What I love about Patriot fans

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
What I love about Patriot fans
Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:14 am
  • You keep hearing all week how "this years defense is light years better than last years" and how difficult it would be for Wilson to move the chains on them.

Then when Wilson puts up 300 and 3 TD's......"oh our secondary sucks anyways that doesn't prove anything!"

:roll:
    BuffaloHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Re: What I love about Patriot fans
Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:17 am
  • Actually I said ALL last week if the Hawks were going to win, Wilson was going to have to do it through the air as the pats would stuff the run.. I was right and Wilson played a fantastic game.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:31 am
  • PatsFanNH wrote:Actually I said ALL last week if the Hawks were going to win, Wilson was going to have to do it through the air as the pats would stuff the run.. I was right and Wilson played a fantastic game.

In fairness, you were right. I also think it was you who said the Seahawks would have to score more than 24 points to beat the Pats. you were pretty close on that, too.

it was a good game. I came away impressed with both teams. That offense of NE's is very good, but they let themselves become too one-dimensional. Brady is insanely good at QB, and even with the 12th man noise was still pretty impressive - however he made a LOT of un-Brady like mistakes, which i would attribute directly to the crowd.

I hope that the Pats fans learned that the 12th man is for real and gives us an enormous advantage at home, several of you were trying to play down the effect of the crowd, and I hope that you came away with a new understanding of what we're all talking about.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:35 am
  • I'd lay the unBrady like mistakes directly on ET and Sherman. Those two beat him.

Our 12th man took away their no huddle offense, though. Great job all of you lucky enough to have been there.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:49 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    PatsFanNH wrote:I hope that the Pats fans learned that the 12th man is for real and gives us an enormous advantage at home, several of you were trying to play down the effect of the crowd, and I hope that you came away with a new understanding of what we're all talking about.

Hawk fans are every bit as RABID as Raven fans, except they (Hawk fans)dont get quiet when they go down by 10 or more points... THAT made the difference IMO..
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:51 am
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:I'd lay the unBrady like mistakes directly on ET and Sherman. Those two beat him.

One was an UN brady like BAD pass 9the long deep pass was thrown BADLY), the 2nd INT i still am angry about.. no need be passing the rock up by 10 in the thrird qrtr on the other teams 5 yrd line when you only need 1 yrd for a 1st and goal grrr... (But that was a nice D catch.)
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:51 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    PatsFanNH wrote:Actually I said ALL last week if the Hawks were going to win, Wilson was going to have to do it through the air as the pats would stuff the run.. I was right and Wilson played a fantastic game.

In fairness, you were right. I also think it was you who said the Seahawks would have to score more than 24 points to beat the Pats. you were pretty close on that, too.

it was a good game. I came away impressed with both teams. That offense of NE's is very good, but they let themselves become too one-dimensional. Brady is insanely good at QB, and even with the 12th man noise was still pretty impressive - however he made a LOT of un-Brady like mistakes, which i would attribute directly to the crowd.

I hope that the Pats fans learned that the 12th man is for real and gives us an enormous advantage at home, several of you were trying to play down the effect of the crowd, and I hope that you came away with a new understanding of what we're all talking about.

Actually he said a minimum of 24 points.
    Bitter
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:53 am
  • PatsFanNH wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:I'd lay the unBrady like mistakes directly on ET and Sherman. Those two beat him.

One was an UN brady like BAD pass 9the long deep pass was thrown BADLY), the 2nd INT i still am angry about.. no need be passing the rock up by 10 in the thrird qrtr on the other teams 5 yrd line when you only need 1 yrd for a 1st and goal grrr... (But that was a nice D catch.)

The run game was not strong at all. The Seahawks have been smashing running backs back for losses in those situations all season long. Brady had already passed for close to 300 yards in the game. Why wouldn't you use what was clearly your best asset in the game to try and ice it?
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:54 am
  • Bitter,

I was right then lol... on the money.... Wilson played AMAZINGLY WELL.. he going be special if your O line can protect him..
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:55 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    PatsFanNH wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:I'd lay the unBrady like mistakes directly on ET and Sherman. Those two beat him.

The run game was not strong at all. The Seahawks have been smashing running backs back for losses in those situations all season long. Brady had already passed for close to 300 yards in the game. Why wouldn't you use what was clearly your best asset in the game to try and ice it?

1. Tire the D out and run clock. 2. you just ran it twice for 9 yards.. cant get 1 more with another run? But more important LIMIT the chance of a mistake...
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:08 am
  • PatsFanNH wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    PatsFanNH wrote:I hope that the Pats fans learned that the 12th man is for real and gives us an enormous advantage at home, several of you were trying to play down the effect of the crowd, and I hope that you came away with a new understanding of what we're all talking about.

