Wow.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And this was an off night in my estimation for our defense. 1 sack, nearly 400 yards passing...

If this is the worst we look all year?

SUPER BOWL!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
That was the best opposing offense we will see all year. To hold them to 23 points was good enough, I was worried in the first half but they locked it down. This D is for real and other teams better watch out because our offense is waking up.

Our defensive ranking will drop this week, but we all know who the best D in the NFL is.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
D is for Dominant. These guys could write footballs version of The Story of O.

The Radish

Reaction score
In the second half you could see NE getting tired and hearing footsteps. With the exception of Welker and I wouldn't be surprised if he might not play next week, he really got worked over.

:les:

canzag

Reaction score
The Radish":73bzbqj6 said:
In the second half you could see NE getting tired and hearing footsteps. With the exception of Welker and I wouldn't be surprised if he might not play next week, he really got worked over.

:les:

Agree 100%.They looked a bit tired/beat up and heard footsteps in the 4th,except for Welker.Welker is a baller/Pats better pay him.

YoSoyFiesta

Reaction score
I had this pegged as a sure loss. Wow indeed!

RW has Tebow level mental toughness.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Only major concern with this D is the nickel corner spot. Trufant is/was a great Seahawk but he was out-classed by Welker yesterday. The underneath stuff killed us. Welker was logging receptions at will. I hope WTIII can make that spot his own once he is activated.

I didn't like writing that. Love Trufant.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Always have to remember it's such a team game. Yards allowed and all that really don't matter.

All three phases stepped up. We needed the offense to score points today, and they did. Special teams - Leon got us into a shorter field for the last drive. And the defense was able to come up with two picks, on in the end zone which is always a back breaker. Although we only got one sack, it could not have come at a better time than the end of the game when the Pats had no timeouts.

If you would have told me we were going to hold that high powered Patriots offense to 23 points, I would have said we are going to have a good shot at winning. They have so many weapons (Brady, Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd). The huge difference today was our offense finally pushed the ball downfield, multiple times. We had three plays of 45+ yards, another of 29 and another of 22.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3evdufsv said:
That was the best opposing offense we will see all year. To hold them to 23 points was good enough, I was worried in the first half but they locked it down. This D is for real and other teams better watch out because our offense is waking up.

Our defensive ranking will drop this week, but we all know who the best D in the NFL is.

Texans got 42 points hung on them and the 49ers gave up 26. We'll be OK.

CornerHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1ala8d1o said:
And this was an off night in my estimation for our defense. 1 sack, nearly 400 yards passing...

If this is the worst we look all year?

SUPER BOWL!

USC was always a bend don't break D while Carrol was coach.

kidhawk

Reaction score
What was impressive about this IMO was the defense was getting stronger as the game went on. The Patriots offense is built to wear a defense out. They mean to have you breathing hard and making mistakes. By the 4th quarter, the opposing defense is supposed to be so tired that they can just run the ball down their throats. Our defense kept their pace all game long. Our defense seemed to wear out their offense, and this is why the last few drives we were able to stop them. Also, when you think about it, they threw the ball 58 times yesterday. This comes to less than 7 yards per attempt. This really isn't that bad in the scheme of things. The Patriots offense is a juggernaut, yet they were only able to put up 2 TD's and only 1 of those from within the Red Zone.

Agcat

Reaction score
I agree Trufant's skills have declined but I don't know off the top of my head anyone who has shut Welker down 1v1.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3cz4iza1 said:
Only major concern with this D is the nickel corner spot. Trufant is/was a great Seahawk but he was out-classed by Welker yesterday. The underneath stuff killed us. Welker was logging receptions at will. I hope WTIII can make that spot his own once he is activated.

I didn't like writing that. Love Trufant.

LOL Welker does that to a lot of teams, there’s a reason way he leads the league in receptions year, after year, after year...

But your point on Thurmond is well taken…

docj78

Reaction score
kidhawk":3si0vurw said:
What was impressive about this IMO was the defense was getting stronger as the game went on. The Patriots offense is built to wear a defense out. They mean to have you breathing hard and making mistakes. By the 4th quarter, the opposing defense is supposed to be so tired that they can just run the ball down their throats. Our defense kept their pace all game long. Our defense seemed to wear out their offense, and this is why the last few drives we were able to stop them. Also, when you think about it, they threw the ball 58 times yesterday. This comes to less than 7 yards per attempt. This really isn't that bad in the scheme of things. The Patriots offense is a juggernaut, yet they were only able to put up 2 TD's and only 1 of those from within the Red Zone.

This! Our guys went out there and beat back the mad aerial onslaught known as the New England Patriots. Lady Brady passed for all those yards and STILL couldn't put big points on the board! And or O pulled through and played ball! This team is FOR REAL! :thirishdrinkers:

BlueTalons

Reaction score
kidhawk":20y706nu said:
Another indicator: The Patriots had like four or five 3-n-outs all season. They had two in a row to end the game (if you count a "4-n-out" in there...) None bigger than the first one when we HAD to have it!!