Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Leaving games early
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:25 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

We've had two dramatic come-from-behind victories at home this season, and both have come after a point where most thought the game was lost for good. Fans were pouring out of the stadium at the end of the Packers game for sure, and I'd guess many left after we were down by 13 at the mid-point in the fourth quarter. Wonder how many were the same people. Wonder how many Seahawks fans are cursing themselves for walking out on not one but two dramatic comeback victories in back-to-back home game.

Anyone here, per chance? I doubt it, but it would be interesting to hear their thoughts.

Oh, and note to Seahawks fans in future games: DO NOT LEAVE EARLY! EVER!

Post subject: Re: Leaving games early
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:28 am 
NET Veteran

I always wonder what goes through peoples' minds that pay high dollar amounts for their tickets, just to leave early. Traffic? Don't go to the game if you don't want to deal with traffic or whatever else it is...

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:28 am 
* NET Baller *

with this team, I don't see HOW you can even think about it.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:32 am 
* NET E-Knight *

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
We've had two dramatic come-from-behind victories at home this season, and both have come after a point where most thought the game was lost for good. Fans were pouring out of the stadium at the end of the Packers game for sure, and I'd guess many left after we were down by 13 at the mid-point in the fourth quarter. Wonder how many were the same people. Wonder how many Seahawks fans are cursing themselves for walking out on not one but two dramatic comeback victories in back-to-back home game.

Anyone here, per chance? I doubt it, but it would be interesting to hear their thoughts.

Oh, and note to Seahawks fans in future games: DO NOT LEAVE EARLY! EVER!

Good post. There are a handful of people in my section who leave early for whatever reason. A lot of the season ticket holders who are there every game notice, and pitched them some shit about leaving during the GB game when they were sitting down before the NE game. None of them left early this time. I have never left a game early, but I can understand there is a need to sometimes.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:33 am 
NET Veteran

I'm in section 241 and there's this guy in front of us who left the GB and yesterday's game early. He left with 10 minutes on the board yesterday. I cut him some slack for the GB game but come next home game, I'm going to make sure the whole section gives him an ear full as I find his lack of faith disturbing!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:38 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

I will admit, I was tempted to stop watching the game when we were down 13 points, thinking that it was just too much for an anemic pass offense to overcome. Glad I was wrong, and doubly glad I kept watching. I'm pretty disciplined about not shutting off the TV when things go wrong, always trying to remain optimistic, but for a time I figured we were sunk for sure.

Great, great, great, great game. 4 and 2 people. Just say it over and over in your mind. When you consider who we have beaten, Dallas, Green Bay, Carolina, and New England, you just can't help but get excited over the future of this football team. They are so damn talented, young, hungry, and eager to flatten anyone who is unfortunate enough to line up across from them.

Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:40 am 
* NET Philistine *

I don't know how many times this season I've chalked up the game as a loss, told myself to get used to it, and sat down and watched with the belief we were going to pull out the W. This team is magical, and we know it.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:41 am 
NET Veteran

I was at the GB game and was pissed seeing all those fans leave early. We were all hollering and celebrating outside and some that left were asking "What happened? We won?" I just laughed at them and replied "that's what you get for leaving early"

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:42 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

I almost left. With 3 minutes left and we punted to NE, I almost asked my son if he wanted to leave. I didn't. We stayed and we were rewarded. I rarely leave early, but I have a couple of times.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:29 am 
NET Bench Warmer

Never Give up!

NEVER SURRENDER!!!!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:38 am 
* NET Staff *

People can leave if they want. Why do I care? My kid wanted to leave and I just said let's wait a little longer ... then the TD to Braylon

But look I got home at 10:15. Let's not hassle people who have other things in life besides football. When my kids were really small I'd leave early to beat traffic.

Bottom line: Do what you want, let others do the same.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:38 am 
NET Rookie

I was guilty of it this time. I actually did get ear- jacked by a couple fans near the Hawks tunnel when they saw me pack it up and jet. It killed me to do it, but I coach youth sports and had to host a team building event.. Never assume you know why someone has to go and cut em a little slack. I was trying to judge what was going on by listening to the fans as I walked down the cold dark streets in shame wishing I had a white fluffy post-game robe jacket to hide my shame

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:06 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Hawkstorian wrote:
People can leave if they want. Why do I care? My kid wanted to leave and I just said let's wait a little longer ... then the TD to Braylon

But look I got home at 10:15. Let's not hassle people who have other things in life besides football. When my kids were really small I'd leave early to beat traffic.

