Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: It really IS that loud
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:04 am 
NET Rookie

Last night after I got home from the game, I rewatched parts of it that I had recorded. In the 4th quarter, the TV cameras pan to the crowd and there's a girl in a Brady jersey with her fingers in her ears seemingly in pain because of the noise. The 12th man showed up - props to all.

Post subject: Re: It really IS that loud
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:06 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:10 am 
NET Rookie

That was it. Thanks, Aros. 12th man was rabid.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:12 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

The scowl on the guy's face in the lower left corner kind of tells it all for Pat fans.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:13 am 
NET Veteran

It was loud as hell, but I was amazed at how many Patriots fans were there. I was up in the 300 level and that was by far the most fans of the opposing team that I've ever seen at a game at the Clink/Qwest. When the Hawks went negative 10 yards in their first possession of the 2nd half, the Pats fans were straight up loud where I was sitting. It was pretty infuriating.

We drowned em out in the fourth quarter though...

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:15 am 
NET Rookie

I sincerely wish the Hawks would make a practice of turning people away at the gate who are wearing opposing teams gear. They seriously should not be allowed in the stadium.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:17 am 
* El Primo *
* El Primo *

Missing_Clink wrote:
It was loud as hell, but I was amazed at how many Patriots fans were there. I was up in the 300 level and that was by far the most fans of the opposing team that I've ever seen at a game at the Clink/Qwest. When the Hawks went negative 10 yards in their first possession of the 2nd half, the Pats fans were straight up loud where I was sitting. It was pretty infuriating.

I was sitting in Sec. 318 and there was a splattering in Pats fans. I thought they were pretty nice folks.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:20 am 
NET Rookie

Up in 304, there were lots of pats fans. There was some ugliness next to me that got 2 pats and 2 hawks fans ejected from the game. Go easy on the beer, folks.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:22 am 
NET Veteran

ShaunPope wrote:
I sincerely wish the Hawks would make a practice of turning people away at the gate who are wearing opposing teams gear. They seriously should not be allowed in the stadium.

I welcome it... They can then share in what we have, wishing they had it...

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:30 am 
NET Pro Bowler

Missing_Clink wrote:

Even more than the Packers? There were a TON of Packers fans there.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:36 am 
NET Veteran

Hate to say it...but Seattle seems to be bandwagon city. All the popular teams are very visible at the Clink. Which kind of makes it even more amazing that the 12th is so loud.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:49 am 
NET Veteran

ShaunPope wrote:

LOL....I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Your anger should be directed at the greedy Hawk season ticket holders that sell their tickets online to the opposing fans. IMO if you're not going to buy season tickets cause you love your hometown team, GTFO.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:57 am 
NET Veteran

Sgt. Largent wrote:
ShaunPope wrote:

LOL....I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Your anger should be directed at the greedy Hawk season ticket holders that sell their tickets online to the opposing fans. IMO if you're not going to buy season tickets cause you love your hometown team, GTFO.

Most of those are bought up and sold by ticket brokers. I bought my GB tix from a guy that absolutely refused to sell his to an opposing fan. Was even offered $200 more than what we paid but turned it down.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:17 am 
NET Veteran

I think its a combination of having a beautiful city, spoken by my Giants fan friend who travelled there for the debacle two years ago, and that prices might be cheap or easier to afford as we have been unpopular team.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:24 am 
NET Veteran

Most of the pats fans where from the area. Just like baseball with all the Red Sox fans showing up, most are from around here.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:31 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

ShaunPope wrote:

Yeah, and then Seahawks fans wouldn't be able to show the colors anywhere besides Seattle. That's the sort of thinking that cuts both ways.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:33 am 
NET Veteran

This personifies discomfort

Aros wrote:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:20 pm 
NET Rookie

Testing my new avatar

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:38 pm 
NET Veteran

Maybe she's got earphones that are tied into McDaniels and Brady and she's trying to understand the next play.

Kinda looks that way. :lol:

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:40 pm 
* NET Nobody *

It ain't that loud, HARUMPH!

Last edited by ivotuk on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:41 pm 
* NET Staff *

ShaunPope wrote:

And of course you would never be allowed to go to another stadium wearing Seahawks gear.

I didn't think the Patriot fans were any more prevelant than any other home game. Far better than your basic Cowboy or Packer game.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:44 pm 
* NET Moderator *

I like it when there's a bunch of opposing fans. It makes the game more fun, imo. One of the favorite games i've ever been to was a Raider game back in the kingdome days when we really sucked. I bet literally over half the crowd was Raider fans, and then we kicked there ass. It was great.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:17 pm 
NET Veteran

HawkFan72 wrote:

Even more than the Packers? There were a TON of Packers fans there.

I was lucky enough to be at both games this year. Definitely way more Packers fans than Patriots fans, and it's not even close. The Packers game was crazy, I could not believe how many fans there were there. But it's true, there were still quite a few Pats fans.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]