Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Thursday Outlook?
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:28 pm 
NET Rookie

What a great, potentially momentum building win for us today.

Now, with SF's beatdown at home from the Giants, do you think that works to our advantage or disadvantage with the short turn around to Thursday night?

I could see where you could argue that they'll be extra motivated to not lose two home games in a row, but I'm thinking it'll be hard for SF to put this behind them and be focused for Thursday. Especially Alex Smith.

Post subject: Re: Thursday Outlook?
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:32 pm 
* NET Radish *

I agree it will be hard for them on a short week to unwind and start over.

But I think it will be even more difficult for our guys to win such a big game against a huge opponent and not have time to come down from that and then get up for another big game.

I've always wondered how NHL players do it night after night when I have seen literally hundreds of NFL team win a huge game one week and then can't get away from it in time to win the following week.

stillir teams of the 70s managed but few others through the years.

But if anyone can surprise me and get up for thrusday its got to be this group. Holy shit can they keep the pressure on.

:th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:33 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

The guys need to stay focused and not let Thursday be a trap game after this emotional win. I think they can win in San Francisco, but it will likely be another hard-fought game.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:34 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

Not gonna be easy. Wish it was at home.

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:38 pm 
NET Starter

IMO, their fans won't be as jacked because they sucked today, and by scoring early on Thurs., maybe we can make them a total non-factor.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:50 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

The Giants gave Seattle the blueprint for how to beat the Niners in San Francisco. Let's hope they take advantage of it.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:53 pm 
NET Rookie

What he said^^^^^

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:00 pm 
NET Veteran

We should travel to SF (and away from the applause) ASAP. I agree with the post above that said the NYG provided us a blueprint for success. We can win this game and even if we get behind, we know we can come back. The bi-product of this great win today.

Coincidently, I was just telling my wife last nite that it's better to win, playing through diversity, like we have than to blow people out the way SF has done recently. When we get behind, we now have experience to reference so panic don't raise it's ugly head. The Niners? Not so much and I have a feeling they are questioning themselves right now.

Common sense suggested Pete REALLY wanted to beat his old team today. Harbaugh knows just how badly Pete wants to beat him, too. National TV provides the perfect stage for this epic showdown. Can't wait.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]