Thursday Outlook?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Thursday Outlook?
Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:28 pm
  • What a great, potentially momentum building win for us today.

Now, with SF's beatdown at home from the Giants, do you think that works to our advantage or disadvantage with the short turn around to Thursday night?

I could see where you could argue that they'll be extra motivated to not lose two home games in a row, but I'm thinking it'll be hard for SF to put this behind them and be focused for Thursday. Especially Alex Smith.
    gtcotcakya
    NET Rookie

Re: Thursday Outlook?
Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:32 pm
  • I agree it will be hard for them on a short week to unwind and start over.

But I think it will be even more difficult for our guys to win such a big game against a huge opponent and not have time to come down from that and then get up for another big game.

I've always wondered how NHL players do it night after night when I have seen literally hundreds of NFL team win a huge game one week and then can't get away from it in time to win the following week.

stillir teams of the 70s managed but few others through the years.

But if anyone can surprise me and get up for thrusday its got to be this group. Holy shit can they keep the pressure on.

:th2thumbs:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:33 pm
  • The guys need to stay focused and not let Thursday be a trap game after this emotional win. I think they can win in San Francisco, but it will likely be another hard-fought game.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:34 pm
  • Not gonna be easy. Wish it was at home.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:38 pm
  • IMO, their fans won't be as jacked because they sucked today, and by scoring early on Thurs., maybe we can make them a total non-factor.
    Mandu
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:50 pm
  • The Giants gave Seattle the blueprint for how to beat the Niners in San Francisco. Let's hope they take advantage of it.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:53 pm
  • What he said^^^^^
    SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:00 pm
  • We should travel to SF (and away from the applause) ASAP. I agree with the post above that said the NYG provided us a blueprint for success. We can win this game and even if we get behind, we know we can come back. The bi-product of this great win today.

Coincidently, I was just telling my wife last nite that it's better to win, playing through diversity, like we have than to blow people out the way SF has done recently. When we get behind, we now have experience to reference so panic don't raise it's ugly head. The Niners? Not so much and I have a feeling they are questioning themselves right now.

Common sense suggested Pete REALLY wanted to beat his old team today. Harbaugh knows just how badly Pete wants to beat him, too. National TV provides the perfect stage for this epic showdown. Can't wait.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information