Anyone else feel another let down coming?

Lithium

Reaction score
this week vs. SF?

It wouldn't be much of a let down as SF is a good team, but they just got embarrassed by NY and I'm sure they're going to do whatever than can to fix what went wrong, we just got a nice win (vs. a very suspect defense) and are acting like we are hot shit now (sorta like dallas in week 1, sorta, some people) and are going up against a great defense this week.
We all have seen how bad our offense can sputter against a good D this year. Alex Smith has always played fairly well vs. Seattle with less talent and weapons. Oh and btw, we arent exactly Road Warriors. we did play SF well last year but I am really, really worried about this game.

this feels like the Rams game to me...

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Shhhhhhh. We are still trying to enjoy beating the Patriots.

We could experience a let down, sure, the Seahawks have a penchant for let downs, but keep in mind that San Fran is dealing with the same short week we are, and they got pretty banged up in their game against the Giants. This one could go either way. I know one thing is for certain: we can beat any team in this league, anytime, anywhere. If we lose, I won't shed a tear about it. This team has been bringing it consistently every game, playing some mighty fine football, and I am realistic about the fact that it's just damn hard to play a Thursday game after such a draining win just four days prior.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
NO!!

Honestly, I've had this game pinned as a loss since the season started, and especially after we lost to the Cards and Rams. I'm not 100% ready to change my pick yet but the goings on of this past football weekend really have me thinking we might could just pull it off.

Happy

Reaction score
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php

OP
OP
Lithium

Lithium

Reaction score
yeah, im not saying i dont think we CAN win, hell we could blow em out if NY giants D can, but i just dont like the matchups at all, V. Davis is going to kill us especially if Kam (terrible in man coverage IMO) or our LB's are going be guarding him. I've been wrong plenty before though, although i just picked seattle to beat NE 24-23!

legend38

Reaction score
I think the team knows how important this game is considering we are 0-2 in the division.They have no choice but do get up for this.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I agree.

I think the combo of;

- short week
- big win over the Pats
- 49'ers pissed off after being embarrassed at home by the Giants

This all spells letdown game. BUT! Carrol so far this year has been great at getting his young hungry team prepared for games........so we'll see. All signs point to a letdown, but this Hawk team is not like any other Hawk team we've had. They're young, nasty and hungry. A great combo for bucking this conventional wisdom.

Largent80

Reaction score
The only let down is the post itself. We are going to go in there and TAKE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drdiags

Reaction score
If they aren't able to put out a good game against a division rival in a winner takes first game, then they are not ready to make that next step they think they are. Win, lose or draw, there should be no issue with a letdown. Now I am sure the 49ers hope there is a beatdown after their recent loss, but that is another story.

They have lost the last 3 of the 4 games against the 49ers under Carroll which are 3 in a row. No letdown.

Sac

Reaction score
Honestly, it could go either way. I whole heartedly believe the Niners will be up for this game. But I don't think the Hawks are going to sleep on a division game. This Seahawks team is oddly very mature for being as young as they are.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Short answer: No.

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Prepared for a letdown? Not right now.

Maybe on Thursday night if they're down by 20 with 2 minutes left to go, and even then, I'm not sure I'll believe they're out of it until the :00 mark.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Well if we lose this game, I hope it's because S.F. is the better team and not all these other excuses because I don't think the importance of dropping to 0-3 in the division should be lost on anyone. I can't remember a game as important as this one in quite awhile.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
If the team suffers a let down in THIS game then they don't deserve to be considered contenders.

Like Sherman said, it's a 12 round heavyweight fight.

lukerguy

Reaction score
The 49ers were built to pound the ball, and they were unstoppable in victories over the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills. But when its ground game is muzzled, San Francisco becomes average on offense. When a defense hassles quarterback Alex Smith the way the Giants did Sunday, the 49ers starter dips into the bad habits that haunted the early days of his NFL career.

We actually match up very well against them because we can stop the run. The Vikings also said that they knew when they beat them that they were vulnerable to teams who committed tot he run.

themunn

Reaction score
I won't be let down if the 49ers beat us
It's hardly like welcoming Cleveland or Oakland to CLink and losing if we go to SF and don't win.
I'll be let down if we get blown out or our defense is totally overrun, but I don't really see that happening.

They suffered a bad loss and their last 2 wins are against powderpuff opposition, but let's not forget they're still one of the toughest D's in the league to face.

I think we'll win, but if we lose I won't be any more let down than had we lost last night (although I'd have been disappointed last night if we'd lost after taking the lead in the 4th, it would take a similar set of circumstances to make me feel the same way about losing on Thursday)