We will look back on week 6 as a turning point

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
We're now atop the NFC West with the AZ and SF losses and we have the easiest part of our schedule to go. This was a season changing win, and Russell Wilson put the team on his back to do so.

mikeak

Reaction score
We came in to the game 3-2 and were in every game at the end.... Not sure how another win is considered a turnin point

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Obviously, this was a huge win for us. Going into today, we had 2 losses to teams we feel we are better than, one huge legitimate win against Dallas, a gimme against GB, and a nice road win at Carolina. However, in order for it to be a turning point, we would have had to be going in some negative direction, which we weren't. I see today as one of those weeks where we got A LOT better and we were able to beat a great team with a great QB and a great coach.

To your point, I think the fans may have turned a page today, more so than the team. I think the Russell bashing will wane severely this week and we, as fans, can leave that debate behind. One can only hope, anyway.

HawkWow

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan said:
Obviously, this was a huge win for us. Going into today, we had 2 losses to teams we feel we are better than, one huge legitimate win against Dallas, a gimme against GB, and a nice road win at Carolina. However, in order for it to be a turning point, we would have had to be going in some negative direction, which we weren't. I see today as one of those weeks where we got A LOT better and we were able to beat a great team with a great QB and a great coach.

To your point, I think the fans may have turned a page today, more so than the team. I think the Russell bashing will wane severely this week and we, as fans, can leave that debate behind. One can only hope, anyway.[/quote

IMO, the term "turning point" is very appropriate. We have been in negative direction since losing Hutch. Which almost coincides with the last time we had a QB we could count on. Great win today and I believe several questions were answered with this win. With a rook, we just beat the best O in the league who came in 12-1 on the road. The fact this win shuts up Flynn supporters (like myself) contributes to this win being something of a turning point for the franchise, IMO.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Dear god I hope this is the end of the Russell bashing. Dude just won a mini-shootout against the most powerful offense in the league (complete with a long bomb game winning score). Anyone spewing spite after this is just being a contraroan asshole.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Today was definitely a turning point. This will be the game everyone looks back and says the team turned the corner and became a playoff team. Our first 8 games were so brutal that I remember saying if we went 4-4 we'd be sitting fantastic because the remaining 8 games we could go 6-2 and finish 10-6.

We're sitting fantastic. We could go 5-3 or even 6-2.

Game on in SF.

And Can, you won't hear a peep out of me about Flynn starting anymore. Wilson proved it's his job today. I finally saw a winner out there today. Great come from behind win.

Latest posts