Its beginning to feel alot like 2005..

Kamcussion

Reaction score
I remember the slow start.. Then all of a sudden the team clicked in this gear that I have never seen before..

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Our offense still has a long, long way to go. It needs to be more consistent and cut down on the mistakes. Lots of progress in this game, though, and that's a good sign.

Don't be surprised to see a step or two back on Thursday, though. That 49ers D is a completely different animal than what the Seahawks just faced.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I thought that power ranking graph thread I've been seeing was kind of a funny anomaly but it's a damn eerie coincidence what is happening now. Got to get rolling on the road though to match that 05 magic!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
volsunghawk":5bpvbf64 said:
Our offense still has a long, long way to go. It needs to be more consistent and cut down on the mistakes. Lots of progress in this game, though, and that's a good sign.

Don't be surprised to see a step or two back on Thursday, though. That 49ers D is a completely different animal than what the Seahawks just faced.

debbie-downer-1.jpg

CANHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3qth8oir said:

Yeah, but their offense is a day old turd sandwich compared to the defense we just played. I still like our odds. This team is walking with a swagger right now.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Aros":1uy0fwnl said:
volsunghawk":1uy0fwnl said:

debbie-downer-1.jpg

Heh, I'm fine with that. When I post after a loss, I'm a kool-aid drinker or a fan who's not invested in the team and unwilling to hold players/coaches/owners accountable.

And when I post after a win, I'm a downer.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
12th_Bob":wqzcbqxg said:
I thought that power ranking graph thread I've been seeing was kind of a funny anomaly but it's a damn eerie coincidence what is happening now. Got to get rolling on the road though to match that 05 magic!

Badjujus":wqzcbqxg said:
Wtb graph thread

Oh, you're talking about the thread I started a few weeks ago...

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52128&start=0

here's the graph...

Seahawksrankings 1

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Is it also beginning to feel a lot like 2010? Through 6 games in 2010 we were 4-2 going 3-0 at home and 1-2 on the road (we were also 1-1 in the division, whereas now we're 0-2). Yeah yeah, this defense is better and it's our third year in the schemes and all that. I know. My point is, let's not go crazy yet. 2005? I'm excited, too, but I also remember, NOT THREE WEEKS AGO, when we came off a win against Green Bay only to make fools of ourselves in St. Louis.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
yes in 2005 we had a better offense but we didnt have a defense that came close to this one. yes we had 50 sacks that year but we gave up a lot of yardage

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think by the end of the '13 season, this team will be better than our '05 team. In fact, much better.

Attitude and toughness the 05 team lacked. Hutch was the soul of that team (IMO) and now every other player plays with the same controlled anger that Hutch played with. That carries us deep. More and better FAs will want to play here in Egypt. This team has shed that soft image that we were stuck with and that will be the difference. If you were a top-tier free agent WR, would you rather play for us.. or against us? LOL.

Our draft class for next year? Oh man...I can't wait. I can't recall a draft in the history of this franchise that we enter with such freedom. BPA 1-7, I say. Thanks for keeping our seat warm, SF.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hey, someone posted the Debbie Downer pic. Is there a Predictable Priscilla meme out there?

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
GoldenTater81":3hofkr9m said:
I remember the slow start.. Then all of a sudden the team clicked in this gear that I have never seen before..

Disagree. We were blowing people out in 2005. We have won or lost these games (with the exception of Dallas) by a few points. 2005 team was an offensive powerhouse. 2012 team is really good but really raw...

cesame

Reaction score
The 2005 defense only gave up 16.9 pts/G, good for 7th in the NFL.

They were 5th against the run and 1st in sacks.

The 2005 defense was a pretty good defense.

Offensively these two Seahawk teams don't even compare.

HawkHack

Reaction score
MeanBlueGreen":3qnycmuy said:
GoldenTater81":3qnycmuy said:

Disagree. We were blowing people out in 2005. We have won or lost these games (with the exception of Dallas) by a few points. 2005 team was an offensive powerhouse. 2012 team is really good but really raw...

Our '05 offense was amazing ... no question. But we weren't blowing teams out, by and large. We won, what, 3 or 4 games on very late and sometimes long FGs, courtesy of old JB.

At least, that's my recollection.

Later in the season, though, we seemed unstoppable on offense. Especially SA runs inside the opponent 10-yard line. Money, baby!