Peter King Likes

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
I know some don't care for Peter King, but he has some pretty good things to say about Seattle in this week's edition of the Monday Morning QB.

On Russell Wilson:
The maturation of Russell Wilson. After his sixth NFL game Sunday, a 24-23 win over the Patriots at home, Wilson told Tom Brady on the field, "I have so much respect for you as a player and a person. It's great to play against you." He walked through the Seattle locker room, shaking hands with every player. He stopped to share a few moments with owner Paul Allen. In his post-game press conference, during which he deflected any praise about himself toward the team, he finished the way he finishes interviews broadcast live to Seattle fans: "Go Hawks!''

Good teammate. Good politician. Good guy. And a very quick study as a quarterback.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z29NSOYcBj

Things he likes:
k. The crowd in Seattle. Those fans are so loud you almost have to turn the TV down.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z29NRFKBAy

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I heard some clips from the Boston media this morning. They are unconvinced that Wilson will ever be a good QB because he moves outside of the pocket now and then and because Flynn will make $10 Million.

I used to have empathy for Boston sports fans, but no longer. They are a bunch of whiny beeyotches with a bizarre sense of entitlement.

Basis4day

Reaction score
My experience with Boston Sports fans is that they love the Celtics more than the Patriots.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Basis4day":u7e23evt said:
My experience with Boston Sports fans is that they love the Celtics more than the Patriots.

They love whatever teams winning. Boston areas fans are the biggest bandwagon fans in the history of sports.

They used to be somewhat bearable before the Sox and Pats won anything, kind of a lovable loser mentality. But after the championships, they're just flat out miserable.

mrblitz

Reaction score
It looked to me like it wasn't just the fans with the sense of entitlement. It seemed like every time NE had an incompletion, the targeted receiver was looking around for a PI flag.

hawker84

Reaction score
East Coast Offense":3izx9j34 said:
Wilson is a real surprise.

Everyone knew Luck and RG3 would be good.

he was no suprise to me. i thought he'd be every bit as good if not better than both.. he's got that special whatever. i saw it in college, and i saw it that first preseaon game.. you're only seeing the beginning... wait till he knows this offense inside and out, wait till the coaching staff is comfortable enough to fully expose him to the playbook.... it's going to be fun to watch.... we will finally have a marquee quarterback... No offense to Hasselback , very greatful for everything he did for this team...