last years best defense poll

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
last years best defense poll
Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:36 pm
  • Im not completely remembering the specifics but last year didn't we win some fan vote for the best defense in the NFL ... over the Stealers ..... only to have the people who created the poll basically say it wasn't right because the stealers should have won...

I love that we proved our position to be true. this defense is way better than the stealers (then or now) and only getting better (rather than older)

LOVE ME SOME HAWKS
    rightbench
    NET Veteran

Re: last years best defense poll
Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:54 pm
  • ya i remember that, apparently we "ballot stuffed" the poll and were a level below sf, texans, and the stealers. would like to see that poll brought up again....
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:55 pm
  • That was this off season wasnt it? and I believe it came down to hawks and 9ers. Could be mistaken, my memory isn't too good on off season since I try to block it out till football comes back :)
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:58 pm
  • Guys dont be homers. This is a classic case of results based analysis. We're now proving we deserve to be called the best defense in the league. But before this year started did we? I dont think so
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:31 pm
  • I remember this poll. It was a bracket based thing, and we beat the Niners to go to the "championship" and defeat the Steelers fan base.

As to the post above, I'd like to say that the Hawks fans knew how good this defense was, and could be. The rest of the nation was clueless until we proved it.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:42 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:Guys dont be homers. This is a classic case of results based analysis. We're now proving we deserve to be called the best defense in the league. But before this year started did we? I dont think so

i believe the poll was "the best defense going into 2012" not exactly which one was the best in 2011
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:16 am
  • Hawks46 wrote:I remember this poll. It was a bracket based thing, and we beat the Niners to go to the "championship" and defeat the Steelers fan base.

As to the post above, I'd like to say that the Hawks fans knew how good this defense was, and could be. The rest of the nation was clueless until we proved it.

Yep, and while there was some ballot stuffing (I voted about a dozen times), it was awesome to make the shit filled pundits talk about our D. Now they certainly want those videos to go away. ("No way the Seahawks have a better D" than the Texans, 49ers, Stealers, etc.)
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information