Hawk fans are every bit as RABID as Raven fans, except they (Hawk fans)dont get quiet when they go down by 10 or more points... THAT made the difference IMO..

And didn't I tell you that this crowd was different when you all tried to say that being doen by 2 scores would shut them up? now you know. Tell your friends.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:13 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:And didn't I tell you that this crowd was different when you all tried to say that being doen by 2 scores would shut them up? now you know. Tell your friends.

:177692: High-five!
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:19 am
  • According to some stats posted, after the Jones hit to Brady, Tom went 4-12 for 71 yds and one of the interceptions. Prior to that he was 34-48 for the majority of his numbers (these are from memory, so may not add up to reality). Still, was it a factor that his bell got rung or was it just the fact the defense had gotten on track the second half.

Also there were mentions in the Boston papers that Brady may have tried to pump himself up for this week's game by trying to destroy the Seahawks and shut down their fans early. The opinion was that this is what lead to his grounding call late in the 2nd. There were other instances quoted. Check out Eric Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune for links to Tom Curran and Greg A Bedard if no links have been provided to some of these articles.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:33 pm
  • Damn you...now the ghost of Al Davis is going to be ringing in my head the rest of the day!
    MOCHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:53 pm
  • PatsFanNH wrote:Actually I said ALL last week if the Hawks were going to win, Wilson was going to have to do it through the air as the pats would stuff the run.. I was right and Wilson played a fantastic game.

Gotta hand it to you for hanging around here after the loss.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:32 pm
  • BuffaloHawk --

You know, I spent most of this past week interacting with Pats fans over at http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.html and let me tell you ... there were SOME guys (yeah) who looked at the Seahawks with somewhat condescending eyes ... and who view this victory more as a function of how "bad" their secondary is rather than how good the Hawks are. But in my interactions with them this past week, I found the vast majority of those guys over there to be highly intelligent, classy -- and (believe it or not) very respectful football fans. In many ways, those guys over there are really a lot like posters over here -- fans who are passionate for their team. Sure, 99% of the Patriots fans on their board thought that their team was going to win ... but at the same time, 99% of the Seahawks fans on this board thought we were going to win. I think we as fans (whatever team we root for) all inevitably tend to view wins and losses through our own lenses ... and have a hard time shaking our "homer" mentality. In many ways, that's part of being a fan, that's all.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:05 pm
  • Hawkscanner wrote:BuffaloHawk --

You know, I spent most of this past week interacting with Pats fans over at http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.html and let me tell you ... there were SOME guys (yeah) who looked at the Seahawks with somewhat condescending eyes ... and who view this victory more as a function of how "bad" their secondary is rather than how good the Hawks are. But in my interactions with them this past week, I found the vast majority of those guys over there to be highly intelligent, classy -- and (believe it or not) very respectful football fans. In many ways, those guys over there are really a lot like posters over here -- fans who are passionate for their team. Sure, 99% of the Patriots fans on their board thought that their team was going to win ... but at the same time, 99% of the Seahawks fans on this board thought we were going to win. I think we as fans (whatever team we root for) all inevitably tend to view wins and losses through our own lenses ... and have a hard time shaking our "homer" mentality. In many ways, that's part of being a fan, that's all.

To be honest that Patsfan forum wasn't bad at all. It was the other forum that was listed that had a large number of people that were predicting they would crush us and that they would have no problem walking in and shutting down Wilson.

I know we do it too, it's still funny though to see such a change in opinion after something happens
    BuffaloHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:07 pm
  • BuffaloHawk wrote:
    Hawkscanner wrote:BuffaloHawk --

To be honest that Patsfan forum wasn't bad at all. It was the other forum that was listed that had a large number of people that were predicting they would crush us and that they would have no problem walking in and shutting down Wilson.

I know we do it too, it's still funny though to see such a change in opinion after something happens

Yeah, I don't know about the other forum, but to be completely honest ... the posters over at Patsfans.com reminded me a heck of a lot of the posters over here. In many ways, Patsfan.com ... was a heck of a lot like Seahawks.net. The only difference is that we're passionate about the Seahawks ... and they're passionate about the Patriots. That's it. Honestly, I found myself really enjoying interacting with many of the different personalities there. Like here, there are quite a few characters over there as well. It was kind of cool getting a different perspective on things. It's good to get that every now and then ... rather than simply listening to our own rhetoric again and again. I fully plan to chat w/those guys sometime again in the future ... and I'd encourage any of you to do the same.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information