Wow.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Wow.
Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:20 pm
  • And this was an off night in my estimation for our defense. 1 sack, nearly 400 yards passing...

If this is the worst we look all year?

SUPER BOWL!

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Wow.
Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:50 pm
  • That was the best opposing offense we will see all year. To hold them to 23 points was good enough, I was worried in the first half but they locked it down. This D is for real and other teams better watch out because our offense is waking up.

Our defensive ranking will drop this week, but we all know who the best D in the NFL is.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:01 pm
  • Bam.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:55 pm
  • I agree, our O is waking up.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:58 pm
  • D is for Don't.
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:05 am
  • D is for Dominant. These guys could write footballs version of The Story of O.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:31 am
  • In the second half you could see NE getting tired and hearing footsteps. With the exception of Welker and I wouldn't be surprised if he might not play next week, he really got worked over.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:37 am
  • The Radish wrote:In the second half you could see NE getting tired and hearing footsteps. With the exception of Welker and I wouldn't be surprised if he might not play next week, he really got worked over.

:les:

Agree 100%.They looked a bit tired/beat up and heard footsteps in the 4th,except for Welker.Welker is a baller/Pats better pay him.
    canzag
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:45 am
  • I had this pegged as a sure loss. Wow indeed!

RW has Tebow level mental toughness.
    YoSoyFiesta
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:50 am
  • I love this team. Oh my.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:07 am
  • me too!!! awesome!!!
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:15 am
  • Only major concern with this D is the nickel corner spot. Trufant is/was a great Seahawk but he was out-classed by Welker yesterday. The underneath stuff killed us. Welker was logging receptions at will. I hope WTIII can make that spot his own once he is activated.

I didn't like writing that. Love Trufant.
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:23 am
  • Always have to remember it's such a team game. Yards allowed and all that really don't matter.

All three phases stepped up. We needed the offense to score points today, and they did. Special teams - Leon got us into a shorter field for the last drive. And the defense was able to come up with two picks, on in the end zone which is always a back breaker. Although we only got one sack, it could not have come at a better time than the end of the game when the Pats had no timeouts.

If you would have told me we were going to hold that high powered Patriots offense to 23 points, I would have said we are going to have a good shot at winning. They have so many weapons (Brady, Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd). The huge difference today was our offense finally pushed the ball downfield, multiple times. We had three plays of 45+ yards, another of 29 and another of 22.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:03 am
  • HawkFan72 wrote:That was the best opposing offense we will see all year. To hold them to 23 points was good enough, I was worried in the first half but they locked it down. This D is for real and other teams better watch out because our offense is waking up.

Our defensive ranking will drop this week, but we all know who the best D in the NFL is.

Texans got 42 points hung on them and the 49ers gave up 26. We'll be OK.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:09 am
  • Aros wrote:And this was an off night in my estimation for our defense. 1 sack, nearly 400 yards passing...

If this is the worst we look all year?

SUPER BOWL!

USC was always a bend don't break D while Carrol was coach.
    CornerHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:56 am
  • What was impressive about this IMO was the defense was getting stronger as the game went on. The Patriots offense is built to wear a defense out. They mean to have you breathing hard and making mistakes. By the 4th quarter, the opposing defense is supposed to be so tired that they can just run the ball down their throats. Our defense kept their pace all game long. Our defense seemed to wear out their offense, and this is why the last few drives we were able to stop them. Also, when you think about it, they threw the ball 58 times yesterday. This comes to less than 7 yards per attempt. This really isn't that bad in the scheme of things. The Patriots offense is a juggernaut, yet they were only able to put up 2 TD's and only 1 of those from within the Red Zone.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:07 am
  • I agree Trufant's skills have declined but I don't know off the top of my head anyone who has shut Welker down 1v1.
    Agcat
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:12 am
  • CodeWarrior wrote:Only major concern with this D is the nickel corner spot. Trufant is/was a great Seahawk but he was out-classed by Welker yesterday. The underneath stuff killed us. Welker was logging receptions at will. I hope WTIII can make that spot his own once he is activated.

I didn't like writing that. Love Trufant.

LOL Welker does that to a lot of teams, there’s a reason way he leads the league in receptions year, after year, after year...

But your point on Thurmond is well taken…
    "Est autem fides credere quod nondum vides; cuius fidei merces est videre quod credis."
    Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
    (St. Augustine of Hippo)

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."
    (“Ovid”)
    FidelisHawk
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:16 am
  • kidhawk wrote:What was impressive about this IMO was the defense was getting stronger as the game went on. The Patriots offense is built to wear a defense out. They mean to have you breathing hard and making mistakes. By the 4th quarter, the opposing defense is supposed to be so tired that they can just run the ball down their throats. Our defense kept their pace all game long. Our defense seemed to wear out their offense, and this is why the last few drives we were able to stop them. Also, when you think about it, they threw the ball 58 times yesterday. This comes to less than 7 yards per attempt. This really isn't that bad in the scheme of things. The Patriots offense is a juggernaut, yet they were only able to put up 2 TD's and only 1 of those from within the Red Zone.

This! Our guys went out there and beat back the mad aerial onslaught known as the New England Patriots. Lady Brady passed for all those yards and STILL couldn't put big points on the board! And or O pulled through and played ball! This team is FOR REAL! :thirishdrinkers:
    docj78
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:18 am
  • kidhawk wrote:What was impressive about this IMO was the defense was getting stronger as the game went on. The Patriots offense is built to wear a defense out. They mean to have you breathing hard and making mistakes. By the 4th quarter, the opposing defense is supposed to be so tired that they can just run the ball down their throats. Our defense kept their pace all game long. Our defense seemed to wear out their offense, and this is why the last few drives we were able to stop them. Also, when you think about it, they threw the ball 58 times yesterday. This comes to less than 7 yards per attempt. This really isn't that bad in the scheme of things. The Patriots offense is a juggernaut, yet they were only able to put up 2 TD's and only 1 of those from within the Red Zone.

Another indicator: The Patriots had like four or five 3-n-outs all season. They had two in a row to end the game (if you count a "4-n-out" in there...) None bigger than the first one when we HAD to have it!!
    Last edited by BlueTalons on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:18 am

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:33 am
  • Those two defensive stands on the 4th quarter.. My girlfriend looks over at me and goes "they should be tired but they look like they just stepped on the field"

Something is with this team.. They are just impressive.
    Kamcussion
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:51 am
  • This wasn't an off day for the defense IMO. Brady is the caliber of QB who can rarely be stopped. Good enough to play a quick-tempo passing game that keeps pass rushers from ever getting to him, capable of exploiting even the slightest separation (or none at all), and WILL make you pay for a coverage mistake.

The only answer to that kind of QB is to keep up with your offense.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information