Defensive Ranking?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I heard on the radio this morning that now the Seahawks have allowed the fewest points in the NFL (one point less than the niners)...93 points.

We gave up a lot of yards yesterday, though, so I am sure our yardage ranking has gone down. Anyone know where we sit after yesterday?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
#4 in yards/gm at 294.7.

Edit: We fell behind the 49ers in yards per play. They're at 4.6, we're at 4.7 (when we were at 4.4, I believe.)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Well, in the points per game category, the Bears actually took the lead by not playing this week. If you go total points, you can't count them because they've had a bye week. As far as Yards Per Game, we are sitting in 4th place. The rankings look like this...

1) 49ers.....275.8

2) Cowboys....285.2

3) Bears....291.2

4) Seahawks....294.7

5) Stealers....295.8

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I expected us to drop farther than 4 for sure. I knew we would be Top 10 still, but we gave up a LOT of yards. Good to see we're still in the Top 5. Without a huge collapse (knock on wood), we should stay Top 5 the rest of the year, as the Pats were the best Offense we will see this season.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
We will move back up for the rest of the season. We've played some really high caliber offenses so far. Look at the rest of that schedule and tell me there's a high powered offense on it. We might have some tough games and a few losses, but we're not going to give up yards like we did vs NE again this season.

By the end of the year, we'll be either the #1 defense or #2 behind Chicago.