last years best defense poll

rightbench

Reaction score
Im not completely remembering the specifics but last year didn't we win some fan vote for the best defense in the NFL ... over the Stealers ..... only to have the people who created the poll basically say it wasn't right because the stealers should have won...

I love that we proved our position to be true. this defense is way better than the stealers (then or now) and only getting better (rather than older)

LOVE ME SOME HAWKS

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
ya i remember that, apparently we "ballot stuffed" the poll and were a level below sf, texans, and the stealers. would like to see that poll brought up again....

bellingerga

Reaction score
That was this off season wasnt it? and I believe it came down to hawks and 9ers. Could be mistaken, my memory isn't too good on off season since I try to block it out till football comes back :)

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Guys dont be homers. This is a classic case of results based analysis. We're now proving we deserve to be called the best defense in the league. But before this year started did we? I dont think so

Hawks46

Reaction score
I remember this poll. It was a bracket based thing, and we beat the Niners to go to the "championship" and defeat the Steelers fan base.

As to the post above, I'd like to say that the Hawks fans knew how good this defense was, and could be. The rest of the nation was clueless until we proved it.

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":346d6d04 said:
Guys dont be homers. This is a classic case of results based analysis. We're now proving we deserve to be called the best defense in the league. But before this year started did we? I dont think so

i believe the poll was "the best defense going into 2012" not exactly which one was the best in 2011

sam1313

Reaction score
Hawks46":1sokr5t8 said:
I remember this poll. It was a bracket based thing, and we beat the Niners to go to the "championship" and defeat the Steelers fan base.

As to the post above, I'd like to say that the Hawks fans knew how good this defense was, and could be. The rest of the nation was clueless until we proved it.

Yep, and while there was some ballot stuffing (I voted about a dozen times), it was awesome to make the shit filled pundits talk about our D. Now they certainly want those videos to go away. ("No way the Seahawks have a better D" than the Texans, 49ers, Stealers, etc.)

Latest posts