it thursday night SF!!!!!


nope not kidding, Sherman can say whatever he wants, he doesnt play offense. yes, RW stepped up this week, played great in the 4th, it will be extremely difficult to do that against SF

we wont score more than 10pts IMO. only question to me is, will they?


Golden Tate is dissapointed by your lack of swagger.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:01 pm
Posts: 1847
Sarlacc83 wrote:
Why won't we? We've seen the Wilson is capable of handling a pass heavy game plan, and we still have Marshawn Lynch.


thats just my opinion based on what ive seen from RW and the O this year. I do think Lynch needs to have a big game or else its just gonna be a lot of what we saw in the NE game (besides 4Q) and the GB game (besides GT)

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:20 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:01 pm
Posts: 1847
CANHawk wrote:
Golden Tate is dissapointed by your lack of swagger.


I used up all my swagger before the rams game, learned my lesson.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:22 pm 
* Just Chillin' *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:51 am
Posts: 934
Location: Los Angeles
Let down? That's same old Seahawks mentality setting in again. With PC I am never surprised about anything anymore. For the first time in a long time I feel like we can beat anybody. Call me crazy.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:24 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18002
Location: Spokane, Wa.
I don't feel a letdown coming but have to admit its going to be tough to get down from this high energy game and then get wound up again in a mere 4 days.

but as I said earlier, if anyone can do it, its this team.

:les:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:09 pm
Posts: 836
Location: Puyallup, WA
Hopefully we laid some pretty good building blocks with that performance offensively speaking. We've been so random and experimental in the passing game imo I hope they are starting to build a repertoire of stuff they are more confident in. Stuff that we are good at, high percentage plays, etc. Still early in the process but I'm talking about bread and butter plays, finding our identity, etc. If that makes sense.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:25 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7222
Location: Eastern Washington
pinksheets wrote:
Short answer: No.

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

That made me chuckle.

To the OP: We might not win this next game, but it won't be because of a let-down.

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:01 pm
Posts: 1847
just to be clear i think we CAN win, and Im sure it will be a good game.

but with 8 min to go in the 4thQ vs the crappy NE defense we looked pretty pathetic. yes we ended up righting the ship, but SF's D wont be nearly as easy, and im worried.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:30 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
GoldenIsThyTate wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:
Why won't we? We've seen the Wilson is capable of handling a pass heavy game plan, and we still have Marshawn Lynch.


thats just my opinion based on what ive seen from RW and the O this year. I do think Lynch needs to have a big game or else its just gonna be a lot of what we saw in the NE game (besides 4Q) and the GB game (besides GT)


I understand the trepidation, but I'm of the belief that Wilson the wide receivers have a better understanding of each other and Wilson has a better understanding of the NFL game at full speed. I think it's going to prove a tremendous advantage and that we'll score 20 on the 49ers. I don't believe they're as good as their blowouts of the Jets and Bills suggest.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11083
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
GoldenIsThyTate wrote:
just to be clear i think we CAN win, and Im sure it will be a good game.

but with 8 min to go in the 4thQ vs the crappy NE defense we looked pretty pathetic. yes we ended up righting the ship, but SF's D wont be nearly as easy, and im worried.


yeah, but their offense is a ham and dookie sandwich so we're not going to have to win it in a shootout. Our D will shut down their offense, and the beast should do what he do against the 9'ers (and if they sell out to stop the run like the Pats did, well... I guess Rusty is going to have to air it out again).

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:04 pm 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:47 pm
Posts: 77
We didnt play 49er football vs the Giants. The Kaepernick packages werent working. Every time he got on the field after a big play from Alex, the drive stalled and we kicked. Frank gore got 0 yards on 0 carries in the WHOLE second half! That is NOT 49er football. Harbaugh got way too confident in that stupid Kaepernick package because it worked well against a terrible Jets defense.

If Jim tries to be stubborn and force Kaepernick into the game, and not hand the ball to Gore in the entirety of the second half, we will absolutely lose the ball game. If we go back to our winning formula of a 50/50 run/pass offense, and letting Kaepernick hold the clipboard for the whole game, i think we will win.

Its hard to win when you throw a 40 yard pass to Moss, then the next play Kaepernick comes in and gets sacked for a 15 yard loss. Then on top of that, youre expected to come back in, completely off rhythm now, and dig your offense out of a hole that your backup QB put you in because he sucks and your coach was trying to get too cute. Rinse and repeat for the whole game. Jim better get back to 49er football and stop with the cutsie bullshit. The division is way too close this year to be trying to get fancy.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:26 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:17 pm
Posts: 2609
Location: Oroville CA.
No in fact I do not. This is a big differance SF we know already is good we didn't know the Rams were good.We should be ready it's not a long trip down the coastline.

_________________
Image
"Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:43 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
GoldenIsThyTate wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:
Why won't we? We've seen the Wilson is capable of handling a pass heavy game plan, and we still have Marshawn Lynch.


thats just my opinion based on what ive seen from RW and the O this year. I do think Lynch needs to have a big game or else its just gonna be a lot of what we saw in the NE game (besides 4Q) and the GB game (besides GT)


long as the score is 10 to 9 hawks, i'm cool with that....

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
This team seems to have too much of an atitude wave going to let down against our biggest competition this week. I think Arizona and STL will ultimately self destruct and I like where the Hawk's heads are at the moment. They are a fiesty bunch.
Even with the short week, I think now is the time to see just who is who in the division. Wish we were home, but that date will also arrive. I also wish SF would have played better yesterday but all good, let's get them at their best. 20-17 Seattle.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:06 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10483
Location: Pasco, WA
Their could be a let down, but man I hope their isn't as this is a HUGE game for our Hawks. Heck I would say that it is more important than our win versus the Pats.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am
Posts: 1066
Location: Indianapolis
People saying "if we lose this one, we aren't real contenders" need to get a grip. Every team in the league, including the eventual Super Bowl champion this year (assuming it isn't the 49ers, which I hope it isn't), would have a very difficult game on their hands at SF. I don't think there's a team in the league that could win more than six games if they played at SF 10 times. It's a huge game, and it would be a massive win, but it's hardly some crazy death blow if we lose, nor is it any statement on our team's ability to contend. You will find very few Super Bowl champions during the past decade that didn't take losses during the regular season in games like this one.

I see the game in a much more positive light; as something of a positive freeroll. If we win, then we take the lead over the Niners with a head-to-head win over them and the rest of our division games are home games. If we lose, then that sucks but it's not a hole we couldn't crawl out of.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feel another let down coming?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:51 pm
Posts: 1883
Winning against NE was a great confidence builder for a young team . I don't care I want a pissed niners team . I want to beat them straight up mad as hell so there will be no doubt we are for real .The stage is set for the whole county to see a real smash mouth football game . And we are primed for a big game . And ready to serve the niners a crashing season tail spinning defeat!

No let down for these hawks . Not this Thursday anyway.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 253hawk, BobcatHawk, EverydayImRusselin, Google [Bot], HoustonHawk82, Infamous425, MagHawk, McGruff, Milehighhawk, muhmitchell, oldhawkfan, SeahawksMSHing, seahawksny, Smellyman, Yahoo [Bot], Yxes1122, ZorntoLargent and 88 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.