Setting the tone early on defense...

debevemos

Reaction score
I think the most concern we have defensively is focused on the middle of the field. We are confident in our ability to play the run and with our corners, the ability to defend the outside of the field. The Patriots are going to get their chances and gain some yards regardless of how well we play, we have to contain and limit them.

I feel the key to containing them, if we can't shut them down, is using our size in the secondary to punish anyone catching the ball in middle early. I want to see Welker get hammered by Chancellor or Browner in the first quarter so he's thinking twice anytime the balls thrown his way. I want to see Hernandez played very physically so we test him and he proves he's healthy enough to play with the Seahawks. The tone of the game needs to be set early! I'll take a penalty if that's what it takes to send the message. (note: I do not want to see any player Seahawk or Patriot injured)

If we can get these things done and stifle the juggernaut that is the Patriots offense, I think we stand a very good chance of winning the game.