Bottom line: Do what you want, let others do the same.

What a great game to take you boy to. Glad you made it. My son is now grown (22 - you may remember him) and we often speak of the times of when we used to go to the game together. This one was the first time we've been to a game together in 3+ years, as he's been out of country the previous 3 seasons. Treasure the times.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:49 pm 
NET Veteran

I wasn't at the game, but was watching at Chili's restaurant with my sister. We left when we went down 13 points because my sister was bored, and it didn't seem realistic to me that the team could overcome that deficit with less than a quarter to go. At least, not with our offense at the time.

Yes, that was stupid of us.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:51 pm 
* NET Moderator *

I've left early plenty of times. Never early enough, or in a game close enough, for the outcome to change though.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:58 pm 
* NET Radish *

We've shared tickets with season ticket holders so feel it wouldn't be fair to leave early. In fact the wife and I don't get around as easy as we used to so we normally just sit down and let the big rush go.

Its kind of nice to just let the game replay in your mind and enjoy the stadium experience in a more quiet environment.

Only time we've left early is when someone gave us their tickets for a preseason game and we were sitting in the Hawk's Nest. A great experience but killing on your back. In fact that was the first game Romo started for the 'boys. we left with about 5 minutes left and we were out of sight behind.

But that was the only time. Sitting for 10 minutes after the games over, taking your time. My wife has to use the elevator and am not sure if I could make the 13 corner walk myself now a days. But its great fun to take in all the stuff going on outside the stadium.

we always park right across the street from Temple Billiards anyway so its only a couple of blocks walk.

:les:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:41 pm 
NET Rookie

To each their own. I saw people head for the exits from mid 4th quarter on. I didn't stop screaming until brady's last pass to welker. Granted, I cleared off the entire day and night for the game (and boozing).

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:45 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

12thMan1 wrote:
I'm in section 241 and there's this guy in front of us who left the GB and yesterday's game early. He left with 10 minutes on the board yesterday. I cut him some slack for the GB game but come next home game, I'm going to make sure the whole section gives him an ear full as I find his lack of faith disturbing!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:55 pm 
NET Starter

If I have time to watch a game or attend one. I stay and watch until the very end. I have watched a lot of horrible humiliating defeats, but this win made up for all of them.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:00 pm 
* El Primo *
* El Primo *

IMHO, if people want to leave early, it's their business and no one else's. Last time I looked, The CLink was still in the US of A.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:03 pm 
* Handsome *

Stay to the end and we may lose. Leave early and you may beat traffic.
And dying in your bed many years from now,
would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for
one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell
our enemies that they may take our victory but they will never take
our fandom!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:06 pm 
NET Veteran

LymonHawk wrote:
IMHO, if people want to leave early, it's their business and no one else's. Last time I looked, The CLink was still in the US of A.

Beautiful!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:25 pm 
NET Starter

Hawk Strap wrote:
Stay to the end and we may lose. Leave early and you may beat traffic.
And dying in your bed many years from now,
would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for
one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell
our enemies that they may take our victory but they will never take
our fandom!

hopefully this year doesnt turn out like mel gibson though.......

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:47 pm 
NET Veteran

Badjujus wrote:
Never Give up!

NEVER SURRENDER!!!!

Attachment:
NGUNS.jpg
NGUNS.jpg [ 149.44 KiB | Viewed 444 times ]

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:00 pm 
NET Rookie

I ride the train (best $8.50 ride ever after a win) and i have never missed my ride...... I stay until the Hawks are all off the field. I understand that some have to leave. I just cant do it myself. I just plan to share the walk out with "friends" win or lose... High Fives all the way down the ramp and screams of "SEEEEEEEEEEEA HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAWKS!"

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:54 pm 
NET Veteran

LymonHawk wrote:

What the hell, you think US of A is a free country or something??!!
Makes me think of the Clash song, "Know Your Rights".
You have the right to be lied to... by both parties! Sorry for the digression, it's just that I follow the Electronic Frontier Foundation, and it's a damn lot of work to keep anything free and open in this country where both parties can be bought.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:02 am 
NET Rookie

12thMan1 wrote:

let him go dont jinx it...lol

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]