THAT... is the Russell Wilson..

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Hasselbeck":13d75i12 said:
I've been dying to see.

Well done rook. Well done.

You mean he's getting better with experience?? Who would have ever imagined such a scenario!!??

Seeker

Reaction score
You know what helped him in this close, high pressure game?

all the other ones he's played, he probably wasn't even nervous.

I think this team just freaking clicked, and that is a scary scary thing.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":hpmcvfox said:
Hasselbeck":hpmcvfox said:
I've been dying to see.

Well done rook. Well done.

You mean he's getting better with experience?? Who would have ever imagined such a scenario!!??

Everyone knows you can tell a player will be a bust by how he reacts to the coin toss in the first pre-season game.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
The Patriots do have a horrible passing defense , but this game was a thing of beauty . I Absolutley loved all the throws down the field and all his throws were right on.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Today made a huge difference. It's Wilson's job now. He proved he's a winner and a clutch QB.

edogg23

Reaction score
I was very impressed with RW today. I was also impressed with our wide receivers as well!

hawkmanj

Reaction score
There will be more bumps along the way and likely some more bad games. But I think he'll be special. Bad QB's and lucky QBs lead two scoring drives to come back in the 4th.

Major kudos to the receivers too.

EmonacoZ71

Reaction score
Wilson's arm strength is unreal and underrated I think. Made those throws look effortless and that ball was sailing 40-50 yards like it was shot out of a cannon. With all that being said, his accuracy was spot on. I think the trust is there now for Wilson to be a bigger part of the game plan as far as throwing the ball. The best thing about him is he has got a good head on his shoulders and seems 100% committed to improving and to be the best in the league. As far as leading two 4th quarter comebacks, lucky or bad quarterbacks don't have the patience or presence of mind to handle the situation.

amill87

Reaction score
Kudos to you guys that said he was capable of this all along.

I'm very much a "prove it" type of person. Wilson proved he can be above average today and definitely was not mediocre. Even with the fumbles and it seemed like the same ole Hawks giving the game away, he hung in there and earned a lot of respect from me and I imagine a lot of other people today.

This is what I (and I think everyone really) wanted all along and I couldn't be happier right now. If Wilson continues down the road he's going, we could be in for something special this year.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I probably posted my concerns about Wilson in every START FLYNN thread, so feel compelled to post my congrats to the rook in every Wilson thread, now and going forward. I'm a believer and finally satisfied that he has earned the top spot on this team.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
And now he has beaten Brady, Rodgers, Romo and Newton.

This kid is the real deal... he can flat-out play.

VHawk

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":30bntkf7 said:
The Patriots do have a horrible passing defense , but this game was a thing of beauty . I Absolutley loved all the throws down the field and all his throws were right on.

Sweet backhanded compliment! :roll:

SE174

Reaction score
We're still only seeing a glimpse of what Russell is capable of, IMO. Hopefully this performance will cause Pete to open up full throttle. Russ is a baller.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
VHawk":29l7pbtt said:
EastCoastHawksFan":29l7pbtt said:

Sweet backhanded compliment! :roll:
He isn't wrong. That secondary is terrible. Russell did his job, which is to punish a bad secondary for 8-10 yards. The receivers did their job, which is to make the catches. It isn't a back handed compliment, it is truth.

Hell, even a receiver throwing a pass made that secondary look terrible.