Dan Fouts description of Rice's TD catch

The Radish

Reaction score
It was great to listen to him explain as the video ran.

"Breaks down the right side, cuts to the middle, splits 2 defenders, gains a step. Now all he needs is the football,,,,,,,right there."

High test stuff from a former high level QB

We didn't take it as calmly as he explained it. Wife still screaming watching the bedroom TV while I was here screaming in the computer room.

:les:

bellingerga

Reaction score
I know I loved it. Dan Fouts was pretty awesome today. Hey we deserved some decent color commentating after what we've had to endure this year (mike mantitz martz anyone?)

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I finally got to listen to Steve Raible's call of the TD play, it gave me chills listening to it. Steve was pumped!

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm sure Fouts has many memories of playin our Hawks. Good to see he's not let those (mostly bad) memories over ride his ability to cover the team objectively. ;)

zhawk

Reaction score
i always liked him, in a football sort of way.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Eagle and Fouts are probably CBS's best team. Love listening to games they call.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":4ph57ymi said:
Eagle and Fouts are probably CBS's best team. Love listening to games they call.

I miss Fouts doing Pac 10/12 games. He and Keith Jackson were great together back in the day.

kearly

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3ijfs3kz said:
I finally got to listen to Steve Raible's call of the TD play, it gave me chills listening to it. Steve was pumped!

Sounds awesome. Any chance this is linkable?

kmedic

Reaction score
He forgot to add that Rice almost lost his pants in the endzone. That was Rice's version of mooning Brady and Belichik.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kearly":1mrjwa6u said:
Blitzer88":1mrjwa6u said:

Sounds awesome. Any chance this is linkable?

I gotta hear it! Someone link it if you can please!

Reaction score
Gawd !!??
....he may have given you a good description on that play....
probably (that's NOT prolly people) because he couldn't spin it into a Patriots hi-light !!??

Am I the only one who thought Fouts & Co. were doing a NE love-fest ????

My wife & I both sat during the game and commented how BAD their coverage
of the game was.............like listening to a New England sport channel team !!!

If that's CBS's best coverage team, we now know who the AFC rep in the SuperBlow will be...... :pukeface:

ivotuk

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":1mk5omvu said:
Gawd !!??
probably (that's NOT prolly people) because he couldn't spin it into a Patriots hi-light !!??

of the game was.............like listening to a New England sport channel team !!!

If that's CBS's best coverage team, we now know who the AFC rep in the SuperBlow will be...... :pukeface:

It was all New England all day and how great their players were, non stop brown nosing until Russell made th come back, then he changed his tune.

suppaball

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":1dlhnikw said:
Gawd !!??

I thought this to, that crew was nit riding Brady all day.

drdiags

Reaction score
I understand and don't mind the AFC slobberfest when CBS does a conference game with the Seahawks. They are dedicated to covering the AFC and have mainly done the AFC rotation with a little of the NFC from time to time. It is the FOX crew, with the Mike Martz and Brian Billicks of the world that are not objective or homers that give me the redass.

Dan played his NFL career in the AFC and Brady/Manning stirred that drink for a long time. In the NFC, it is Rodgers/Brees/Eli that are the poster boys. Tebow rules all though I still cannot understand why.

Reaction score
drdiags":32yzmxgu said:
I understand and don't mind the AFC slobberfest when CBS does a conference game with the Seahawks.

I disagree totally, Doctor........

I've NEVER heard a national broadcast team CBS, FOX, NBC, and especially never ESPN ~ do a game coverage where
ANYONE could say their comments during the game were "all Seahawks / all the time" ???

If I want that coverage I usually have to wait for Warren Moon & Co. doing Pre-Season coverage on local Seattle T.V. - - - that's it....Period !!

canzag

Reaction score
Agree 100% with the above post.I thought it was a love fest for the AFC team.Its why I dont watch CBS pre/post game packages.They favor the AFC teams.

If I want to hear it I will go local.