Wilson just came of age, people.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
You throw a td on fourth down on a do or die at the end of the game like that? YOU'RE A MAN, BABY.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOO!!!!, HE'S TOOO SHOOOOOOOOOORT!!!!!!, I HAVE PROOF!, just ask Bestfight :16:

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
And that's exactly what was missing last season - pulling out wins in a close one. Finding a way to win tight games. Jackson couldn't get out of his own way (remember 4th down and throwing it away vs San Fran?). Wilson now has two game winning TD scores, he's won three close games and one beat down.

Oh, and he's also matched Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo and Cam Newton in those games.

Yet I guarantee there's people on this board tonight not enjoying this win as much as they should because they've spent weeks arguing Matt Flynn is a better quarterback based on one game against a crappy Detroit secondary with the Packers offense.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome team win today. RW played great. Offense is progressing well. 12th Man was out of control. Tom Brady has NEVER thrown more passes in a game than he did today. I don't know exactly what that means but it means something. Thursday's gonna be huge.

LET'S GOOOOO SEAAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAWKS!!!!!!!!!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Was it a 4th down throw? I thought it was 3rd down? Not that it diminishes his performance. He was great and I still have a problem with the fumble. Looked like the BS tuck rule should have been in effect. Great job young man! I look forward to your continued development and thanks for proving me (somewhat) wrong about your ability to win at this level. You da man!

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":3dl708n7 said:
Are you kidding me? Hey, I'm as happy as anyone that RW is in and Flynn is not, because I think he flat-out won the competition. And I certainly agree the kid is really coming on.

But, "came of age"? You must have conveniently forgotten some of his rookie mistakes. Bad throws, running backwards, you saw 'em. Does that make him bad? No, just means he's still a rookie who has a ways to go before he's solid.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
tdlabrie":34qkh2lx said:
Lords of Scythia":34qkh2lx said:
Are you kidding me? Hey, I'm as happy as anyone that RW is in and Flynn is not, because I think he flat-out won the competition. And I certainly agree the kid is really coming on.

But, "came of age"? You must have conveniently forgotten some of his rookie mistakes. Bad throws, running backwards, you saw 'em. Does that make him bad? No, just means he's still a rookie who has a ways to go before he's solid.
I think you're kind of both right. He is coming of age but it's a process. He's quite far along for 6 games but he still does rookie stuff. But, he has that "something" that the great ones have and he learns very, very quickly no doubt because he works very, very hard at it.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Tom Brady had some poor passes as well, bad enough to end up with the other team. The pick that ET should of had would of been the most damaging.

I think every mistake Wilson makes is overblown. Those long balls today were strikes.

HawkWow

Reaction score
tdlabrie":esyslpnl said:
Lords of Scythia":esyslpnl said:

Not sure rookies have a monopoly on "bad throws" in this league, Brady, arguably the best QB ever, made a few today as well. In fact, Brady's worst were much worse than the rooks. The "running backwards" thing? I don't want to appear argumentive but I have a feeling we'll be seeing that from Wilson long after he's no longer a rook. I'm gonna' do my best to get used to it and have to assume Pete understood this was part of the package when he drafted him. Today is a great day for Seahawk fans...on many different levels.

The Radish

Reaction score
Can we finally stop trying to muzzle Russell Wilson? Just let him play the game cause he's got what it takes.

:les:

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3lzo3q1l said:
And that's exactly what was missing last season - pulling out wins in a close one. Finding a way to win tight games. Jackson couldn't get out of his own way (remember 4th down and throwing it away vs San Fran?). Wilson now has two game winning TD scores, he's won three close games and one beat down.

Oh, and he's also matched Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo and Cam Newton in those games.

Yet I guarantee there's people on this board tonight not enjoying this win as much as they should because they've spent weeks arguing Matt Flynn is a better quarterback based on one game against a crappy Detroit secondary with the Packers offense.
Yeah Jackson was a clutch-time crap-out. Wilson is shaping up to be the opposite. He's growing a little every game - it doesn't have to be spectacular progress, just keep getting better.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawkWow":1ivn1yz0 said:
tdlabrie":1ivn1yz0 said:
Lords of Scythia":1ivn1yz0 said:

Not sure rookies have a monopoly on "bad throws" in this league, Brady, arguably the best QB ever, made a few today as well. In fact, Brady's worst were much worse than the rooks. The "running backwards" thing? I don't want to appear argumentive but I have a feeling we'll be seeing that from Wilson long after he's no longer a rook. I'm gonna' do my best to get used to it and have to assume Pete understood this was part of the package when he drafted him. Today is a great day for Seahawk fans...on many different levels.

Sometimes it's going to be spectacular. Sometimes it's going to be face-palm worthy. But it's always going to be fun.